Deadheart357

How to divorce Philippine while protecting future rights

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes ..  I am saying when you meet a Filipina and she starts asking for money to RUN!!     Even my wife states this one ...      We are not talking the money needed for the visa process .. but the "sudden emergencies, ETC"    

Question.  You think it is good if the kano is suddenly treated as the money tree .. ?

(You're doing a K-1 .. no wife yet ;)  :lol:  ) 

True...  My future FIL has already subdivided land to his daughter and is building a living unit for the "American".  I see picture updates every day.  I will visit in March and it is suppose to be done since I am planning on a month there I needed a place to work

YMMV

40 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You sort of walked right in to that mess ignoring the ... big red flag = sending money continually.    Rule # 1:    If a Filipina starts asking for money..... RUN!!      (I say this not to condemn you or anything of the sort, but for those that come behind you ... NEVER send money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     IF a Filipina asks for money that is time to cut and run!)

Your divorce in the USA is good everywhere in the world except the Philippines (unless you do the recognition process at a RTC).     You may be an American, but you are talking of marrying IN the Philippines, and to do that you MUST conform to Philippine law.. so without the recognition process you can not marry in the Phils.   But that does not stop you from completing the K-1 visa process .. if you so choose, for that you DON'T need the recognition of divorce.

The recognition of divorce relates to ALL that want to marry in the Philippines.. if they were married in the Philippines or completed ROM after marriage in the USA.   You want to marry in the Philippines a 2nd time you will need to find an attorney and complete the recognition process in the RTC .

DCF is an IR/CR-1  I-130.   

Thank you..thats what I was afraid of...if my bed Johnson the divorce, it's my understanding she would not be free to remarry. Would I still be?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, payxibka said:

True...  My future FIL has already subdivided land to his daughter and is building a living unit for the "American".  I see picture updates every day.  I will visit in March and it is suppose to be done since I am planning on a month there I needed a place to work

You are not the first to do that.. but  that is not what I am talking about  ..    

A kano meets a Filipina online, they chat .. suddenly she needs money .. yada, yada ..    he hasn't even met her in person yet .. and she is pulling leaves off the money tree.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Deadheart357 said:

Thank you..thats what I was afraid of...if my bed Johnson the divorce, it's my understanding she would not be free to remarry. Would I still be?

You are in the USA, the divorce process is governed by the state you live in,  after the divorce you would be free to marry anywhere in the world EXCEPT the Philippines.(without the recognition process) so you could complete the K-1, bring your fiancee to the USA then marry... all is good for you.  ;)  

Your EX living in the Philippines would not be free to marry unless she could complete the recognition of divorce.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

59 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You sort of walked right in to that mess ignoring the ... big red flag = sending money continually.    Rule # 1:    If a Filipina starts asking for money..... RUN!!      (I say this not to condemn you or anything of the sort, but for those that come behind you ... NEVER send money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     IF a Filipina asks for money that is time to cut and run!)

Your divorce in the USA is good everywhere in the world except the Philippines (unless you do the recognition process at a RTC).     You may be an American, but you are talking of marrying IN the Philippines, and to do that you MUST conform to Philippine law.. so without the recognition process you can not marry in the Phils.   But that does not stop you from completing the K-1 visa process .. if you so choose, for that you DON'T need the recognition of divorce.

The recognition of divorce relates to ALL that want to marry in the Philippines.. if they were married in the Philippines or completed ROM after marriage in the USA.   You want to marry in the Philippines a 2nd time you will need to find an attorney and complete the recognition process in the RTC .

DCF is an IR/CR-1  I-130.   

What if I fly her to Hong Kong,  get married then go to her town and stay till I can get a DCF CR1? I could still then get an attorney to file for the recognition

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are in the USA, the divorce process is governed by the state you live in,  after the divorce you would be free to marry anywhere in the world EXCEPT the Philippines.(without the recognition process) so you could complete the K-1, bring your fiancee to the USA then marry... all is good for you.  ;)  

Your EX living in the Philippines would not be free to marry unless she could complete the recognition of divorce.  

I really wanted to marry her there and stay till I can bring her here...so if my wife signs the papers and joins the divorce , she couldn't marry again in Phil but could I? And if I marry my fiance in Hong Kong while the recognition is in worksin court in Phil,  that should fix any problems that would arise for immigration? 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Deadheart357 said:

What if I fly her to Hong Kong,  get married then go to her town and stay till I can get a DCF CR1? I could still then get an attorney to file for the recognition

Yes.   If marry outside the Philippines then come back you can file the DCF at the embassy.    No need for the recognition process.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Deadheart357 said:

I really wanted to marry her there and stay till I can bring her here...so if my wife signs the papers and joins the divorce , she couldn't marry again in Phil but could I? And if I marry my fiance in Hong Kong while the recognition is in worksin court in Phil,  that should fix any problems that would arise for immigration?    NOT NEEDED IF YOU MARRY IN HONG KONG

Your future EX could sign the divorce documents and make life simple.    But for your EX to marry in the Philippines she would need to complete the recognition process.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

21 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Your future EX could sign the divorce documents and make life simple.    But for your EX to marry in the Philippines she would need to complete the recognition process.

Ok...so I marry in Hong kong without getting recognition of divorce in phil...will there be problems with immigration or CFO or new wife registering our marriage in Phil?

I'd still be living with her till DCF of CR1

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Deadheart357 said:

Ok...so I marry in Hong kong without getting recognition of divorce in phil...will there be problems with immigration or CFO or new wife registering our marriage in Phil?

I'd still be living with her till DCF of CR1

No issues with the visa process, many before you have completed divorces outside the Philippines.  Remember divorce is accepted in the USA  ;)   so the embassy is just fine with having a copy of the divorce decree.

No issues with CFO, they will want a copy of your divorce decree .

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Get your divorce ... move on with life.  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Why don't you just get a few girlfriends in Philippines instead of trying to marry. 

Have a couple in Manila area,  Cebu Area and Davao Area.  All three areas have major airports and are easy to get to from Philippines.  Don't do any FB accounts and keep your life private.    

If you have any issues with a girl you are dating just have PNP do a background investigation on them, it will run you about 2000 pesos.

There are many third party usually Americans in Philippines who will also do surveillance on girls for you.   

PointMan Cebu was a good one, but he has left Philippines : http://www.pointmancebu.com/

Do your due diligence

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

To the OP, Get your divorce here and don't do anything to help your ex. Nothing, nada. Sad to hear that you learned the hard way. I don't understand why you are so set to try and go the DCF route. First off slow down...Did you even meet this new girl in person yet? If not it's a little too soon to be talking about going there to get married. My advice is to go meet her and spend as much time as possible with her. Come home and file for a K-1.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, Chris Duffy said:

Why don't you just get a few girlfriends in Philippines instead of trying to marry. 

Some people want a relationship and someone that they can spend their life with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.