Voided

Any Help is greatly appreciated

105 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

It is NOT baiting and entrapment. It's getting the evidence she already knows about

I feel otherwise.  Its provoking and unnecessary.

Filed: Other Timeline
8 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Great minds think alike!

What works for one may not work for another.  

Return all mail to post office, change your locks, file for divorce/annulment, cut off all contact that is how you protect yourself without games and drama.  Save texts messages if you have them but purposely baiting him is not right in my opinion.  If you don't see him, contact him, or threaten him what evidence would he have IF he did go to the police??  Doesn't that make the baiting and entrapment unnecessary??  

I am not trying to bait him. This is emotionally and physically draining.  That's why I just had to cut contact. One moment he loves me and wants to reconcile, the next there is nothing left and he can't trust me etc. Then it's oh I miss you I want to see you can we meet tomorrow. Tomorrow comes then it's oh I am not comfortable this will never work etc. I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS!!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, August97 said:

I am not trying to bait him. This is emotionally and physically draining.  That's why I just had to cut contact. One moment he loves me and wants to reconcile, the next there is nothing left and he can't trust me etc. Then it's oh I miss you I want to see you can we meet tomorrow. Tomorrow comes then it's oh I am not comfortable this will never work etc. I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS!!! 

Exactly what I am saying all that back and forth is unnecessary drama you don't need.  I didn't say you were baiting him.  I was responding to the other advice given for you to send him messages to get evidence.  I'm glad to hear you have cut off all contact and can move on with your life.  I'm sure it will be a weight lifted.  Good Luck to you.  I'm sorry things didn't work out better.

7 minutes ago, August97 said:

It was stupid on my part but I was angry.  Also, he left his home before I said anything of the sort. Told me it wasn't his home and he wanted to go back to his country.  Even tried leaving the weekend before and I convinced him to stay. I did everything in my power but he left.  My family even went out of their way to try to make him feel comfortable. 

Even his mother said I know you didn't mean it and he knows it too, he is just embarrassed the way he left and doesn't know how to fix it. 

He was rude and talking bad to me and his mother before he left. She messaged me one day asking if I was ok because she knew if he was talking bad to her he was also talking in that manner to me. I said yes he is but I am trying to be understanding and be as supportive as I can. But nothing helped. So he used an argument as an excuse to pack his bags and go. 

I get that it is a difficult and painful situation for you, and I'm sorry you are going through this.  I hope things improve.  I agree with the advice to cut contact and do what you can to divorce.

8 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

It is NOT baiting and entrapment. It's getting the evidence she already knows about

If he is as wily as she says, he might be trying to get evidence for his case. Better to stay away, at least that's what I would do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

Annulment in California grounds for the Author situation:

• Either spouse perpetrated a fraud to obtain the other party's consent to marriage. The fraud has to go to the heart, or essence, of the marriage. A good example would be when one spouse persuades the other to marry because of a secret desire to remain in the United States.
  • One or both spouses is of "unsound mind" (meaning, a mental condition that prevents them from understanding and appreciating the nature and duties of marriage—including severe intoxication). 

and how much time do you have for to file for it

• If you're filing because you consented to marriage because of a fraud, you have to file within four years of the time you discovered the fraud.
  • If you're filing on the basis of an "unsound mind," you can file at any time before you or your spouse die. A relative or conservator of the sick person can also file for annulment.

https://www.divorcenet.com/resources/annulment/annulment-basics/california

None of which has been shown in this thread.

Seems you married in January and your spouse disappeared soon after. OP has been married for 18 months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

None of which has been shown in this thread.

Seems you married in January and your spouse disappeared soon after. OP has been married for 18 months.

I still feel there is fraud involved. I have many conversations where he is asking about his green card, the status of the green card, or stating he needs to see what to do about it etc. If he was only concerned about going to his country and being done with me as he says why is he so worried about his green card and asking me to write a letter stating it wasn't fraud? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, August97 said:

I still feel there is fraud involved. I have many conversations where he is asking about his green card, the status of the green card, or stating he needs to see what to do about it etc. If he was only concerned about going to his country and being done with me as he says why is he so worried about his green card and asking me to write a letter stating it wasn't fraud? 

Feelings are irrelevant, and anyway he is here now so nothing you can do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Exactly what I am saying all that back and forth is unnecessary drama you don't need.  I didn't say you were baiting him.  I was responding to the other advice given for you to send him messages to get evidence.  I'm glad to hear you have cut off all contact and can move on with your life.  I'm sure it will be a weight lifted.  Good Luck to you.  I'm sorry things didn't work out better.

Thank you.  I am trying to pick up the pieces and move on.  Sure we had our issues before he came but, I never imagined things would play out like this.   

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

No, you are wrong about me, I was married for 7 months

he never wanted the divorce, but he was accused by crime by another person and then many fraud things were discovered, I did the annulment protecting myself from being involved in his crimes

21 minutes ago, dawning said:

If he is as wily as she says, he might be trying to get evidence for his case. Better to stay away, at least that's what I would do.

He is definitely trying to get evidence. He now refuses to talk on the phone or video, says he is being tracked and we can only chat because he is saving everything and is going to show immigration and the police. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I agree with LionessDeon.

Op, we all understand that you are hurt and angry and frustrated with your situation; however, the only person you have any control over is yourself. You can't control what your husband will or will not do nor can you get him to leave the country because of how you're feeling. What you can do and what you need to do is protect yourself and your child.

