JustinS

Expedite Process-London

17 posts in this topic

I know it's such a niche that information is sparse but does ANYONE have any inside knowledge on the expedite post-process.  

I've heard everything from "You need to call/email/send a form to the embassy because they won't do anything without it" to "Follow the DCF process" to "The NVC will handle it".

Any clarity on the London Embassy process would be helpful. 

I'm assuming they would get the file and send instructions, even if they are "Go to the website and schedule your interview"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has your expedite been submitted and approved?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 minutes ago, JustinS said:

I know it's such a niche that information is sparse but does ANYONE have any inside knowledge on the expedite post-process.  

I've heard everything from "You need to call/email/send a form to the embassy because they won't do anything without it" to "Follow the DCF process" to "The NVC will handle it".

I'm assuming they would get the file and send instructions, even if they are "Go to the website and schedule your interview"

If you filed with USCIS and your petition was approved and sent to NVC then you will need to email NVC requesting an expedite.

If you filed DCF then you will need to email the embassy in London requesting an expedite.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

So to clarify, I was approved for an expedite at the USCIS, then subsequently approved for an expedite at the NVC.  I'm just trying to figure out how the next steps work once my file is forwarded to the embassy. Even the NVC is giving me conflicting answers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
14 minutes ago, JustinS said:

So to clarify, I was approved for an expedite at the USCIS, then subsequently approved for an expedite at the NVC.  I'm just trying to figure out how the next steps work once my file is forwarded to the embassy. Even the NVC is giving me conflicting answers.

If your file makes it to London via expedite, then you are in control of your timing from there. You aren't really waiting on the embassy.  You are going to follow a path similar to K1s (but spouse forms). Hopefully you have planned ahead and already have your police certificate, immunisation records, and a health summary from your GP to show at the medical. And you need to be gathering your documents in lauding affidavit of support. 

Here's the K1 plan https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Notes:

Step 1- Apply online.  Your spouse form is DS-260, not 160

Step 2- Same documents, except your affidavit of support is I-864

Step 3- Medical. Same. 

Step 4- Schedule you interview. Follow the link to register. That instruction bit page says pick K1, but of course you choice is "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

The Embassy is moving to a brand new building this weekend,  opening for business Tuesday. Anything you read already posted about queing for the interview, location, closest tube etc is now old information. New address 33 Nine Elms Lane, London SW11 7US. 

More info found here https://uk.usembassy.gov/address-new-u-s-embassy-london/

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

If your file makes it to London via expedite, then you are in control of your timing from there. You aren't really waiting on the embassy.  You are going to follow a path similar to K1s (but spouse forms). Hopefully you have planned ahead and already have your police certificate, immunisation records, and a health summary from your GP to show at the medical. And you need to be gathering your documents in lauding affidavit of support. 

Here's the K1 plan https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Notes:

Step 1- Apply online.  Your spouse form is DS-260, not 160

Step 2- Same documents, except your affidavit of support is I-864

Step 3- Medical. Same. 

Step 4- Schedule you interview. Follow the link to register. That instruction bit page says pick K1, but of course you choice is "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

The Embassy is moving to a brand new building this weekend,  opening for business Tuesday. Anything you read already posted about queing for the interview, location, closest tube etc is now old information. New address 33 Nine Elms Lane, London SW11 7US. 

More info found here https://uk.usembassy.gov/address-new-u-s-embassy-london/

Thankfully I've done the ds260.  I've also reached out to knightsbridge and my wife will have her summary and all monday. Thats great info though.  The only concern.  Should I be waiting for something from the embassy before I start all of this or should we just go for it. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
35 minutes ago, JustinS said:

Thankfully I've done the ds260.  I've also reached out to knightsbridge and my wife will have her summary and all monday. Thats great info though.  The only concern.  Should I be waiting for something from the embassy before I start all of this or should we just go for it. Thanks!

You  can call NVC and see if they Issued you a new case number starting with LND. Typically Knightsbridge wants that number before they will let you make an appointment.  London should notify you by mail that your case has arrived and include the new LND number.  If you can get on that interview booking site, then carry on. Sometimes it won't let you in if it's too early. It will say you aren't recognized or something like that. Just keep trying every day. With all the embassy moving, the computer systems may be sporadically having down time.

