user101

Can someone please help me green card

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got here on k1 visa and I have a 2 years green card that have for almost 1 year now today my wife decided to leave me for no reason she is us citizens my heart is broken I never felt worst . My question does this me I can’t get a 10 years green? card do I need her to get it my 10 years ? 

Can someone help me please I never saw this coming please help me . Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ahmed_and_rayann said:

I got here on k1 visa and I have a 2 years green card that have for almost 1 year now today my wife decided to leave me for no reason she is us citizens my heart is broken I never felt worst . My question does this me I can’t get a 10 years green? card do I need her to get it my 10 years ? 

Can someone help me please I never saw this coming please help me . Thanks 

you can still file for ROC with a divorce waiver, as long as you can prove you entered into the marriage in good faith.

United States Government knows that marriages sometimes fail.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

you can still file for ROC with a divorce waiver, as long as you can prove you entered into the marriage in good faith.

United States Government knows that marriages sometimes fail.

How can I prove it our marriage was just fine she did not even give me a clue on what’s is going on or why she want leave me should I file for a 10 years green card or do I have to for file for this ROC and if so when ? I really appreciate the help I m desperate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Presumably when you filed the K1 you had to show them that you had a bonafide relationship - they believed that you did and approved your petition right? So you can use the same information to prove that you entered the marriage in good faith. If you have "joint" anything - joint lease, joint bank account, filed taxes as joint, anything like that - use that too. You can get affidavits from friends and family who know about you. 

I know this is hard, maybe she just needs time right now. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ahmed_and_rayann said:

How can I prove it our marriage was just fine she did not even give me a clue on what’s is going on or why she want leave me should I file for a 10 years green card or do I have to for file for this ROC and if so when ? I really appreciate the help I m desperate.

if in the event you end up filing for divorce gather the papers that you have, pictures, bank accounts, statements from friends, 401K documents, lease or mortgage in both names and file along with the divorce degree.

If in the event you are not all the way through with the divorce you can still file I-751 with divorce waiver and provide the final divorce decree when it is completed.

I know that what your going through is a tough situation, you can try and talk about it find out the root cause attempt to fix it, or if she will not talk to you file what you need to on our own. Just do not sit by and not collect what evidence you can get to now.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if in the event you end up filing for divorce gather the papers that you have, pictures, bank accounts, statements from friends, 401K documents, lease or mortgage in both names and file along with the divorce degree.

If in the event you are not all the way through with the divorce you can still file I-751 with divorce waiver and provide the final divorce decree when it is completed.

I know that what your going through is a tough situation, you can try and talk about it find out the root cause attempt to fix it, or if she will not talk to you file what you need to on our own. Just do not sit by and not collect what evidence you can get to now.

Ok thank you some much for helping I m trying to put my life together she was and still my life idk what to do without her 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ahmed_and_rayann said:

Ok thank you some much for helping I m trying to put my life together she was and still my life idk what to do without her 

if you need someone to talk to outside of asking for assistance on VJ your welcome to send me a message.

Agreed - a divorce waiver would be the way to go if the marriage fails.

Using the same information won't do much. They will want to see evidence since obtaining permanent residency. Affidavits can be used, but honestly they carry little to no wait in most cases. The biggest pieces of evidence are showing that you lived together, shared your lives together, planned for the future together, commingled your finances (including things like joint accounts, shared insurance, beneficiary on insurance & retirement plans, wills, etc.), etc. Filing taxes as married should be done, but MFJ versus MFS doesn't matter (that's a tax liability decision, not a marriage one).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Agreed - a divorce waiver would be the way to go if the marriage fails.

Using the same information won't do much. They will want to see evidence since obtaining permanent residency. Affidavits can be used, but honestly they carry little to no wait in most cases. The biggest pieces of evidence are showing that you lived together, shared your lives together, planned for the future together, commingled your finances (including things like joint accounts, shared insurance, beneficiary on insurance & retirement plans, wills, etc.), etc. Filing taxes as married should be done, but MFJ versus MFS doesn't matter (that's a tax liability decision, not a marriage one).

Should I file that when it’s time for me to get 10 years green card or should I do it now ?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, ahmed_and_rayann said:

Should I file that when it’s time for me to get 10 years green card or should I do it now ?

you can file your ROC when either comes first, your divorced and it comes before the time to file for the ROC or if the 90 days prior to the expiration of your conditional green card comes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.