tiase777

Filin for my children if could get a waiver mother late

39 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, felipeTAYA said:

uhm no.. an LPR can petition for their children as well.  This could be started as an LPR and upgraded afterward.  There's zero reason to wait to send the petitions. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

uhm no.. an LPR can petition for their children as well.  This could be started as an LPR and upgraded afterward.  There's zero reason to wait to send the petitions. 

I know that, even if waits for that date, he won't have time to get anything ready.  

45 minutes ago, felipeTAYA said:

I know that, even if waits for that date, he won't have time to get anything ready.  

How long did it take you to prepare your documents?  One afternoon and we were ready... it's not that much work if someone has their things in order already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

How long did it take you to prepare your documents?  One afternoon and we were ready... it's not that much work if someone has their things in order already.

Agree

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Lets see, for a IR2 or F2B, you need birth certificate for child, I-130, green card (or naturalization certificate OR US passport [OR US birth certificate, which does not apply to OP])... and that's it.  If you can't put that together in an hour something is wrong.   Granted, maybe you don't have the children's birth certificates and you need to order them etc, but really that would be the ONLY thing that would hold someone back.  This is isn't a spousal visa.  You don't need to prove a bonafide relationship. At the embassy the OP will likely be asked to submit a DNA test. 

1 hour ago, felipeTAYA said:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Lets see, for a IR2 or F2B, you need birth certificate for child, I-130, green card (or naturalization certificate OR US passport [OR US birth certificate, which does not apply to OP])... and that's it.  If you can't put that together in an hour something is wrong.   Granted, maybe you don't have the children's birth certificates and you need to order them etc, but really that would be the ONLY thing that would hold someone back.  This is isn't a spousal visa.  You don't need to prove a bonafide relationship. At the embassy the OP will likely be asked to submit a DNA test. 

I have birth certificates and pictures i took with and divorce degree but i do not have dead certificate sge has not been buried yet

1 minute ago, tiase777 said:

I have birth certificates and pictures i took with and divorce degree but i do not have dead certificate sge has not been buried yet

You don't need her death certificate to petition the children.  You probably would need it at interview to show why you do not have her consent for the children to immigrate. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I understand what your saying perfectly fine. Nigeria is a patriarchal society and it’s very possible for the father to retain full custody although he’s abroad. When the couple separates the father under most circumstances are custodians of their unlike in America where custody normally goes to the mother. Sir as far as your dilemma goes, you will need a death certificate or whatever document is legally issued in Nigeria to confirm death. Had the mother not expired you would’ve had to furnish a notarized letter from her giving consent to take the child abroad. It might also help to have pictures of the burial ceremony, statements from her Family attesting to her death. Expect for the embassy to send someone into the community to confirm all that you say. This is all done to protect minors from being absconded with. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.