dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I got approved 1-17-18 took USCIS till 2-1-18 to send to NVC they got my papers on 2-5-18 and a bulk load, scanned it as received 2-8-18 after that it took 3-5 weeks to get my case number, I am a regular case not a pivot case

My case was approved 26th dec 2017. Nvc received 10th jan 2018. Still no case #. 

Its a pivot case. :( 

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I got approved 1-17-18 took USCIS till 2-1-18 to send to NVC they got my papers on 2-5-18 and a bulk load, scanned it as received 2-8-18 after that it took 3-5 weeks to get my case number, I am a regular case not a pivot case

Thank you for detailed information. I believe US Embassy in Kiev ( the one I will be attending) falls under NVC pilot program, so mine wouldn’t be a standard case. And I heard standard cases receive their case numbers much faster

Timeline

i used asknvc to submit email to ask about my case #. i received below email today.

"we recently received ur visa petition. we will send nvc processing instructions within 4-5 weeks. please resubmit ur inquiry if u have not received any info after 5 weeks."

so basically no case # so wait 4-5 weeks and contact back..??.lol.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, H&H. said:

i used asknvc to submit email to ask about my case #. i received below email today.

"we recently received ur visa petition. we will send nvc processing instructions within 4-5 weeks. please resubmit ur inquiry if u have not received any info after 5 weeks."

so basically no case # so wait 4-5 weeks and contact back..??.lol.

Another 4-5 weeks? :o 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, ABK said:

Another 4-5 weeks? :o 

yeah sometimes i feel like nobody has any clue how long it might take lol 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ABK said:

This is bad :( 

i think they just said 4-5 weeks more because that how long they have but shouldnt take that long. like when for review cases they say upto 11 weeks but are done in 3. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

On 3/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Keith & Arileidi said:

11/19  NOA2

1/25  NVC case number

2/16  NVC scan #2

3/9    CC

A few notes.
- I did not translate any of my Spanish documents.
-My police certificate was obtained in July of 2017, so it expires in less than 6 months.

Congratulations. So the police certificate is valid for a year?

45 minutes ago, Luna17 said:

Congratulations. So the police certificate is valid for a year?

Thank you and yes.. 

The police certificate is definitely good for one year. I will update the community if I receive any type of checklist. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

6 minutes ago, Rawanruru said:

Still don't have SD 😞 Mailed my doc on the 7th of march 

I called 2 days after I KNEW that they received mine (because of tracking number). They received my documents on the 7th. I called on the 9th and they said it would be 11 weeks from the 9th. I asked if I would get a receipt or email saying they received them (I assume this is the SD), but they said they no longer send out emails. Hope this helps! Just give them a call. 

36 minutes ago, rtsandlin said:

I called 2 days after I KNEW that they received mine (because of tracking number). They received my documents on the 7th. I called on the 9th and they said it would be 11 weeks from the 9th. I asked if I would get a receipt or email saying they received them (I assume this is the SD), but they said they no longer send out emails. Hope this helps! Just give them a call. 

Tracking number? What do u mean 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.