julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

@John & Rose can you help! We are still stuck at completing the DS160. Bit at which point do I do the financial affidavit. 

You can do that anytime.  It is pretty basic.  You will want the most recent paystubs so get that just before the interview.

What are you stuck with on the DS-160?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

what doesn't make sense at this point is, it's approved. all they need to do is assign a number, scan or duplicate and forward. it's not like there is much more to do than that. that's a 5 min job, and not a 13 day waiting time - at least in my opinion it isn't.

In March 2017 there were 51,000 immigrant visas issued. Also, for that same month there were 906,000 non-immigrant visas issued. Now there are other categories that I have not included with adds to the total. So near a MILLION applications are processed each month. I think you can do the math for the entire year and see the load that USCIS and NVC and the Embassy in your country have to adjudicate.

Now in those there are Thieves, Gypsy's and others like you and me with squeaking clean backgrounds. Each has to be vetted.  America has very liberal immigration Laws and that is what has gotten us into the mess we are in now. (EVERYONE want to come to America). Why should we who travel this journey trying to do the right thing all the time waiting and waiting and spending money. Others walk across the boarder and pay nothing, Zip! Zero! Nada!

You may have seen the caravan of people coming from South America and Mexico headed to the USA. They feel all they have to do is get across our boarders and they are home free.  In the past that was true. But we can't take every Tom, ####### and Harry. They come over and they can go to the ER and the ER has to treat them for FREE. Who pays for that. American's who have health insurance. Our premiums go up and our hospital costs go up only to cover the have nots. They apply at the county social services and they get rations to buy food and to pay for their housing. Just given to them.  Some become homeless and live off the "land" so to say. If you watch what happens when they leave an area to move on their trek they leave behind tons of trash. Not neatly put in a pile or in a dumpster or what have you, just leave it laying on the ground. Those are the kind of people that do not add any value to the US. Sure there is a few that can contribute but the majority will not or do not assimilate into our country. My way of life as an American is changing and I don't like where it is going.  I am not alone many of us feel the same.

Now flip that coin and on the other side we have very smart Doctors, Scientists, Engineers, Mathematicians just to name a few who migrate to the US each year. They are the engine that runs this country and they are the ones who improve America and keep it one of the Riches Country's in the world through their talents.

OK. I'm taking a deep breath now and will end this rant. Just have some more patience. Count your lucky stars once you are approved as you have just snarled the golden ring.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

4 hours ago, enfinity83 said:

I still haven't gotten any packet 3.  My fiancee called the embassy and they said it's not really that necessary for anything (hospital visit, interview, etc).  They said it's just for informational purposes.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr/kr-iv-typek1k2  (Web view)

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country  (Web view)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/90-asia  (Web view)

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

I’m a bit confused  😐 

how do I see where to schedule the interview? Where do I go? Or am I going to be given an appointment from the embassy as the initial email said.

Start at your Embassy for instructions. https://hu.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/

2 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

I see! No, I have not received the packet 3, but I am the petitioner so maybe Atti will receive it. So it’s not a physical mail sent to his home?

Each Embassy is different. Some use the mail others use email. https://hu.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/

57 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

Yeah, I have been searching and there are not many Hungarians on here. There are like three that have gone through the process,  I have contacted them and no answer still. There is a young couple and they are actually relying on us for answers. I actually found a number for the US Embassy in hungary with a local number. Maybe I will call them today. Oops tomorrow :) it’s too late today!

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Hungary Try there.

54 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

@John & Rose can you help! We are still stuck at completing the DS160. Bit at which point do I do the financial affidavit. 

Here is a good idea how to go about completing the DS160 https://www.path2usa.com/us-visa-application-form-ds-160  Here is a website that goes into detail on how to complete the DS-160 https://www.***removed***/visas/ds-160-usa-visa-form-guide.html

FAQ https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

In March 2017 there were 51,000 immigrant visas issued. Also, for that same month there were 906,000 non-immigrant visas issued. Now there are other categories that I have not included with adds to the total. So near a MILLION applications are processed each month. I think you can do the math for the entire year and see the load that USCIS and NVC and the Embassy in your country have to adjudicate.

