1,601 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, tzbazin1 said:

We were late February filers and we just received our interview notice today! Received combo card last week after requesting to expedite and then interview notice came today. Praise God! Our status has not updated on either of the websites, no app updates, emails or texts, and "user-defined" error is still showing up. For those of you feeling discouraged because of a RFE, we received one at the end of March as well, so it didn't seem to slow our process down too much. I hope many of you will begin receiving notices soon as well! 

Hello May I ask what did they ask for when you requested the expedite just curious . :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
15 hours ago, tzbazin1 said:

We were late February filers and we just received our interview notice today! Received combo card last week after requesting to expedite and then interview notice came today. Praise God! Our status has not updated on either of the websites, no app updates, emails or texts, and "user-defined" error is still showing up. For those of you feeling discouraged because of a RFE, we received one at the end of March as well, so it didn't seem to slow our process down too much. I hope many of you will begin receiving notices soon as well! 

Congrats! What’s your PD and field office? Can you help out a little bit with the expedite process?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline
2 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

Congrats! What’s your PD and field office? Can you help out a little bit with the expedite process?

Agree!

UTmSm4.png

Married: July 18th, 2017

AOS Sent: January 31st, 2018

AOS Received: February 1st, 2018

NOA's Received: February 21st, 2018

I-765 Resent: March 3rd, 2018  (They asked to refile because I used an old form)

I-765 Delivered: March 8th, 2018

Biometrics Complete: March 15th, 2018

NOA (I-765) Received: March 27th, 2018

Biometrics Complete (I-765): April 11th, 2018

Timeline

Guys i called yesterday (15th) and spoke to an officer about expediting my case and she gave me a reference number and said they'd get back to me within 5 days. This is what my case tracker says. I'm confused - which comes first? Did they decide already? I also didn't get any emails or anything. 

ScreenShot2018-05-16at1.10.44PM.jpg

UTmSm4.png

I-765 Resent: March 3rd, 2018  (They asked to refile because I used an old form)

Timeline
19 minutes ago, bostonfilerca said:

Guys i called yesterday (15th) and spoke to an officer about expediting my case and she gave me a reference number and said they'd get back to me within 5 days. This is what my case tracker says. I'm confused - which comes first? Did they decide already? I also didn't get any emails or anything. 

ScreenShot2018-05-16at1.10.44PM.jpg

It means your expedition process has been completed and you’ll either receive a RFE if necessary or an approval. By the way, how did you do? Please explain a little bit your own story coz I also wanna expedite mine

Edited by simonvikih79

Timeline
2 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

It means your expedition process has been completed and you’ll either receive a RFE if necessary or an approval. By the way, how did you do? Please explain a little bit your own story coz I also wanna expedite mine

Oh I think it'll be an RFE then. The reason i'm confused is because i didn't do much actually. I called and said i wanted to try expediting my EAD, they asked under what category i said financial loss and they said what can i prove for financial loss and that she would write down notes on my case i said maxed out credit cards, car loan payments and student loans as well as my husband only having a part time job. Then she gave me that ref number and said they'd get back to me within 5 days!

UTmSm4.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, bostonfilerca said:

Oh I think it'll be an RFE then. The reason i'm confused is because i didn't do much actually. I called and said i wanted to try expediting my EAD, they asked under what category i said financial loss and they said what can i prove for financial loss and that she would write down notes on my case i said maxed out credit cards, car loan payments and student loans as well as my husband only having a part time job. Then she gave me that ref number and said they'd get back to me within 5 days!

Okay, you’ll definitely have to get the proof of financial lost documents ready then.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Okay, you’ll definitely have to get the proof of financial lost documents ready then.

Yes i'll keep you all updated. if anyone has advice or tips let me know!

UTmSm4.png

21 hours ago, tzbazin1 said:

Congrats. Could you share your experience on the expedite request? What reason did you tell them? Are you employment based or family based?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, GioRod said:

Hello May I ask what did they ask for when you requested the expedite just curious . :)

We used the "non profit status of requesting organization for furtherance of United States" as my husband needed to lead some mission trips this summer for a US based organization. They simply asked for proof that the organization did make a request.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

5 hours ago, cpthk said:

Congrats. Could you share your experience on the expedite request? What reason did you tell them? Are you employment based or family based?

PD February 22. New Orleans field office. We put in a request to expedite based on "non profit status of requesting organization". We put in the request and the next day we received an email telling us to fax evidence. We faxed a cover letter explaining that my husband had been selected to lead several mission trips this summer by a US based non profit organization. We also got a representative of the organization to write an accompanying letter on company letterhead. We faxed both of those in. The following week we received an email stating an officer was reviewing our case we should hear back shortly. We made an info pass appointment for that Friday and she informed us that our review was still in progress. She was also able to let us know that our i-485 was in line to be sent to field office so that was helpful considering we had the user-defined error for weeks.  About one week after the info pass appointment we received notification that our application had been approved and then a few days after that we had combo card in hand. We are family based. Hope I answered all questions!

Hey guys have been quiet since March 22nd but today I receive this email and text so far this is what’s current. Day 86 no update on EAD. Good luck to everyone PD is February 20th 2018

85B4019F-B86C-4B82-B08A-2CD61C5BB682.jpeg

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good news to report. We had our interview on Monday and received our notifications the same day that our case was approved and cards were being produced. 

The interview itself was about 45 minutes, and our officer was very friendly, yet thorough. Questions included: how/when we met, how many visits the applicant made to the US previously, and other questions pertaining to the timeline of our relationship. 

Given that our situation was fairly straightforward--no prior marriages, no children, both of us being the same age, and very clear documentation proving our relationship--I think the officer was fairly convinced from the beginning. The only abnormality in our case was the fact that we haven't had a traditional wedding yet. We eloped at a courthouse in order to get the process started as quickly as possible. We were honest about our plans to celebrate our marriage later on when our careers are at a more stable point.

If I have one suggestion, it is to keep your file organized and as clear as possible. Come to the interview with as many timestamped photos showing family visits and other big events as possible. If you're adjusting from a student visa, emphasize the passion behind your field of study. It helps credentialize your motives behind the initial move.

I will be share the methodology behind our application in a separate post in one of the general forums, as I really think it will help folks that are new to the process make sense of all of the moving parts. 

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Here's our timeline from the beginning:

Started preparing application packet 01/14/2018
Submitted applications via FedEx (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-131) 02/06/2018
Applications received by USCIS 02/07/2018
Electronic NOA's received for I-130, I-485, and I-131 02/17/2018
Biometrics Appointment notice received for 03/06/2018 02/17/2018
Biometrics Completed (walk-in) 03/05/2018
Update to I-485 Application status on website: RFIE sent out 03/05/2018
Received RFIE for Birth Certificate 03/13/2018
Sent RFIE with new Birth Certificate 03/19/2018
USCIS received RFIE response 03/22/2018
USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFIE response on website (status update) 03/23/2018
USCIS acknowledged correction of name on website (status update) 03/24/2018
Courtesy Letter for I-693 Received 04/02/2018
Received email advising of I-485 status change to "Testing and Interview" 04/09/2018
Received interview letter for May 14th at 11:15 AM in Chicago USCIS office 04/14/2018
Completed interview in Chicago office 05/15/2018
Received email notifications and status update on USCIS "New Card is being produced" 05/15/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.