inlove_pinay

ATTENTION : MAY FILERS ... lets keep in touch!

4,105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think they are "ON" to the old RFE trick. Officer Ortega was very skeptical about my RFE worries. Maybe she was close to telling me, "liar, liar, pants on fire!" ;) HA! Wouldn't that have been a hoot!

I am sending all kinds of good, good, good, good vibe-ations your way... ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was hoping we'd get some more good news today, maybe we will as it's not 'closing time yet' and I didn't get my official notice until nearly 3:30 PT yesterday, so there is still time in the day for some good news.

Fingers crossed!

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are "ON" to the old RFE trick. Officer Ortega was very skeptical about my RFE worries. Maybe she was close to telling me, "liar, liar, pants on fire!" ;) HA! Wouldn't that have been a hoot!

I am sending all kinds of good, good, good, good vibe-ations your way... ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was hoping we'd get some more good news today, maybe we will as it's not 'closing time yet' and I didn't get my official notice until nearly 3:30 PT yesterday, so there is still time in the day for some good news.

Fingers crossed!

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

I did call CSC again today, I was straight up about getting a chance to speak to a real human. I told then I pressed all kinds of buttons until I finally got to hear a live human voice, that it was a long time coming for my approval. However, they did tell me that our file is still in the "Mail Room" and ready to be assigned to a case officer. So I will just keep waiting, keep being positive minded and letting time be my best friend.

This time we have away from our loved ones demonstrates our commitment and determination, it shows our true love and desires to hang on and wait no matter how hard or difficult the situation may become. Never give up, Failure is a trickester, he will trip you up when you are at the closest point of success. Good Luck

Kenny

12/30/2005 Visited Philippines for a Friends wedding and met Marife

06/04/2006 Made another trip to see my beautiful Marife!

01/27/2007 Visited Marife.....Proposed and she said YES!!

04/28/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC.....and the VJ begins

05/08/2007 Received NOA1 From CSC

09/10/2007 K1 Petition Approved!!!!

09/11/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via email!!!

09/14/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via postal mail!!!

10/24/2007 NVC Received Petition!!

10/26/2007 NVC Sent Petition to USE in Manila

11/07/2007 Medical Exam and Interview Date listed at Embassy Website

11/28/2007 St Lukes Medical Exam

12/05/2007 Interview with Consolate Officer at USE in Manila(Approved!!!)

12/26/2007 Visa Delivered by Delbros

02/04/2008 Arrived in U.S.

02/14/2008 Married on Valentines Day!!

02/25/2009 Mailed AOS Application

03/04/2009 Case Transfered to CSC

03/27/2009 Biometrics

05/01/2009 Received Approval/Welcome letter

05/02/2009 RECEIVED GREEN CARD!!!! by mail.

Timeline

*hugs* Kenny. I hope you guys get some good news soon.

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

APPROVED!!!!

I once read a story about a miner, he headed west during the gold rush days to stake his claim.

He finally made it to Colorado, staked his claim and started digging. Sure enough, he struck Gold. He covered the hole

and headed back east. Once he made it home, he borrowed as much money as possible, purchased the finest drilling equipment, hired men and headed back west.

This Miner went back to that same place and started digging, he did find a lot of Gold there, it was coming fast, he was dreaming of being wealthy.

Then one fateful day, he hits dirt. The Gold Vein dried up, they kept digging for a while but finally gave up.

Fortunately for him, he had found enough gold to pay off all his debts. This miner found a local junk man and sold all his

minning equipment for just a few hundred dollars.

Well, this old junk man saw an opportunity, he hired a proffessional surveyor, the surveyor was

an expert at surveying fault lines, he said that there was still gold nearby. The old Junk man started digging again.

Well, as luck would have it, the gold vein picked up only 3 feet away from the old vein, they gave up 3 feet short.

Just 3 feet away and the original miner would have found a very large Gold vein, so large in fact that it would have made him a multi-millionaire. The Junk man did become a multi-millionaire.

It pays to be paitient, sometimes we can find our selves just 3 feet from success and wanting to give up, never give up. Failure is a true trickster, when success is the closest, failure will try to trip us up the hardest. Keep going

forward and don't look back.

Good luck guys, hope this little story helps. Maybe some of you have heard it before, maybe some of you are thinking of giving up, don't do it. It's a true story, I just don't remember the names.

Kenny

Edited by Ken & Marife

12/30/2005 Visited Philippines for a Friends wedding and met Marife

06/04/2006 Made another trip to see my beautiful Marife!