Cut off all communication with him, never physically be alone with him, divorce, move on and focus on yourself and your child's mental, emotional and physical well being. People that manipulate and play games won't stop no matter what and they know how to twist any communication around for their own benefit. 

Edited by Prystine

I'm the USC

K1 Visa Process:

• I-129F Packet Sent: 09/11/2015 (Sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox)
  • Delivery Confirmation: 09/16/2015
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notice): 09/18/2015 (Sent to CSC)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 09/26/15
  • NOA2 Received (Electronic notice): 10/06/2015
  • NOA2 Received (Hard Copy): 10/10/2015
  • NVC Received: 10/26/2015
  • NVC Case# Assigned: 10/30/2015
  • NVC Sent to Consulate: 11/02/2015
  • Consulate Received: 11/05/2015
  • Packet 3 Received: 11/12/2015
  • Packet 3 Sent (DS160 Completed & Visa Fee Paid): 11/21/2015
  • Medical Date: 12/16/2015
  • Interview Date: 01/14/2016 (approval pending medical paperwork from Visa Medical Dr. office)
  • Medical Paperwork Sent: 01/27/2016
  • Medical Paperwork Received by Embassy: 02/03/2016
  • Visa Approved: 02/04/2016
  • Visa Issued: 02/05/2016
  • Visa Received: 02/11/2016
  • US Entry (POE): 03/12/2016
  • Applied for SSN: 03/17/2016
  • SSN & Temp Card Received: 03/23/2016
  • Marriage Date: 04/21/2016

AOS/EAD/AP Process:

Spoiler
  • I-485/I-797/I-131 Packet Sent: 05/10/2016 (Sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 05/12/16
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notices): 05/19/16 (for all 3: AOS, EAD & AP)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copies): 05/23/16 (Notice date of 5/18/16 for all 3)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 06/10/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 06/20/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Completed: 06/20/16
  • EAD/AP Approved: 07/28/2016 {Day 76}
  • EAD/AP Card Received: 08/03/16 {Day 82}
  • DL Tests passed & 1yr. DL issued: 08/18/16
  • AOS Approved: 08/29/16 (Interview waived & Approval notice received in the mail on 9/1/16) {Day 108)
  • 2yr. Greencard Received: 09/09/16 {Day 119)
  • Updated info. w/Social Security Office: 09/22/16
  • Updated info. w/DMV & New 4yr. DL issued: 09/22/16
  • New Permanent SSN Card Received: 09/28/16

1st Date we can File ROC: 05/30/18

ROC Process:

Spoiler
  • I-751 Packet Sent: 06/11/18 (Sent to California Service Center)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 6/13/18
  • Check Shows Cashed: 6/28/18
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 6/30/18 (Notice date of: 06/26/18)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 3/16/19 (Notice date of: 03/08/19) - USCIS Biometrics Waiver Notice Received
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: N/A - (USCIS is resusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Notice of Transfer Received: 3/21/19 (Notice date of 03/15/19 )- USCIS transferred case to the Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA for processing.
  • Interview Date: N/A - (Interview waived, received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 of update to case. It was  the ROC Approval with and approval date of 4/17/19)
  • ROC Approved: 4/15/19 (Received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 with an approval date of 4/17/19. Received Hard Copy in the mail on 4/20/19 with a Notice date of 4/15/19)
  • 10yr. Greencard Received4/24/19

1st Date we can File Naturalization (N400): 05/30/19

Naturalization Process:

• N-400 packet Sent: 3/13/2020 (Submitted online via the USCIS Website)
  • NOA1 Received (Elecctronic Notice): 3/13/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 3/20/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 3/14/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/21/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 3/30/2020 (OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to COVID-19, haven't received cancellation/reschedule notice yet... 😭
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/10/2020 (Notice date of: 12/10/2020) - USCIS Biometrics Reuse Notice Received
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 12/15/2020
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. for: N/A - (USCIS is reusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Interview Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/29/2020 (Notice date of: 12/29/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 12/30/2020
  • Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 1/11/2021
  • Interview Date: 02/17/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to Hazardous Weather Conditions; waiting for reschedule notice. 😭
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Electronic Notice): 2/17/2021 (Notice date of: 2/17/2021) - voicemail from USCIS advising of cancellation received on 2/16/2021; document itself viewable online on 2/20/2021
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Hard Copy): 2/26/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 2/22/2021 (Notice date of: 2/22/2021) - Document itself viewable online on 2/24/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/1/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Date for: 4/13/2021 (at 8:45am; OKC local Field Office) - Received recommended for Approval paper from USCIS Officer, waiting for confirmation and oath ceremony to be scheduled.
  • Naturalization Approved: 4/13/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 4/14/2021 (Notice date of: 4/14/2021) - Document itself viewable online same day.
  • Oath Ceramony Letter Received (Hard Copy): 4/23/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Date: 4/27/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Oath completed, naturalization certificate in hand :dance:
  • Update SSN Info Appt. Scheduled for: 6/4/2021 - update from LPR to US Citizen w/SS Office...Done, waiting on new ss card in mail.
  • Updated SSN Card Received: / /
  • Updated Drivers License Received: / /
  • Applied for US Passport: / /

image.gif

Timeline
34 minutes ago, August97 said:

Well he needs to go. He even asked me to buy him a ticket home which I agreed but when it came down to it of course he backed out. 

As you mention, whether he goes or not is in his hands, if you are that keen on paying for the ticket strongly suggest you will reimburse him once he gets home. And you have evidence.

Obviously nothing to stop him coming straight back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.