CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

This will be my first post on the VJ site. Figured this might be a good place to start. We sent in our I-130 at the end of January 2019, our NOA1 is dated Feb 5 2019. Recently, we were excited to receive the NOA2, dated Dec 30 2019. We have been prepping our documents and answers for the NVC stage and are eager to receive that notification so we can act on it. 

Best of luck to everyone!

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lois K said:

Hi everyone! 

This will be my first post on the VJ site. Figured this might be a good place to start. We sent in our I-130 at the end of January 2019, our NOA1 is dated Feb 5 2019. Recently, we were excited to receive the NOA2, dated Dec 30 2019. We have been prepping our documents and answers for the NVC stage and are eager to receive that notification so we can act on it. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi there, this one is actually for Jan 2018, not 2019 :) You can find the Jan 2019 thread here, you will have a better chance of finding people with similar timelines as you

There's also an NVC filers thread:

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Hi there, this one is actually for Jan 2018, not 2019 :) You can find the Jan 2019 thread here, you will have a better chance of finding people with similar timelines as you

There's also an NVC filers thread:

Oh so sorry! Got married in Dec 2018, but filed in Jan 2019, I was too excited and mixed my dates up. I've now posted in the two suggested threads. Thanks for the redirection.

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

• 7 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gods-faith said:

I am actually close to starting the process for my wife. Have to submitted documents around mid November. 

I shipped ours last Tuesday Sept 1st and they received the envelope on Thursday Sept 3rd. As of today (Tuesday Sept 8th), they have not deposited the check. I will share the progress just in case it can be of help to anyone. 

I'm a bit worried about all the news reports about the financial situation of USCIS and what it can mean for the process.

2 minutes ago, laowainelson said:

I shipped ours last Tuesday Sept 1st and they received the envelope on Thursday Sept 3rd. As of today (Tuesday Sept 8th), they have not deposited the check. I will share the progress just in case it can be of help to anyone. 

I'm a bit worried about all the news reports about the financial situation of USCIS and what it can mean for the process.

I still haven’t received any letter from USCIS yet telling us to file. Did you guys receive one prior? Also did you send lots of evidence in your package? If you don’t mind can you please say what are some of the things you send? Thank you so much for your time!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

I still haven’t received any letter from USCIS yet telling us to file. Did you guys receive one prior? Also did you send lots of evidence in your package? If you don’t mind can you please say what are some of the things you send? Thank you so much for your time!

My pleasure, happy to help.

We actually didn't receive any letters or notice advising us to file. And looking at how USCIS and the government in general are doing, we didn't expect one.

We went by the "resident since" date and filed a few days after the allowed date to avoid being rejected for "filling too early".

Besides the forms and check/cheque for the correct amount, we included copies of the permanent resident card, copy of our driver licenses/ID's showing the same address, copies of recent bank statements of our joint bank accounts, copy of our 2019 tax return (you should include the transcript if you can), a few pictures of ourselves from over the course of two years. Also evidence of our joint credit cards. We also have a business together, but I decided not to include that to avoid any confusion, as that kind of paperwork lends itself to interpretation.

If there is any follow up from them, I am ready to ship a second packet with that kind of information.

11 minutes ago, laowainelson said:

My pleasure, happy to help.

We actually didn't receive any letters or notice advising us to file. And looking at how USCIS and the government in general are doing, we didn't expect one.

We went by the "resident since" date and filed a few days after the allowed date to avoid being rejected for "filling too early".

Besides the forms and check/cheque for the correct amount, we included copies of the permanent resident card, copy of our driver licenses/ID's showing the same address, copies of recent bank statements of our joint bank accounts, copy of our 2019 tax return (you should include the transcript if you can), a few pictures of ourselves from over the course of two years. Also evidence of our joint credit cards. We also have a business together, but I decided not to include that to avoid any confusion, as that kind of paperwork lends itself to interpretation.

If there is any follow up from them, I am ready to ship a second packet with that kind of information.

Okay great I have similar evidence too that we will be submitting. We will submit bank statements together, photos, copy of driver license, copy of permanent residence card, copy of joint tax transcripts, and we have a child together so birth certificate. Also, one thing we will submit that you didn’t mention is two affidavit of support of marriage, one from my sister-in-law and one from my father. I will take it to get notarize.  I hope that evidence will  Be enough. I  will keep updates on here and hope our information will be able to assist each other. 

thank you again! 

Edited by Gods-faith

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi fellow January 2018 filers, as an update for our removal of conditions application:

USCIS received our packet on September 3rd, and they have only deposited the check today, September 22nd. There are definitely serious delays happening, so plan accordingly.

Timeline

Yes, we received I797 forms last month- allowing my wife to stay in USA until the process is completed.  The I797 form is good for 18 months and allows her to work and travel/fly while her case is under review.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, laowainelson said:

Hi fellow January 2018 filers, as an update for our removal of conditions application:

USCIS received our packet on September 3rd, and they have only deposited the check today, September 22nd. There are definitely serious delays happening, so plan accordingly.

Congratulations on the progress. Wish you speedy approval.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys for anyone that file their form I-751 already and if you did it by mail, is there only two direct address to mail it? When I check on USCIS.gov it shows this, 

Where to file

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

USCIS 
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

USCIS 
Attn: I-751 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034

I lived in NY so I’m guessing this is the only two option for this form in terms of mailing it. 

thanks!

Edited by Gods-faith

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

Hey guys for anyone that file their form I-751 already and if you did it by mail, is there only two direct address to mail it? When I check on USCIS.gov it shows this, 

Where to file

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

USCIS 
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

USCIS 
Attn: I-751 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034

I lived in NY so I’m guessing this is the only two option for this form in terms of mailing it. 

thanks!

Yes, those are the two you need.  I used FedEx and sent mine to the second address last week.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.