Mano

Filled 2017 Tax Returns as Single While IR1 Visa in Process

96 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, Mano said:

Sorry dear i hv filed my 2017 last week. My stand alone Income through that job without any assets or any other income is 25k that is supported by my pay stubs and W2 forms and tax return as well. So m going to send it at embassy.

I just wanna ask that is it sufficient or i hv to send something else while i hv Filed only 2016 and 2017 tax returns.

sorry didn't mean to confuse you, when I called NVC to find out what year I needed to give them for tax return, I was told they can't accept the 2017 as the income level threshold, and are only asking for 2016, so NVC will only look at the income that was provided on the 2016 tax return, and the 2017 tax return W2 information and pay stubs can be taken to the interview.

now I am only giving you the information that the NVC customer service gave me, I would assume with all you have provided with current pay being above the threshold you should be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

sorry didn't mean to confuse you, when I called NVC to find out what year I needed to give them for tax return, I was told they can't accept the 2017 as the income level threshold, and are only asking for 2016, so NVC will only look at the income that was provided on the 2016 tax return, and the 2017 tax return W2 information and pay stubs can be taken to the interview.

now I am only giving you the information that the NVC customer service gave me, I would assume with all you have provided with current pay being above the threshold you should be fine.

As I Know NVC and US embassy accepts last year tax returns till before 15th april. as I said last year my income was low so that at interview they requires joint sponsor from us so that we gonna use our this year tax returns and income because its our most recent year income so that i dont think there will be any issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mano said:

As I Know NVC and US embassy accepts last year tax returns till before 15th april. as I said last year my income was low so that at interview they requires joint sponsor from us so that we gonna use our this year tax returns and income because its our most recent year income so that i dont think there will be any issue.

I will pray that they will accept this and not require you to still have a joint sponsor it sounds like you will be just fine, but you never know what mood they might be in

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I will pray that they will accept this and not require you to still have a joint sponsor it sounds like you will be just fine, but you never know what mood they might be in

Thanks fr help hope this work because i hv no other way out so just wanted to do this as correctly as possible.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, ameribrazil said:

Not necessary. IRS has provided us CAA ( Certified Acceptance Agent) new guidance on how to conduct the interviews (reference: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/new-itin-acceptance-agent-program-changes). The applicant does not need to be present in our office to authenticate, as per IRS, "...As a reminder, AAs and CAAs must conduct an in person interview with each applicant (primary, secondary and dependent) in order to complete the application. Video conferencing (i.e. SKYPE) can be used if the CAA has the original identification documents or certified copies from the agency that issued them in their possession during the interview..."

Ameribrazil is exactly right here. 

It took me a lot of digging to find this information so that we could get my wife an ITIN to file as MFJ.  Had to courier her original documents here as getting certified copies from the agency issuing them was next to impossible in our case and then courier them back.  Finding a CAA familiar with the procedure to verify her identity also proved to be difficult.  In the end, it took about 4 weeks to get the ITIN issued.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SAJourney said:

Ameribrazil is exactly right here. 

It took me a lot of digging to find this information so that we could get my wife an ITIN to file as MFJ.  Had to courier her original documents here as getting certified copies from the agency issuing them was next to impossible in our case and then courier them back.  Finding a CAA familiar with the procedure to verify her identity also proved to be difficult.  In the end, it took about 4 weeks to get the ITIN issued.

i just amended my tax return as Married File Separate from single to avoid that ITIN number. 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.