25 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I want to ask something really important, please share your experiences and opinions. My husband is LPR (eligible for citizenship) my cas got filed in June'17. Its already more than 6 months now! And we're thinking to apply for citizenship. But it'll take him 1,2 months. I need to know after getting citizenship do we really need to upgrade our case? Cuz according to timelines it says 8-12 months takes for naturalization after that we'll upgrade our case it'll take around 2-3 months and they'll process our case from the start right? So its gonna be more than 2 years! I need to get my visa asap. I'm already fed up and frustrated by this waiting and all. Should we stay on PR status? Or what. I just want to be with my husband :(

Timeline

How long does it take after you upgrade your case from f2a to ir1? Will they process your case from the start? Or will they schedule your interview right after receiving your naturalization certificate? 

My pd: june'30'17 

F2a, CSC

And we will apply for citizenship if it'll make any difference! Your answers will be appreciated

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Sal11 said:

Hey everyone, I want to ask something really important, please share your experiences and opinions. My husband is LPR (eligible for citizenship) my cas got filed in June'17. Its already more than 6 months now! And we're thinking to apply for citizenship. But it'll take him 1,2 months. I need to know after getting citizenship do we really need to upgrade our case? Cuz according to timelines it says 8-12 months takes for naturalization after that we'll upgrade our case it'll take around 2-3 months and they'll process our case from the start right? So its gonna be more than 2 years! I need to get my visa asap. I'm already fed up and frustrated by this waiting and all. Should we stay on PR status? Or what. I just want to be with my husband :(

I have the same problem, unfortunately there is nothing you or me can I do but wait. I recommend your husband to apply for USC. I guarantee with you it's gonna give a push to your case. For me, I filed F2A first, then I upgrade it after I became a USC. It's at least 6 months faster than processing with regular F2A.

Normally, most people gonna go even faster than me. I was stuck with background check before naturalization interview for more than a year. Only 10% people have extensive check like me so no worries.

Just process your case under F2A category than upgrade it later. If the naturalization process goes smoothly within a popular time frame (4-7 months), there is no differences between your F2A and CR1.

Timeline

I just don't know what should we do next. I'm telling him to get it. But after getting it what really happens? After moving the case to CR-1, how long does it take for an interview? I'm so worried! Are you done with your case? 

6 minutes ago, cybermax said:

I have the same problem, unfortunately there is nothing you or me can I do but wait. I recommend your husband to apply for USC. I guarantee with you it's gonna give a push to your case. For me, I filed F2A first, then I upgrade it after I became a USC. It's at least 6 months faster than processing with regular F2A.

Normally, most people gonna go even faster than me. I was stuck with background check before naturalization interview for more than a year. Only 10% people have extensive check like me so no worries.

Just process your case under F2A category than upgrade it later. If the naturalization process goes smoothly within a popular time frame (4-7 months), there is no differences between your F2A and CR1.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, cybermax said:

And please tell me how Long it took for your spouse to complete the case; after upgrading! 

Timeline

If it only speedup your case 6 months, weve applied back in june'17. And he'll apply for citizenship within a month or so. :( will this exceed the date of category which I'm really under (f2a) your reply helped alot

30 minutes ago, cybermax said:

Filed: Timeline

I know your feelings. But please, calm down, it takes time.

Everyone has to wait and you must wait for people have been inline before you.

There is NOTHING you can do to SPEED UP your case except:

- Upgrade visa category from F2A to CR1. So your husband must apply N-400 to become a USC as soon as he's qualified.

- Naturalization and upgrading never slow you down. No worries. It boost the processing time twice faster than F2A.

I'm the one who passed this process and I know how it works. If you don't believe me, just go with F2A and see that eventually your whole process take you at approximately 2 years 4 months to get to the interview (Last step).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple threads removed and a few others merged. Do not make more then one thread for all related questions. You do not need to post in every forum to get replies. It is also better for members to see all your related questions in one thread rather then giving you half answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...

hello, am in the same position as you I have applied to my visa (its over a year now) and now mu husband is in naturalization now we are dealing with an attorney and she said that he will get his citizenship within 5 to 6 months and after that I will get my visa in 3 to 4 months. i will be at the category IR-1 since  at that time we will be 2.5 years married.

hope that could help you...

• 10 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 8:57 PM, Rasha167 said:

hello, am in the same position as you I have applied to my visa (its over a year now) and now mu husband is in naturalization now we are dealing with an attorney and she said that he will get his citizenship within 5 to 6 months and after that I will get my visa in 3 to 4 months. i will be at the category IR-1 since  at that time we will be 2.5 years married.

hope that could help you...

What's the status of your visa now?

9 minutes ago, Ammy said:

Can you let me know your timeline after sending the upgrade request to CSC? Really appeciate your quick response! 

You’re welcome 😊 

i send upgrading notice to CSC on september 27, 2018.

After 2 months, November 26, 2018 we got approval letter from USCIS that i-130 was approved and sent to NVC and mentioning that my case is now a wife of US citizen (IR-1 category since been married for more than 2 years). 

January 5, 2019 NVC recieved.

February 21,2019 case number created and send via email. 

Hope that could help you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.