CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
46 minutes ago, CM&KV said:

Grats on the interview letter! I'm hoping my husband's interview will be around thanksgiving, hopefully before. We want to know our results, but he wont physcally move here till he has a job offer and a few other things are taken care of, assuming he gets approved. If we get denied, I'll be moving there within the year.

Thank you. I really hope everything can get approved quickly and without any problems.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Goman0206 said:

Thanks for the very helpful information! I wish this entire process would move faster for all of us.

Is there a reason why the holidays impact the interview date? 

No worries. Yes, this process seems to drag along quite a bit at every step along the way.

This is just my idea, but I think holidays take away working days from the consulates and therefore slots available for appointments, and that pushes everything back. Check the calendar of the relevant consulate for you, hopefully there are not that many holidays coming up.

image.png.f51d197a8c00fd83187886274ff6e537.png

Still no word on our I130.   Asked My attorney if he would do an inquiry on October 13, since the processing table said they will take the inquiry at that time.  He states they as attorneys wait 45 days past the out of processing date questions.  Going nuts. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

Still no word on our I130.   Asked My attorney if he would do an inquiry on October 13, since the processing table said they will take the inquiry at that time.  He states they as attorneys wait 45 days past the out of processing date questions.  Going nuts. 

Hopefully you get an approval before the 13th. But if not, how about you do your own inquiry? 

1 hour ago, laowainelson said:

Hopefully you get an approval before the 13th. But if not, how about you do your own inquiry? 

Yes, that is what I told my husband, I will just do my own inquiry!   I emailed him back and said is that 45 days past their processing times, or 45 days past the priority date, no response.  I feel like I am a bother to him when I write him.  Answers are usually short.    I wrote him back a few months and said Hey, I heard it is taking 15 - 24 months to bring a spouse over.  He said oh no he will be here before 15 months if not even earlier.  So I got a very nice apartment, then he went back to saying 15 months or more.  So now financially I will struggle to pay the apartment on my own 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I finally got my NOA2 this morning in an email. I logged into the new site, and apparently I was approved yesterday! It was 245 days from my PD and my Visa Journey Timeline had estimated between Aug 22-Sept 10. The old site is still saying "case received" and I did not yet get a letter in the mail or text.

PD: Jan 30

Service Center: Potomac 

So happy to be on to the next step!

On 9/28/2018 at 5:08 AM, JM&JJ Gonz❤️ said:

Hello all,

I just got my approval today but it is dated for 9/26....

My priority date is 1/29/18 and I am in Potomac Service Center.

Now I guess we will start the NVC process!

Good luck! We’ve been waiting forever just for USCIS to transfer AND for NVC to receive the case 😅

On 9/20/2018 at 12:32 AM, Gods-faith said:

I checked the websites but still no updates, other than “your approved”. I’m going to give nvc  a call right now. Maybe they received it now cause a lot of people from TSC saying on here theirs have been received yesterday. Thanks 

Took us seven weeks to hear back from USCIS that they’ve sent the case over to NVC from TSC. Be patient!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, laowainelson said:

Hi laowainelson,

I am at filing ds260 stage to NVC. I just have few question about CEAC filing. Could kindly you help me out since you already filed it. 

about me: I am a US citizen applied for my wife from India. 

time line:  March 16th Send application to USCIS, March 21st they received ( PD March 21st), August 29  they approved and send to NVC on September 7th.  October 10th NVC sent me letter with case number and invoice. Now trying to finish everything but bit confused about some of DS260 questions. Please help.

1. Is it ok if I complete  and submit this form behalf of the Applicant  (my wife) or she has to complete it? 

2. There is a question says  "is your spouse immigrating to U.S. with you?" I am already in the U.S, what would be the answer?

3. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? is it Yes or No? She has vaccination from India and thought the rest required vaccination she will take during her medical. am I correct?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, RC86 said:

Hi laowainelson,

I am at filing ds260 stage to NVC. I just have few question about CEAC filing. Could kindly you help me out since you already filed it. 

about me: I am a US citizen applied for my wife from India. 

time line:  March 16th Send application to USCIS, March 21st they received ( PD March 21st), August 29  they approved and send to NVC on September 7th.  October 10th NVC sent me letter with case number and invoice. Now trying to finish everything but bit confused about some of DS260 questions. Please help.

1. Is it ok if I complete  and submit this form behalf of the Applicant  (my wife) or she has to complete it? 

2. There is a question says  "is your spouse immigrating to U.S. with you?" I am already in the U.S, what would be the answer?

3. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? is it Yes or No? She has vaccination from India and thought the rest required vaccination she will take during her medical. am I correct?

Hi, please see my answers below:

1. Because the questions seem addressed to the intending immigrant, my wife filled it out herself while we were on the phone, just in case they check the IP address or they directly ask who filled out the questionnaire, we can truthfully say that she did it.

2. The answer is no. This question is meant for intending immigrants other and a US cit spouse (parents, siblings, etc)

3. We answered no, because my mother in law misplaced my wife's records when they moved to their new house a few years ago. There is a space there to explain if you answer no and we typed that we will ask the doctor for advice during the medical exam. My wife just came out of the exam right now and they told her that they will test her blood for all the immunizations and that's good enough.

Let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help.

Filed: Timeline
23 minutes ago, laowainelson said:

Hi, please see my answers below:

1. Because the questions seem addressed to the intending immigrant, my wife filled it out herself while we were on the phone, just in case they check the IP address or they directly ask who filled out the questionnaire, we can truthfully say that she did it.

2. The answer is no. This question is meant for intending immigrants other and a US cit spouse (parents, siblings, etc)

3. We answered no, because my mother in law misplaced my wife's records when they moved to their new house a few years ago. There is a space there to explain if you answer no and we typed that we will ask the doctor for advice during the medical exam. My wife just came out of the exam right now and they told her that they will test her blood for all the immunizations and that's good enough.

Let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help.

Thank you so much.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, laowainelson said:

No worries. Yes, this process seems to drag along quite a bit at every step along the way.

This is just my idea, but I think holidays take away working days from the consulates and therefore slots available for appointments, and that pushes everything back. Check the calendar of the relevant consulate for you, hopefully there are not that many holidays coming up.

image.png.f51d197a8c00fd83187886274ff6e537.png

Hi Laowainelson - Thanks again for your helpful information! May we ask at what point are you able to schedule for the medical exam? Do you have to wait until you're issued an interview date or can it be done beforehand? Any advise is much appreciated!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Goman0206 said:

Hi Laowainelson - Thanks again for your helpful information! May we ask at what point are you able to schedule for the medical exam? Do you have to wait until you're issued an interview date or can it be done beforehand? Any advise is much appreciated!

No worries. I'm happy to share whatever information my wife and I have acquired so far. Another member helped us very much when we needed them.

You are able to schedule the medical exam  anytime. For us, it said that my wife had to bring the interview appointment letter (or the email) to the medical exam but they didn't even look at it.

What I would recommend is to contact the authorized doctor's office now to see how far in advance you need to schedule the appointment. My wife got it done a few days after  we received our interview date notification. Don't delay it, the exam is valid for a number of months depending on the Country and consulate (ours is 6 months).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.