1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 10:27 PM, Davidmldonado2385 said:

It wouldnt be that long for you to get the bio appointment, they probably would scheduled you around 30 days after they received your application, so I would say by july 25-30. Good luck and welcome to the “601a waiters club”.

Hiiii, have you been approved yet? when was your biometrics appt done?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So my husband submitted his paperwork for his i601a case in January, had his biometrics appointment in April. Received his approval on June 15, 2018. Does anyone know what’s next ? I’m guessing his interview in JuareZ? Does anyone have this time frame and approval?

Timeline

Hi all,

New here to VJ and to this thread! I know this is mainly to target the Mexico waiting times on the i601a waiver, however, i figured El Salvador is pretty close :)  My husband is the one i petition for...just a little timeline from my end we started our journey with our current lawyer back in June of 2016(FOIA was cleared), and we sent the petition i-130 on 12/6/16. they received it on 12/19/16. the petition was approved 5/17. During that time we put a pause on our case due to a lot of health issues on my end and financially it was not possible. On 01/24/18 we revisited the case and began to get prepared with so many evidence of hardships, medical records, marriage, psychological assessment, financial items. The preparation was stressful including getting reference letters from jobs and family members.  Thick thick case we built together with our attorney.  After our end was done, we waited for our attorney to put everything together and put in their research for my husband's country of origin from El Salvador with statistics. We had a lot of paperwork to fill out as well. NEXT...  

i601a waiver sent through our lawyer on 5/7/18

receipt recieved 5/21/18

biometrics letter recieved 6/8/18

biometrics done on 6/27/18.

The waiting begins for our approval, has anyone been approved yet and scheduled an interview in their home country? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Gilbert Godoy 91 said:

So my husband submitted his paperwork for his i601a case in January, had his biometrics appointment in April. Received his approval on June 15, 2018. Does anyone know what’s next ? I’m guessing his interview in JuareZ? Does anyone have this time frame and approval?

WOW! that is extremely fast... his i601a waiver was approved on 6/15/18? your attorney is supposed to contact you regarding the next step. they have to prepare his visa stuff for his interview in Mexico. Let us know when you hear about his interview date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes ,  I know this is our 3rd time trying . Previously we had some lousy lawyers and got denied so we decided to get someone new and well it paid off. We did talk to our lawyer and we set up an appointment to go over everything in 2 weeks. Just wondering how fast these appointments come .  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
11 hours ago, mrscgarcia said:

Hi all,

New here to VJ and to this thread! I know this is mainly to target the Mexico waiting times on the i601a waiver, however, i figured El Salvador is pretty close :)  My husband is the one i petition for...just a little timeline from my end we started our journey with our current lawyer back in June of 2016(FOIA was cleared), and we sent the petition i-130 on 12/6/16. they received it on 12/19/16. the petition was approved 5/17. During that time we put a pause on our case due to a lot of health issues on my end and financially it was not possible. On 01/24/18 we revisited the case and began to get prepared with so many evidence of hardships, medical records, marriage, psychological assessment, financial items. The preparation was stressful including getting reference letters from jobs and family members.  Thick thick case we built together with our attorney.  After our end was done, we waited for our attorney to put everything together and put in their research for my husband's country of origin from El Salvador with statistics. We had a lot of paperwork to fill out as well. NEXT...  

i601a waiver sent through our lawyer on 5/7/18

receipt recieved 5/21/18

biometrics letter recieved 6/8/18

biometrics done on 6/27/18.

The waiting begins for our approval, has anyone been approved yet and scheduled an interview in their home country? 

Good luck!!.. Did you received any communication from NVC about 601a?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Gilbert Godoy 91 said:

Yes ,  I know this is our 3rd time trying . Previously we had some lousy lawyers and got denied so we decided to get someone new and well it paid off. We did talk to our lawyer and we set up an appointment to go over everything in 2 weeks. Just wondering how fast these appointments come .  