Now in those there are Thieves, Gypsy's and others like you and me with squeaking clean backgrounds. Each has to be vetted.  America has very liberal immigration Laws and that is what has gotten us into the mess we are in now. (EVERYONE want to come to America). Why should we who travel this journey trying to do the right thing all the time waiting and waiting and spending money. Others walk across the boarder and pay nothing, Zip! Zero! Nada!

You may have seen the caravan of people coming from South America and Mexico headed to the USA. They feel all they have to do is get across our boarders and they are home free.  In the past that was true. But we can't take every Tom, ####### and Harry. They come over and they can go to the ER and the ER has to treat them for FREE. Who pays for that. American's who have health insurance. Our premiums go up and our hospital costs go up only to cover the have nots. They apply at the county social services and they get rations to buy food and to pay for their housing. Just given to them.  Some become homeless and live off the "land" so to say. If you watch what happens when they leave an area to move on their trek they leave behind tons of trash. Not neatly put in a pile or in a dumpster or what have you, just leave it laying on the ground. Those are the kind of people that do not add any value to the US. Sure there is a few that can contribute but the majority will not or do not assimilate into our country. My way of life as an American is changing and I don't like where it is going.  I am not alone many of us feel the same.

Now flip that coin and on the other side we have very smart Doctors, Scientists, Engineers, Mathematicians just to name a few who migrate to the US each year. They are the engine that runs this country and they are the ones who improve America and keep it one of the Riches Country's in the world through their talents.

OK. I'm taking a deep breath now and will end this rant. Just have some more patience. Count your lucky stars once you are approved as you have just snarled the golden ring.

and u know what? i absolutely, 100% agree with you that it's a hell of a work with so many cases!!!!!

i absolutely agree, i don't doubt one thing you just put down in your response.

still - the paying customers aka us, all of us, in this situation, especially increasing the fee last year and not for $20 more, but up to over $500 for an approval to basically ask "is it ok to marry this woman?", should not just cover the illegal immigrant part that somebody has to pay for, but should either add up some more employees to help on the many thousand cases that add up for legal immigrants/non immigrants.

i don't know your background and in which countries you have lived before, but where i'm from, this would be absolutely not acceptable and

not happening at all.

the more volume it would have with cases in general, the more employees there will be and the paying people will not be the one suffering.

my country is small, a itzy tiny part compared to the US of course, but still - the amount of immigrants (illegal or legal) are high as well, and

maybe as we are "spoiled" with not being treated with a 7 months wait without any information. maybe we are too spoiled with many other things,

but still. if this country would be more international that my fiance could get a job easily, he would have moved here.

unfortunately, there are not enough opportunities so we don't have a better option for right now than me immigrating there. 

let me tell you the most irritating story that i experienced with that entire illegal and legal immigrant part! when i was a student

and lived in LA with a host family, fully americans, they constantly spoke bad about illegal immigrants. day and night. but how funny

and sad at the same time is it that exactly these people had an illegal immigrant working in their backyard every week? and another 

illegal immigrant cleaning their house bi-weekly? so it's ok to support that, but then they didn't want to support this? huh?!

i don't need to mention that our entire street was full of families that thought this way, but supported that part of having someone

working in their homes.

and yes, they came as illegal immigrants and should have a better option to at least register properly and pay their fees or whatever.

but that's not in my or your hand, that's an entire level above, that got out of control sooo many years ago, that whoever wants and needs

to "clean" that mess up, needs to get some ideas of similar situations in other countries and check how they handle that, with 

a structure and process that makes sense. 

that's a whole other story. yet, all of us on here, go the "right" way, as we choose love, so we do what we have to do in order to be together. 

anyways, as you say patience is key and there is nothing else for me to do at this point. 

and thanks for your time to share your thoughts with me and the vj'ers.