You're kinda in the middle of a change with a slightly oddball case. But basically since you left NVC who would typically pick your interview, you've got to get on the system and pick your own like K1s and DCF spouses do.  The embassy no longer hands out interviews via letter. I think DCFs still pay their visa fee at the embassy on the day of the interview, whereas K1s pay online and schedule the courier together. If you are not offered an option to pay for an IMMIGRANT visa, but only the courier, don't worry about it. They still have a cashier to take your money at the interview.

Edited by Wuozopo

10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You  can call NVC and see if they Issued you a new case number starting with LND. Typically Knightsbridge wants that number before they will let you make an appointment.  London should notify you by mail that your case has arrived and include the new LND number.  If you can get on that interview booking site, then carry on. Sometimes it won't let you in if it's too early. It will say you aren't recognized or something like that. Just keep trying every day. With all the embassy moving, the computer systems may be sporadically having down time.

You're kinda in the middle of a change with a slightly oddball case. But basically since you left NVC who would typically pick your interview, you've got to get on the system and pick your own like K1s and DCF spouses do.  The embassy no longer hands out interviews via letter. I think DCFs still pay their visa fee at the embassy on the day of the interview, whereas K1s pay online and schedule the courier together. If you are not offered an option to pay for an IMMIGRANT visa, but only the courier, don't worry about it. They still have a cashier to take your money at the interview.

I appreciate all of this information. I paid the AOS fee, IV fee and submitted all the paperwork (needed documentation /i864 and DS260) before I expedited so I do have the four LND case numbers . My only concern is the application covers my wife and step kids so when I schedule an interview should I just schedule one.  I would assume they don't want me scheduling four individual interviews.

Otherwise thanks to all of you I've already reached out to Knightsbridge. I know I should probably wait until my files are actually at the embassy from the NVC. Once I have the medical scheduled for them that I will work on scheduling in the interview. Here's hoping that this process goes smooth. If I missing anything or there's any more advice I appreciate you all and all of your time. 

Edited by JustinS

On 1/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, JustinS said:

How did you expedite your process? 

3 hours ago, SME2017 said:

How did you expedite your process? 

This was helpful   http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, JustinS said:

My only concern is the application covers my wife and step kids so when I schedule an interview should I just schedule one.  I would assume they don't want me scheduling four individual interviews.

I wouldn't be so sure that only one appointment is needed.  The last thing you want is to schedule one interview (with one case #) and four people show up and they are not prepared.  Each Embassy has there own way to handle the derivatives.  Make sure you get a London specific answer

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I wouldn't be so sure that only one appointment is needed.  The last thing you want is to schedule one interview (with one case #) and four people show up and they are not prepared.  Each Embassy has there own way to handle the derivatives.  Make sure you get a London specific answer

I absolutely plan to.  At this point I'm not sure about any of it.  The NVC, the web and visajourney all have slightly different answers, though thankfully I know I've never been steered wrong here.   Once the embassy gets my file (it was only expedited Friday) I will be reaching out to confirm. 

I appreciate everyone's help. The things I know I can do, I will be doing. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, JustinS said:

I absolutely plan to.  At this point I'm not sure about any of it.  The NVC, the web and visajourney all have slightly different answers, though thankfully I know I've never been steered wrong here.   Once the embassy gets my file (it was only expedited Friday) I will be reaching out to confirm. 

I appreciate everyone's help. The things I know I can do, I will be doing. 

Directly from the London website.

Interviews are by appointment only.  You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes prior to the time shown and arriving more than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time may result in the cancellation of your appointment. All immigrant visa applicants, including children, are required to visit the Embassy in person for a formal visa interview.

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Directly from the London website.

Interviews are by appointment only.  You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes prior to the time shown and arriving more than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time may result in the cancellation of your appointment. All immigrant visa applicants, including children, are required to visit the Embassy in person for a formal visa interview.

Understood they need to attend. What I am saying is that when I was still with the NVC, they stated that they schedule the CR2's in one bulk interview with the CR1's.  They aren't going to have a 4 year old putting through paperwork and answering questions, so they attend with the primary (their mom). I just need to make sure that is the way they will take it if I schedule now.  I wish I could see/find a guide for the interview scheduler to see if there is a spot to add in comments/attendees/etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.