TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Great news guys 😊🙏🏼 my interview is scheduled I don't know the day yet but I received a notification text in my phone this morning. Exactly one year ago I received a notification for the ead car approved. God is Faithful . My PD 08-07-2017 Phoenix Arizona.

2019-01-30-16-32-15-119.jpg

Edited by Canelita
forgot to upload a picture.

Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, ceeq said:

Seems like a few folks interview has been scheduled for 2/25. If you know a few resources of what else to bring for the interview along with Q+A's please let me know. :)

Well time to prepare I will do taxes from 2017, 2018,bring bills in both of our names, pictures, joining bank account, I won't bring health insurance cards we dont have it, thank God we are both healthy, no kids but one stepson. 12 years married. What about you? How are you preparing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Canelita said:

Well time to prepare I will do taxes from 2017, 2018,bring bills in both of our names, pictures, joining bank account, I won't bring health insurance cards we dont have it, thank God we are both healthy, no kids but one stepson. 12 years married. What about you? How are you preparing?

Been together for almost 14 years and married for almost 2 years. I will be bringing a lot of photos, health dental insurance, life insurance, bank statements, approved fiance visa application, updated affidavit of support docs just in case. He doesn't really have bills because he has no credit to start of with and he was having a hard time when applying for credit cards due to "lack of permanent residency" or what not.  Which frustrates us a lot. Marriage photos and cards. His work documents because I'm just extra haha. All originals and photocopies, Marriage certificate and such.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, yesterday I received the email notification that my interview was scheduled!! I'm beyond excited. Time to start preparing. How long did it take from the time you received the email notification to the time you got the letter with the interview date in the mail? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

1.)  Does anyone know from experience or from attorney - what happens when your A-File moves from service centre to the filed office? I called USCIS due to EAD renewal delays and I was told that EAD cannot be issued as the file is not with them. it was sent to field office instead. Does this mean next step is interview scheduling?

2.)  My GC journey started with a K1. Does anyone know if interviews for some of K1 adjusters are getting waived? Me and my then fiance(now husband) both were present for my K1 interview. So basically we already did the interview together once.

09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card received

16 July 2018 - Filed for EAD/AP Renewal

26 Feb 2019 - Interview 

7 Dec 2020 - i-751 Filed

10 hours ago, SerendipityMuse said:

Hi All, yesterday I received the email notification that my interview was scheduled!! I'm beyond excited. Time to start preparing. How long did it take from the time you received the email notification to the time you got the letter with the interview date in the mail? 

Great! I think under a week. You could also call and ask a Tier 2 officer about your date/time (that's what we did).

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Updated for everyone that is awaiting interviews for family members.

I received a notification that my mother is scheduled for the interview as of 02/05/19 and the notice is being mailed out with the date.

Finger Print Accept Date: 08/07/17

Notice Update: 02/05/19

Hopefully this helps relieve anybodys anxiety about the proccess for anyone who is living in NYC.

Best Of Luck

Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, Bajinga said:

congrats @SerendipityMuse. what is your priority date?

Priority date August 28, 2017 filed in San Francisco.

Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, Bajinga said:

congrats @SerendipityMuse. what is your priority date?

Sorry, I read this message really quickly and missed the congrats - thank you!! I hope everybody waiting will get their interviews soon. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally August filers! My husband and I had his interview yesterday at SF location. Our time was 1:20pm but we got in around 12:44pm and got called 5mins later. Took us about 15mins and got approved on the spot.case update status new card being produced this morning 6:20am.

Tips: be extra with papers. She was excited that I brought more than what was needed and she liked that we had options of what documents to provide. Anything that shows new address, proof of bonafide marriage like house lease, life insurance. She was even surprised I gave her a Report of Marriage from the Philippines. 

Becareful not to talk too much. I got overly excited and I think she may have misunderstood  some things but its okay.

odd thing: He didn’t get a temporary stamp and we were told 2 years conditional starts when we receive the greencard, not from the time we were married. Thoughts?

