CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jemera said:

Yeah I was told this too when I called. I was surprised to hear it could take 6 weeks, but it turned out not to be the case for us. USCIS did take 2 weeks to send our case over and they received it a week later. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. 

Wow okay. That’s good to hear. Hopefully I hear from them soon. I will call them back in a few days. Thanks 

On 1/29/2018 at 5:50 PM, Rainbow_2018 said:

Hello All,

I am also January 2018 filer for my parents (IR5). 

I 130 mailed - Jan 17th

Mail received at USCIS - Jan 19th

Email confirmation received - Jan 22nd

NOA1 in mail: Jan 25th

Priority date: January 19th.

Texas Service Center.

Quick question: I forgot to include copies of my parents' birth certificate in the package. It includes my birth certificate, my naturalization certificate, my passport copies, parents passport and marriage certificate copies but not their birth certificate. Will that be subject to RFE??

Edited by Chenitte
Do you have any updates yet? We’re on the same situation my priority date is 1/18/18

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear community,

Where do I find a thread that is for permanent residents filing for spouses (F2A). I can only find US citizens who filed for spouses.

Does an overview for approved petitions exist for the F2A category with corresponding dates?

Thanks everyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, YKL said:

NVC said they have received my case today and said it will be processed electronically. How it long does it usually take to get a case number?

They say up to 8 weeks but for me was exactly 3 weeks to assign a case number 

good luck 👍🏻 

Hi my case was approved since August 24 and I called NVC for the third time again on September 17 and they told me they have not received my case. It’s been four weeks on to five weeks already.

Maybe it’s depends on individual service centers on how long they takes to send over the cases. Is anyone else experiencing this long wait for case transfer? 

Thank you for your response!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gods-faith said:

Hi my case was approved since August 24 and I called NVC for the third time again on September 17 and they told me they have not received my case. It’s been four weeks on to five weeks already.

Maybe it’s depends on individual service centers on how long they takes to send over the cases. Is anyone else experiencing this long wait for case transfer? 

Thank you for your response!

It took only one week for me and nvc received my case from Texas service center, did u checked on USCIS website when they sent your case to NVC

Just now, Diva00 said:

It took only one week for me and nvc received my case from Texas service center, did u checked on USCIS website when they sent your case to NVC

I checked the websites but still no updates, other than “your approved”. I’m going to give nvc  a call right now. Maybe they received it now cause a lot of people from TSC saying on here theirs have been received yesterday. Thanks 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

I checked the websites but still no updates, other than “your approved”. I’m going to give nvc  a call right now. Maybe they received it now cause a lot of people from TSC saying on here theirs have been received yesterday. Thanks 

Good luck 👍🏻 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

I called NVC and was told the same thing again,  “We have not received your petition as yet you have to give us up to six weeks to receive your petition” 🙄

Call USCIS and ask when they sent your case to NVC 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

GUESS I AM THE LONE JANUARY FILER, NOT APPROVED YET SINCE 01/12/18.....I FEEL DEFEATED AND SAD.  

I am in the same boat as you, but not quite as long. PD of Jan 30 at Potomac. It's very frustrating to hope for news every single day and to be let down. Our time will come, but it doesn't make this wait any less painful.

13 hours ago, Maracuja said:

I am in the same boat as you, but not quite as long. PD of Jan 30 at Potomac. It's very frustrating to hope for news every single day and to be let down. Our time will come, but it doesn't make this wait any less painful.

Exactly!   I hired an attorney who filed for me.  I had all documents.   It states that the cases are worked in the order they are received.  If they are why have we been passed up?   What makes ours longer?   I was not able to go visit my husband because of a series of unexpected health issues/surgeries so I did not have time from my job to go.  So it is miserable for us.    Well I will keep us all in my prayers. 

Guess I will just write back and forth to myself, since in this blog and the Nebraska service Center blog, everyone was approved and here my husband and I sit and wait.....so miserable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.