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

and u know what? i absolutely, 100% agree with you that it's a hell of a work with so many cases!!!!!

i absolutely agree, i don't doubt one thing you just put down in your response.

still - the paying customers aka us, all of us, in this situation, especially increasing the fee last year and not for $20 more, but up to over $500 for an approval to basically ask "is it ok to marry this woman?", should not just cover the illegal immigrant part that somebody has to pay for, but should either add up some more employees to help on the many thousand cases that add up for legal immigrants/non immigrants.

i don't know your background and in which countries you have lived before, but where i'm from, this would be absolutely not acceptable and

not happening at all.

Thanks for your response. It doesn't surprise me that their are some who complain about a particular issue, immigration for this example and they turn right around and hire someone who is illegal. It's like those who want to end the right to own guns. In particular the Celebrities they want us to turn our guns in but hey they travel around with security and each has their gun. Why aren't they not having their security people turning their guns in.

Oh well. You and I could have a very informative discussion over an adult beverage. :jest: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks for your response. It doesn't surprise me that their are some who complain about a particular issue, immigration for this example and they turn right around and hire someone who is illegal. It's like those who want to end the right to own guns. In particular the Celebrities they want us to turn our guns in but hey they travel around with security and each has their gun. Why aren't they not having their security people turning their guns in.

Oh well. You and I could have a very informative discussion over an adult beverage. :jest: 

yep fully agree - chin chin to that imaginary conversation for now :D 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, h&y said:

So, I received my case number today, along with my invoice ID. It's still "At NVC" but the guy told me I can't do anything with it yet. I thought we could at least fill out the DS 160 now? Was he just giving a standard answer?

Hi, you got your case number the next day your case was received? Just checking, because ours was received today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

Hi, you got your case number the next day your case was received? Just checking, because ours was received today. 

Some receive the case number the same day, the next day or a couple of days or weeks later. That is why NVC says  "up to 8 weeks" for you to get a case number once they receive your file. My case was received at NVC on 3/20/18 and 13 days later I received my case number.  Just be patient :) 

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Timeline
19 hours ago, JxJ said:

Ours was also electronic, option #5. The good news is that we received our case number today! And, it went "In Transit" pretty much immediately. 

Good luck on your next step!

Hi, how long it took between received and case number? 

Do you mind telling me me dates available for interview when you get to that point? I really would like to know if there is still spots for may... :pop:

Timeline
27 minutes ago, h&y said:

I called around 730 AM and was told it was received but nothing could be verified as they literally just got it. I guess they hadn't put info into the system yet. By 12:30 I called again and had a case number!

Wow!! That's amazing!! I'll call tomorrow :whistle: patiently waiting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, h&y said:

I just wish I knew what they do now! It just says at NVC. I'm just not in a rush. I still have to send my fiancé another package. I was "testing" the first one that I sent him. lol so hopefully by next week it'll be in transit/ready. 

Im in the same boat i have to send my packet to my fiance mailing it off tomorrow we did the ds160 and printed the confirmation page  hopefully by the time it reaches him its ready fingers crossed

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, h&y said:

Kind of a crazy question, I think. But, has anyone thought of a plan B god for bid interviews don't go as planned? I know we all plan for our significant other to be with us here in the USA or for you to be with your significant other but I was looking at approvals / denials and boy are denials up. Kind of makes me panic a bit especially with the fact that Morocco is pretty tough... 

I have a tough embassy too first our plan b was for me to move there while we apply again but now i have a good paying job so im not so sure. 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, h&y said:

Let's just pray we are good to go! 

I was a bit frustrated the other day because someone told me they were recently denied the K1 and they had no red flags. Come to find out , her and the fiancé had quite a few red flags so I don't like people telling me "half-a$$" stories to make me nervous.. I feel better now knowing what actually happened.

thats why I keep stressing not to read so deep into things. Praying for you! There's a few of you guys I wanna stay in touch with til the end ;) 

Exactly why i Dont read my countries forums but for tips and the next step, 😂 Im already a nervous wreck ill fall apart if i see all the people who are denied you all should be fine. I think people who were previously married cases are examined much further idk i make him practice embassy questions every night 😂😂 im a virgo i need perfection. I wish his country had a FedEx but ive sent him a package which took about 2 weeks so we will see. AOS will be less stressful because they will be with us . I'll be praying for you guys too we all need all the positivity we can get 😩🙏🏿

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.