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, ceeq said:

Finally August filers! My husband and I had his interview yesterday at SF location. Our time was 1:20pm but we got in around 12:44pm and got called 5mins later. Took us about 15mins and got approved on the spot.case update status new card being produced this morning 6:20am.

Tips: be extra with papers. She was excited that I brought more than what was needed and she liked that we had options of what documents to provide. Anything that shows new address, proof of bonafide marriage like house lease, life insurance. She was even surprised I gave her a Report of Marriage from the Philippines. 

Becareful not to talk too much. I got overly excited and I think she may have misunderstood  some things but its okay.

odd thing: He didn’t get a temporary stamp and we were told 2 years conditional starts when we receive the greencard, not from the time we were married. Thoughts?

I don't believe we received a stamp either, we received our green card back in September and  started our conditional residency once after the green card arrived which was only a week later. I hope this helps and congratulations!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Had my interview today at Chicago office. Went well we believe. Nothing out of the ordinary and we were prepared for all questions with documents. We were called within 15 mins of our scheduled time. The lady IO was really polite and seemed nice and put us at ease. 

She asked usual questions about DoBs, place of birth, How I met my husband, where and how, travels abroad etc. 

I had all originals and copies neatly stacked, and this helped I guess. then she proceeded to ask the Yes/No questions and took some additional evidence we wanted entered into out file. We were also carrying our wedding reception photo album and am so glad she took few moments out to flip through it by the time I was taking some documents out of my file. 

Overall good experience. In and Out in 30 mins. Nothing concrete told as of now, but hoping to get something in emails or a mail soon :) 

All the best guys! Its not as nerve wrecking as we believe. Just try to catch enough sleep the night before :) 

09 Dec 2016 - i-129F Package Sent
12 Dec 2016 - Case Received
17 Dec 2016 - NOA - 1

20 Mar 2017 - NOA - 2 Approved! 

06 Apr 2017 - NVC Receive and Case Number # 

11 Apr 2017 - Case In Transit

13 Apr 2017 - Case 'Ready'

20 Apr 2017 - Medical Checkup Done

03 May 2017 - Visa Interview - Approved

17 May 2017 - Visa Ready for Pickup! 

12 June 2017 - Port of Entry

*************** AOS **************

02 Aug 2017 -  Case Received for I-485, AP and EAD

08 Aug 2017 - NOA-1

28 Aug 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

01 Nov 2017 - EAD 'New card is being produced'

03 Nov 2017 - Card is mailed

08 Nov 2017 - Combo Card received

16 July 2018 - Filed for EAD/AP Renewal

26 Feb 2019 - Interview 

7 Dec 2020 - i-751 Filed

On 1/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, Canelita said:

Great news guys 😊🙏🏼 my interview is scheduled I don't know the day yet but I received a notification text in my phone this morning. Exactly one year ago I received a notification for the ead car approved. God is Faithful . My PD 08-07-2017 Phoenix Arizona.

Hi Canelita,

Congrats!

Mine was also scheduled on February 20, but I haven't received a paper notice to see when the interview is. I also called them and they said they did not even mail one out for me yet. Have you received your notice regarding the interview?

My PD is 08-29-2017 by the way.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:03 AM, Canelita said:

Printed out the same application that we originally submitted, documented changes in work/places live and preparing additional evidence of cohabitation and financial co-mingling as they put it.  

Edited by Phoenix Filer

Timeline
5 hours ago, Phoenix Filer said:

Hi Canelita,

Congrats!

Mine was also scheduled on February 20, but I haven't received a paper notice to see when the interview is. I also called them and they said they did not even mail one out for me yet. Have you received your notice regarding the interview?

My PD is 08-29-2017 by the way.

Printed out the same application that we originally submitted, documented changes in work/places live and preparing additional evidence of cohabitation and financial co-mingling as they put it.  

I am glad for you too I think my notice came in the mail in the day 7th after receiving the text notification. My interview is March 20th I'm preparing I got my medical exam done envelop ready to take it, my doctor had it in 4 days, now  we will do our taxes .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.