23 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I'm really worried about my visa and interview. I got married to a permanent resident of USA back in January'2017. They filed my petition in last june. He lives I Chicago basically, so is it going to take very long? Like i read somewhere it can take up to several years. I'm already dying lol. I just want to be with him. And yes, hes eligible for his citizenship since years. But due to some reasons he didn't take that. Now hes thinking to get his citizenship, will this make any difference? Cuz it'd take 6 months for naturalization process and then I'll have to go through the process of IR too! Need some suggestions and prayers. :( kindly share your experiences too! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Say 2 years if he is a LPR, quicker if he maturalises, he would be able to upgrade his petition to USC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Say 2 years if he is a LPR, quicker if he maturalises, he would be able to upgrade his petition to USC.

Two years from now? Or from the month he applied? 

Timeline

The Priority Date, soon after he applied.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

The Priority Date, soon after he applied.

Thanks so much for the help!! Plus what if he gets his citizenship? 7 months already have been passed! I'm expecting my p.d to be current in June'19. And it can take 6-8 months for naturalization process. Doesnt it sound like that in both scenario I've to wait around 2 years! 

Timeline

No harm going for it, might help, might not.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Um hm, I'm very concerned about my noa2 too! I received noa1 right after filing! Bu no response from USCIS since then! And sorry for being such an annoying person. But I've questions :(

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Where can I look for approvals and details. :? 

41 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

Um hm, I'm very concerned about my noa2 too! I received noa1 right after filing! Bu no response from USCIS since then! And sorry for being such an annoying person. But I've questions :(

Hi! My PD is Dec 19th, 2016. If you are at the California Service Center, it is taking a lot of time. I received only my NOA1, waiting for NOA2 after 1 year and 1 month.

In my opinion, Naturalization could get you two together, and if he can gather the money for the fees, it will be worthed every day that you are with him instead of apart. And, of course, he could have some extra perks in the future as a citizen.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

47 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

You can always find the official details at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

However, I would recommend for you to check the statistics here at Visa journey,  to have more information.

At Chicago, USCIS average is 8 months. VisaJourney's statistics show that some cases have taken 3 months, most around 6 to 8, and some has taken up to 11 months. So, there's a lot of chance your case might be done sooner that way.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Tenreyro said:
11 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

You can always find the official details at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

However, I would recommend for you to check the statistics here at Visa journey,  to have more information.

At Chicago, USCIS average is 8 months. VisaJourney's statistics show that some cases have taken 3 months, most around 6 to 8, and some has taken up to 11 months. So, there's a lot of chance your case might be done sooner that way.

Hey thanks for the reply! It helped alot! I hope that I'll get my noa2 soon! They cant call me for the interview if the p.d doesn't become current right?

2 hours ago, Sal11 said:

They will contact you when it is closer to your Priority Date, it probably wouldnt be this year. If your husband becomes a US Citizen, then, they your case wwould be upgraded, and an interview would be set after you finish the NVC stage, which should take around 6 months after your i-130 gets approved.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

They will contact you when it is closer to your Priority Date, it probably wouldnt be this year. If your husband becomes a US Citizen, then, they your case wwould be upgraded, and an interview would be set after you finish the NVC stage, which should take around 6 months after your i-130 gets approved.

Um alright, but when do you think will getting a citizenship make any difference? If he may apply for it in this month or next, the process will take around 6 months. And after that I heard my file would be in the last of the queue. Don't you think in both scenarios we'll get the same waiting period. :(

1 hour ago, Sal11 said:

Um alright, but when do you think will getting a citizenship make any difference? If he may apply for it in this month or next, the process will take around 6 months. And after that I heard my file would be in the last of the queue. Don't you think in both scenarios we'll get the same waiting period. :(

Personally, I believe that it would be less time with the naturalization. But there is no way of predicting accurately the future. Just guessing and hoping for the best, specially with USCIS.

From applying for citizenship to having the oath can take up to a year. Then after he becomes a citizen if he applies for you it will take 1 year instead of two. 

So the total time for you to get here can still take 2 years. 

Unfortunately there s no way to speed this process up. We've all had to endure some kind of wait. It sucks but hang in there.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
12 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

From applying for citizenship to having the oath can take up to a year. Then after he becomes a citizen if he applies for you it will take 1 year instead of two. 

So the total time for you to get here can still take 2 years. 

Unfortunately there s no way to speed this process up. We've all had to endure some kind of wait. It sucks but hang in there.

If this is the case then we've already applied for f2a and 1 year already been passed. Should we stay with it? Or apply for citizenship

Edited by Sal11
Because of the mistake I did

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.