LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We just moved from our original filing local office (Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN) to one that seems to be much quicker (Buffalo, NY).  We got the 'ready to interview' notice in late August 2018, but - interestingly - our case just updated on the USCIS site to show: "As of February 12th, your case is ready for interview..."  

Not sure why it's updated to give us the same status on a different date, but perhaps a good sign?  Nearly to our case's first birthday!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just received our interview notice yesterday for April 2nd :) Buffalo is much faster than Minneapolis!  

i485 filed on March 31st -2018 (EB1A, PD: Sep-2017); I have a traffic ticket ($700) and furnished all the necessary information and documentation (actual ticket, court notices, clearance and public notary signed addendum. I received EAD-AP but no further improvement in my case. USCIS Case Status shows : We finished review of your fingerprints and currently working on your Form i485.

My question:

1. How long does it take to get the interview process ( many of my colleagues have already finished their interviews even-though their priority date is much later than mine )

2. Is there any impact of traffic ticket on the i485 adjustment process.

Thanks in advance

Y

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, mv2011 said:

have my interview in 2 weeks, any tips? any questions you remember 

We are not there yet so we can’t offer any tips.  But good luck!

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kannan said:

interview on March 7th was super smooth. The interview took like 10 minutes. we got approved and got the card in mail after a week.

Congratulations what questions were you asked by the way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hello729 said:

Congratulations what questions were you asked by the way?

nothing new. same old questions that's already provided on the form. only extra question was if we had any ceremony after marriage at the court house. she took the photos and kept it on the file and told us that might help to avoid another interview in 2 years. since my wife came via K1, they already had all the docs. so, other than the USCIS related docs, she didnt ask us for more docs. YMMV

All the best!

Timeline
3 hours ago, kannan said:

nothing new. same old questions that's already provided on the form. only extra question was if we had any ceremony after marriage at the court house. she took the photos and kept it on the file and told us that might help to avoid another interview in 2 years. since my wife came via K1, they already had all the docs. so, other than the USCIS related docs, she didnt ask us for more docs. YMMV

All the best!

🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys,

reaching out my Husband sent the AOS to Chicago on March 13th and the tacking said they delivered it to the PO BOX on March 16th.

We have not heard anything it is almost 3 weeks from when we sent everything in. they have not cashed the check yet, and they haven't sent anything back.

Is this normal? who would we contact to find out if this was received?

Thank you for your help!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Collin & Kaue said:

Hey Guys,

reaching out my Husband sent the AOS to Chicago on March 13th and the tacking said they delivered it to the PO BOX on March 16th.

We have not heard anything it is almost 3 weeks from when we sent everything in. they have not cashed the check yet, and they haven't sent anything back.

Is this normal? who would we contact to find out if this was received?

Thank you for your help!

Yes, this is normal.  For whatever reason, they take their time processing the 485 packet.

Also, this is the 2018 March filers forum, you might find more use in the 2019 March filers forum :) 

Timeline

Had our interview today in Buffalo, NY.  Scheduled for 7:45am but we weren't seen until 8:30am or so (typical!).  Standard stuff, as everyone else has reported: swearing in, reviewing 485 application, asking a few questions about our relationship and taking some evidence documents for the file (she wanted one of our bank statements, one of our electric bills, a copy of our car's title, our leases, and our photos).  Advised that card would come 10-14 days after approval, and to call if it took more than 30.  Out in about 10 minutes, I think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.