CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hey guys, for anyone that has filed their form I-751 did you receive your  I797 form? And how long did it take? We filed ours since November 16 and it’s December 8th as of today and still nothing. I was just wondering. 

thanks!

Hi,

Yes indeed they are supposed to mail you an I 797, but keep in mind that they are running on serious delays. In our case, they stated that they mailed the I 797 about 33 days after they received the package. Keep an eye on the check (cheque) that you mailed with the application. Is it a personal check? Have they cashed it?

5 hours ago, laowainelson said:

Hi,

Yes indeed they are supposed to mail you an I 797, but keep in mind that they are running on serious delays. In our case, they stated that they mailed the I 797 about 33 days after they received the package. Keep an eye on the check (cheque) that you mailed with the application. Is it a personal check? Have they cashed it?

Yes I figured with this whole pandemic things will be much slower, but was just curious how the process was going for others too. Anyway, to your question, about a week ago I asked an associate at my bank to see if my check was cashed but they said it was not. Next time I go back to the bank soon I will find out again. 

thanks for your response!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just have a question for anyone with insights that can maybe help me out. So I send my Form I-751 package to removed condition on residence to USCIS and it has been 6 weeks since it was delivered to their lockbox facility, however, I haven’t heard back from USCIS at all. I did not receive an NOA/ form I-797C. Should I be worried? Or is that normal for uscis to take this long to respond? I try calling uscis customer service but since I don’t have a case number I am unable to speak to a representative. The automated telephone system won’t give me the option to speak to a human. I do have an online account, up on checking that account I saw nothing on there. Also I had ask my bank about a week ago if the check I sent uscis was cashed and I got an answer of “no” . Does anyone know of a way to maybe get on to USCIS representative?

thank you so much for your response in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, Gods-faith said:

Hey guys, I just have a question for anyone with insights that can maybe help me out. So I send my Form I-751 package to removed condition on residence to USCIS and it has been 6 weeks since it was delivered to their lockbox facility, however, I haven’t heard back from USCIS at all. I did not receive an NOA/ form I-797C. Should I be worried? Or is that normal for uscis to take this long to respond? I try calling uscis customer service but since I don’t have a case number I am unable to speak to a representative. The automated telephone system won’t give me the option to speak to a human. I do have an online account, up on checking that account I saw nothing on there. Also I had ask my bank about a week ago if the check I sent uscis was cashed and I got an answer of “no” . Does anyone know of a way to maybe get on to USCIS representative?

thank you so much for your response in advance!

Hi,

I think there are two things that you can do:

- If your check has been deposited by USCIS, you likely already have a case number. However, because you don't know your case number, you will not be able to initially get help over the phone. What you have to do is get in touch via live chat on the USCIS website. Log in to your account and you should see the Contact Page, follow the prompts and so on. Please note that USCIS will only speak to your wife, even via live chat, so she should be present while you do this.

OR

- If your check has not been deposited, then you  likely do not have a case number yet. If so, you will have to email the lock box to which you sent your packet to inquire about your packet and case. I believe everyone sends this type of application to Arizona, but you should check the USCIS official website and the email address should be there.

I followed the first step, because I was able to see on my online banking that USCIS had deposited my check but we had not received a I-797 and my wife's PR card was about to expire shortly. I contacted USCIS via the live chat but was turned down because my wife wasn't present. We reached out to them a second time once she was next to the computer and we were able to get our case number, request that a new I-797 be sent (we have yet to receive any mail communication from them about our case). Eventually we insisted with USCIS, were given an infopass appointment and got a passport stamp as evidence that we are in the process of removal of conditions.

I hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys anyone received their 1-797 NOA from USCIS for form I-751 and did NOT hear back from USCIS? I received my wife 1-797 since January of 2021 and it’s  saying that the case was received and conditional residency extended for 18 months. It is now June of 2021 and still didn’t get a letter for biometrics or anything which I know is the next step. Is anyone stuck place in the process too?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.