My Lawyer said that it would be around 3-4months for the interview.  Others say maybe 2 months.  Are you also getting your Antendentes Penales?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello all,

so excited to read your post!  Please don’t forget to continue to share your Journey with us! 

So far for us ....

I130 submitted 03/2017.

i130 approved 11/2017

601a mailed out  July 11/2018!

My husband is from Guatemala. Hoping for an early Christmas present!!!! 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well we had a little set back so we turn in our wavier the 21st of july , but she also gave my husband the form DS-290 to fill out . How does that one go along she said to turn it in 2 months from now .

My mom had her interview in Juarez on January 2, 2018 and was denied her visa based on knowledge of me coming to the US as a baby 33 years ago. She was eligible for a waiver and sent her petition (waiver 601) immediately. USCIS received her waiver application January 10, 2018 and since we are waiting. She has been in Mexico a little past 6 months. Does anyone know the approximate time that these waivers are taking to process? The website says 14-18.5 months but people say 6-9 months, others 12 months. Any experiences that you can share? Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, AndyJuarez said:

Sharing my case details 601a:

Applied Jun 7-8.

Check cleared: jun 21

Got receipt in mail: jun 27

Biometric appt letter: waiting

nvc 601a email: waiting (how long this takes? Can someone share details who received the email recently to check what date they processing?)

Applied Jun 7-8.

Check cleared: jun 21

Got receipt in mail: jun 27

Biometric appt letter recd: jul 11 for appt on jul 26

nvc 601a email: waiting

Timeline

On 7/13/2018 at 1:47 AM, Gilbert Godoy 91 said:

my oh my 3rd time, well hope this time is a charm! good luck. heard it was within the next month of your lawyer prep.

Timeline
23 hours ago, MsAdri said:

My mom had her interview in Juarez on January 2, 2018 and was denied her visa based on knowledge of me coming to the US as a baby 33 years ago. She was eligible for a waiver and sent her petition (waiver 601) immediately. USCIS received her waiver application January 10, 2018 and since we are waiting. She has been in Mexico a little past 6 months. Does anyone know the approximate time that these waivers are taking to process? The website says 14-18.5 months but people say 6-9 months, others 12 months. Any experiences that you can share? Thank you

hmmm...i believe yours is a longer wait. 14-18 mths. this forum is the i601a(you only go for a short period of time for an interview, typically 2-3 weeks in the home country). was told that the i601(you wait in the home county until approval) is typically a whole lot longer:(

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, Anava said:

Hello! I am new to the thread, I've been reading each and every one of the updates. I'm glad some of you guys have already received the approval. Currently me and my husband are doing the same as many of you guys waiting..... we submitted our waiver packet (I601A) on 6/15/2018 and was received on 6/25/2018 we got our receipt on July 2 2018. We are currently waiting on the biometric appointment. I really hope this doesn't take long! 

biometrics should be really soon, no longer than a month. good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, Scajer25 said:

Congratulations!!!:D  I hope ours gets approved soon as well. Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!❤️

On 5/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, Mansini77 said:

Ahhh, so the USCIS office in Nebraska can do an I-601a approval in a somewhat timely manner, a little less than three months.

I know you want to send all your documents to the NVC quickly, but please make sure you send EVERYTHING on their checklist or have your case delayed.  The infamous Police Clearance certificate for one.

Good luck and congrats on your I-601a approval.  Big step forward.  

You were right. I did not include the police report because I was 16 when I first got in and never lived more than 6 months out of the United States. I got an email on 5/29 (which I didn't see for a whole month because it went to my spam folder) requesting the police report. I called the NVC to see what I could do, I didn't want my case to be delayed for another six months while I get power of attorney, consulate appointment for fingerprints and all that its needed. Good news, they told me to write a letter explaining that I will bring the police certificate at the time of my appointment. A month later I got another email saying that they have everything and are just waiting for my 601a approval... I got my approval notice in April. Have anybody got this kind of email? I sent a copy of my approval so I'll keep you posted to see what happens next. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.