01/27/2007 Visited Marife.....Proposed and she said YES!!

04/28/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC.....and the VJ begins

05/08/2007 Received NOA1 From CSC

09/10/2007 K1 Petition Approved!!!!

09/11/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via email!!!

09/14/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via postal mail!!!

10/24/2007 NVC Received Petition!!

10/26/2007 NVC Sent Petition to USE in Manila

11/07/2007 Medical Exam and Interview Date listed at Embassy Website

11/28/2007 St Lukes Medical Exam

12/05/2007 Interview with Consolate Officer at USE in Manila(Approved!!!)

12/26/2007 Visa Delivered by Delbros

02/04/2008 Arrived in U.S.

02/14/2008 Married on Valentines Day!!

02/25/2009 Mailed AOS Application

03/04/2009 Case Transfered to CSC

03/27/2009 Biometrics

05/01/2009 Received Approval/Welcome letter

05/02/2009 RECEIVED GREEN CARD!!!! by mail.

Timeline

Very Nice! Thanks for that

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
WELL I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CHECKED THE USCIS WEBPAGE THIS MORNING AND I AM APPROVED TODAY THE NOTICE WAS SENT OUT YESTERDAY. THANK GOD I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I HOPE EVERYONE GETS APPOVED ASAP

I AM APPROVED AUG 23 2007

Congrats! Hope the rest of your journey goes quickly and smoothly. Maybe the flood gates have opened for May filers now.

I just called CSC and they said that my case has been assigned to a person eventhough I don't have touches or anything like that. I used the old RFE trick but I was like like hey.. i wanna know what's going on with my case. So anywho they said I should get a notice of action within 60 days. Well I hope that is good news. It makes me feel better to know my case isn't just sitting around. SO YEAH!

That's good news okspider!!!! I used the RFE trick but it didn't work for me....Zeenush also said it didn't work for them either so I think this doesn't work in VSC anymore! :wacko:

Congratulations for the couples who got a proved and way to go for the one who got touches!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have't checked my case online yet, haha! I think I'll do it later... :unsure:

--MIRLA.

I am glad that you got someone nice - my person was not nice and informed me it probably won't be assigned to anyone sono- grrrrrrrrr hoping your lady is right!!!!!

best to everyone-good luck on fridays

She told you it probably won't be assigned to anyone!??!?!?!?!?!?!? What a bee-otch!!!! :angry: The first time I called I talked to someone with a bad attitude and told me to called customer service.....I haven't tried again. I just checked my case status and no touches!

Anyways, I have faith on what Zeenusah was told!!!! :D

I might try to give a call tomorrow!!!!

Come on! The day is not over!!! ALWAYS P-O-S-I-T-I-VE!!!!!!! :dance:

--Mirla.

I know we have different service centers but man the person I talked to was a real a-hole! Maybe they constantly have sticks up their butts!

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Fingers crossed!

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

I did call CSC again today, I was straight up about getting a chance to speak to a real human. I told then I pressed all kinds of buttons until I finally got to hear a live human voice, that it was a long time coming for my approval. However, they did tell me that our file is still in the "Mail Room" and ready to be assigned to a case officer. So I will just keep waiting, keep being positive minded and letting time be my best friend.

This time we have away from our loved ones demonstrates our commitment and determination, it shows our true love and desires to hang on and wait no matter how hard or difficult the situation may become. Never give up, Failure is a trickester, he will trip you up when you are at the closest point of success. Good Luck

Kenny

aww kenny you are so right. It really sucks waiting! I swear us people going through immigration have to be some of the toughest in the world because we go through so much stress! I am just praying for everyone who is going through this. We just all need to keep our heads up no matter how far away the end result seems!

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I once read a story about a miner, he headed west during the gold rush days to stake his claim.

He finally made it to Colorado, staked his claim and started digging. Sure enough, he struck Gold. He covered the hole

and headed back east. Once he made it home, he borrowed as much money as possible, purchased the finest drilling equipment, hired men and headed back west.

This Miner went back to that same place and started digging, he did find a lot of Gold there, it was coming fast, he was dreaming of being wealthy.

Then one fateful day, he hits dirt. The Gold Vein dried up, they kept digging for a while but finally gave up.

Fortunately for him, he had found enough gold to pay off all his debts. This miner found a local junk man and sold all his

minning equipment for just a few hundred dollars.

Well, this old junk man saw an opportunity, he hired a proffessional surveyor, the surveyor was

an expert at surveying fault lines, he said that there was still gold nearby. The old Junk man started digging again.

