21 posts in this topic

Hi there

Feeling really annoyed about the progress of my spousal visa with NVC.  Here's what we have so far-

-called last week, just short of 6 weeks since the date of my USCIS NOA2/acceptance letter, informed that since it was 6 weeks and they still hadn't received the case, to call a few days later...for whatever reason...
-called a few days later as instructed, told that NVC received case 15th February!!!!  For some reason, first person I called a few days earlier did not tell me this!  This lady told me she would send my case to a supervisor as it was clearly out of standard time-lines for a case number to be generated.
-called a week later, today, to be told that case enquiry would be e-mailed to supervisor (???!!!).  Asked many questions, no answers.

Is this normal????  My NOA2 from USCIS was dated 22/01/2018.  The priority date is 04/28/2017.  NVC apparently received my case 02/15/2018.  Still I have no case number.  Any advice on what to do next???  Phone calls seriously aren't getting me anywhere.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, liamthepianist said:

Hi there

Feeling really annoyed about the progress of my spousal visa with NVC.  Here's what we have so far-

-called last week, just short of 6 weeks since the date of my USCIS NOA2/acceptance letter, informed that since it was 6 weeks and they still hadn't received the case, to call a few days later...for whatever reason...
-called a few days later as instructed, told that NVC received case 15th February!!!!  For some reason, first person I called a few days earlier did not tell me this!  This lady told me she would send my case to a supervisor as it was clearly out of standard time-lines for a case number to be generated.
-called a week later, today, to be told that case enquiry would be e-mailed to supervisor (???!!!).  Asked many questions, no answers.

Is this normal????  My NOA2 from USCIS was dated 22/01/2018.  The priority date is 04/28/2017.  NVC apparently received my case 02/15/2018.  Still I have no case number.  Any advice on what to do next???  Phone calls seriously aren't getting me anywhere.

Thanks

Be patient. The NVC is running very behind, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Our case is finally moving. Our case was received by NVC Feb 8, 2018 and we received our c case number today.  I went online to choose an agent and the NVC site is down.... :huh:.  In the meantime when the site is up go to NVC.State.gov and review the steps if you have not done so yet and gather what is needed so when the magic happens you are ready to roll.  

CM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 minutes ago, liamthepianist said:

Hi there

Thanks

if you are a pivot case it will take longer, if your a normal mail in case, those are taking about 4 weeks to get a case #

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Be patient. The NVC is running very behind, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Our case is finally moving. Our case was received by NVC Feb 8, 2018 and we received our c case number today.  I went online to choose an agent and the NVC site is down.... :huh:.  In the meantime when the site is up go to NVC.State.gov and review the steps if you have not done so yet and gather what is needed so when the magic happens you are ready to roll.  

CM

I can get through on the site, 

you are using https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I can get through on the site, 

you are using https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Sorry to say the site is down..........I was trying to get on it as well. Don't worry I have been able to in the past, I think they are having some technical overload issues.

The steps........

(please verify online when you can get online)

The areas in red you can do now.

1. choose and agent
    1. DS 261 - CEAC
  2. pay fees
    1. immigrant application processing fee
    2. affidavit of support fee
  3. submit visa application
    1. DS 260
      1. beneficiary id (on immigrant visa invoice)
  4. ***collect financial documents
    1. ***IRS tax transcripts 3 years
      1. ***current tax year if filed (copy along with W-2 copies
    2. ***Complete I 864 or I864EZ
  5. ***collect supporting documents 
    1. COPIES
      1. ***beneficiary birth certificate 
      2. ***marriage certificate
      3. ***beneficiary passport bio-page
      4. ***police certificate
      5. ***divorce decree (if any previous marriages)
  6. Submit to NVC

I hope this helps in the meantime :D

CM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks so much guys.  This forum is seriously amazing and I’m so grateful for all you wonderful people!!  If I may ask - what is a pivot case?  My embassy interview will be in London, UK, when that eventually comes if that makes a difference!  I gather I will not have the option to send all my documents via scans etc and will need to mail them in physically, although I may have that wrong!

Thanks so much for the help and support.  It means a lot to us both!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Sorry to say the site is down..........I was trying to get on it as well. Don't worry I have been able to in the past, I think they are having some technical overload issues.

The steps........

(please verify online when you can get online)

The areas in red you can do now.

1. choose and agent
    1. DS 261 - CEAC
  2. pay fees
    1. immigrant application processing fee
    2. affidavit of support fee
  3. submit visa application
    1. DS 260
      1. beneficiary id (on immigrant visa invoice)
  4. ***collect financial documents
    1. ***IRS tax transcripts 3 years
      1. ***current tax year if filed (copy along with W-2 copies
    2. ***Complete I 864 or I864EZ
  5. ***collect supporting documents 
    1. COPIES
      1. ***beneficiary birth certificate 
      2. ***marriage certificate
      3. ***beneficiary passport bio-page
      4. ***police certificate
      5. ***divorce decree (if any previous marriages)
  6. Submit to NVC

I hope this helps in the meantime :D

CM

I have finished the DS-261 and paid AOS fee, my IV bill is not unlocked yet, but everything else I was able to do.

Timeline

4 minutes ago, smp17 said:

Thanks so much guys.  This forum is seriously amazing and I’m so grateful for all you wonderful people!!  If I may ask - what is a pivot case?  My embassy interview will be in London, UK, when that eventually comes if that makes a difference!  I gather I will not have the option to send all my documents via scans etc and will need to mail them in physically, although I may have that wrong!

a pivot case is one that is done all oneline through CEAC website, there is a list on the NVC page of us embassy that are pivot locations,  since you are London, your case would not be a pivot case, but a regular mail in case.

image.thumb.png.1722f69f90913c2b68918b80d5c35df6.png

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
5 minutes ago, smp17 said:

going back to your original question your case # should be up the by Wednesday night or Thursday night. of this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

NVC is super slow right now with CEAC cases (scanning docs). They received our file January 8th & we just got our case number today...over 2 months!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am super happy with what I see, my case is an IR-2 I am the son of a citizen, and my case was approved and sent to the NVC on January 26, my father called Thursday and they said that the case is being reviewed, but has not yet been released on the system, they have already received but are reviewing, what would be this review, will complete 7 semamas that was sent to them

Timeline
17 hours ago, smp17 said:

Wow, thanks so much!!! How do you know this??

as London is not part of the Pivot cases, and for whatever reason those cases are taking longer to put in, I am not a pivot case, NVC got my case on 2/8 and I got my case number 3/7 so this week will likely be your week to get your case # I know its hard just be patient. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.