Well, as luck would have it, the gold vein picked up only 3 feet away from the old vein, they gave up 3 feet short.

Just 3 feet away and the original miner would have found a very large Gold vein, so large in fact that it would have made him a multi-millionaire. The Junk man did become a multi-millionaire.

It pays to be paitient, sometimes we can find our selves just 3 feet from success and wanting to give up, never give up. Failure is a true trickster, when success is the closest, failure will try to trip us up the hardest. Keep going

forward and don't look back.

Good luck guys, hope this little story helps. Maybe some of you have heard it before, maybe some of you are thinking of giving up, don't do it. It's a true story, I just don't remember the names.

Kenny

Great story...thanks. Just goes to show that patience is a virtue. The stock market is similar...you buy the brightest technologies for the future and patiently hold them through a roller coaster ride until you are richly rewarded...it does require a lot of patience!!! However the visa application is different...if the file is sitting in some high school flunky's office for four months gathering dust it speaks poorly about the system in general. We don't give up...but think about Plan B...which is to move to a different country where both of us can live happily ever after....I must admit we are getting close to Plan B.... no touches since the application was received by NSC on May 7th!!!

Good luck to all...and congrats to the May filers who made it...

Steve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
*hugs* Kenny. I hope you guys get some good news soon.

Ever Hopeful,

Annette

I was just wondering if anyone from Canada has gotten a NOA2 yet because of the May filers so far which by the way Congrats are from other countries haven't noticed any from Canada that I can see, either that I'm missing them somewhere,,gosh I hope there are some just to give us a little hope!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats!! :dance::dance::dance:

Lots of congrats to you!!!! Hey, on your timeline it lists dates in April and May for your NOA 1 issue----which one is the right NOA1 date? If the May 23 is right, then CSC is truckin'!!!! :dance:

I'm not sure anymore. The last time I called USCIS, I was informed that my NOA-1 date was 04/27. However, on their website it says CSC received my file on 05/23. All that matters to me now is NOA-2 or burst.

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats!! :dance::dance::dance:

Lots of congrats to you!!!! Hey, on your timeline it lists dates in April and May for your NOA 1 issue----which one is the right NOA1 date? If the May 23 is right, then CSC is truckin'!!!! :dance:

I'm not sure anymore. The last time I called USCIS, I was informed that my NOA-1 date was 04/27. However, on their website it says CSC received my file on 05/23. All that matters to me now is NOA-2 or burst.

To all May filers who have received their NOA2's in the last couple of weeks. How close was your actual approval date to the adjudication date posted by VJ?

Again, congratulations :thumbs: to all the May filers getting NOA2's.

Kenny

Kenny,

You are really brave to call CSC so many times. I really admire you.

My CSC NOA1 receive date was only one day after yours, so I hope you will get your soon.

Good Luck!

2007K1

------------------------------

My timeline:

1st time we met: 05-19-2005

2nd time we met: 12-14-2006

I-129F sent: 05-01-2007

NOA1: 05-09-2007

NOA2: 09-29-2007

(145 days from NOA1 to NOA2)

NVC: 11/05/2007

(38 days from NOA2 to NVC)

NVC to Consulate: 12-10-2007

(35 days at NVC)

Consulate received NOA2: 12-12-2007

Consulate sent Package 3: 01-02-2008

Pick up Package 3: 01-28-2008

Consulate received Package 3: 01-28-2008

------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

it's friday which good stuff has to happen right? just by default it will be an excellent day.......

who's next!

May 23rd checked cashed, NOA1 issued

May 29th Updated online, and sadly the last touch

May 30th - NOW Waiting, waiting and waitning, loosing patience....

August 30th APPPPROOOVVEEED NOA2 SENT!

Sept 10th - received NOA2 , dated on the 7th of Sept.

Sept 12th- file sent to UK

Sept 24th - received packet from US embassy (packet 3 is it?)

Sept 25th- sent off packet back to us embassy

Oct 12th- got interview date by calling US embassy

Oct 16th- medical exam in London , PASSED

Nov 1st - 8:30 am INTERVIEW AT US EMBASSY!!!!!!!!!!!!![

FINAL APPROVAL- Nov 1st!!!! Passport to be mailed with visa attached in 3-5 days!! YIPPEEEEEE

Nov 20th- Dave flies over for Thanksgiving & Forever!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
it's friday which good stuff has to happen right? just by default it will be an excellent day.......

who's next!

I like your attitude :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.