Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, madisonsquare said:

Hi what time of the day the oath ceremonies are held in Newark? What is the last ceremony everyday? 

They do Oath 5 times a day, no fix timing but every 2-3 hours. Around 180-200 people take oath daily.  They have big hall to accommodate 50 people with social distance. The last oath is between 4-5PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Very quiet in this forum. Has anyone had any interviews scheduled on Newark recently? I filed in October 2020 and I was hopeful that I would hear something by now but still nothing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, paul139 said:

Very quiet in this forum. Has anyone had any interviews scheduled on Newark recently? I filed in October 2020 and I was hopeful that I would hear something by now but still nothing.

See timeline below.  Interview next week

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
On 8/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, HemSur said:

Hello ALL,

I am also done with my N400 journey today. The interview was simple and quick.

Thank you all forum members. Past posts helped me in preparation.

I hope all will soon get the interview. 

Thanks

It's been a while since I was in Newark....is there parking close to the USCIS office in Newark?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

It's been a while since I was in Newark....is there parking close to the USCIS office in Newark?

yes , couple of them, In front and back of the building , 2 - 5 minutes walk. $18 - $20 all day parking.

Hi All,

My interview is coming up real soon and I think I have a stupid question.

I know we have to study for the 2008 Civics test at this time, however do the answers have to be exactly phrased as in the answer form? Would appreciate if anyone can tell their experience. 

For example (2008 Form civics):

Question - What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

Answer - obey the laws of the United States

My Answer - This would be to obey the law of the United States

Would my answer be acceptable, same meaning but phrased differently, and are these questions in verbal? Getting nervous now, so I start questioning myself. 

Edited by NJGuy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, NJGuy said:

Hi All,

My interview is coming up real soon and I think I have a stupid question.

I know we have to study for the 2008 Civics test at this time, however do the answers have to be exactly phrased as in the answer form? Would appreciate if anyone can tell their experience. 

For example (2008 Form civics):

Question - What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

Answer - obey the laws of the United States

My Answer - This would be to obey the law of the United States

Would my answer be acceptable, same meaning but phrased differently, and are these questions in verbal? Getting nervous now, so I start questioning myself. 

Don't overthink it. How you phrased it is okay 😊

Good luck! 

Timeline

Hi all...posted this message in a few threads...I field for ROC (I-751) in February 2019 and for N400 in June 2020.  I received a notice back in July for N400 interview, but never received an interview notice for the I-751.  Our N400 interview was this past Friday, September 10 and the officer adjudicated the i-751 at the same time in a combo interview - we went prepared for a combo interview.  Both approved, and since Newark, NJ does same day Oath Ceremony, the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on the same day.  The i-751 portion took about 5 mins: we were not separated and the officer asked the following in the following order:

* to the US citizen spouse: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

when did you get married?

how did you meet your spouse?

* to the applicant: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

We took a lot of additional evidence but was never asked to produce any of it.  We believe that it is probably because when giving the officer the original documents (birth certificates, green card, marriage certificate, first child's birth certificate etc), we also handed him the hospital birth records for the birth of our second child less than a month ago.

The N400 portion was about 15 mins, and straightforward: the 50 Yes/No questions that are in the application, 6 civics questions and confirming/signing of documents. 

Good luck to all!   See timeline in signature below for details.    

Edited by Duncan21

On 9/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, J91939 said:

Don't overthink it. How you phrased it is okay 😊

Good luck! 

9 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Hi all...posted this message in a few threads...I field for ROC (I-751) in February 2019 and for N400 in June 2020.  I received a notice back in July for N400 interview, but never received an interview notice for the I-751.  Our N400 interview was this past Friday, September 10 and the officer adjudicated the i-751 at the same time in a combo interview - we went prepared for a combo interview.  Both approved, and since Newark, NJ does same day Oath Ceremony, the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on the same day.  The i-751 portion took about 5 mins: we were not separated and the officer asked the following in the following order:

* to the US citizen spouse: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

when did you get married?

how did you meet your spouse?

* to the applicant: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

We took a lot of additional evidence but was never asked to produce any of it.  We believe that it is probably because when giving the officer the original documents (birth certificates, green card, marriage certificate, first child's birth certificate etc), we also handed him the hospital birth records for the birth of our second child less than a month ago.

The N400 portion was about 15 mins, and straightforward: the 50 Yes/No questions that are in the application, 6 civics questions and confirming/signing of documents. 

Good luck to all!   See timeline in signature below for details.    

Thank you both for confirming, and telling your experience. My interview is this week so please pray for me.

@Duncan - Congratulations on finally closing this chapter!

Hi All,

I had my interview and ceremony today. So I’m officially a citizen and very proud! Thank you all for help and advise on this forum. It was most definitely comforting and helped with the stress to see that we are not alone in this process.

About the interview the officer was very kind and approved me quickly. I only had to wait on the oath ceremony for about two hours. Time passed quick as I found some great people to talk with while waiting. Staff overall was very warm and welcoming. My last advise is to no worry to much, I did and it was not necessary.

Thank you all, my journey ends here!

NJGuy

Edited by NJGuy

Timeline
10 minutes ago, NJGuy said:

Hi All,

I had my interview and ceremony today. So I’m officially a citizen and very proud! Thank you all for help and advise on this forum. It was most definitely comforting and helped with the stress to see that we are not alone in this process.

About the interview the officer was very kind and approved me quickly. I only had to wait on the oath ceremony for about two hours. Time passed quick as I found some great people to talk with while waiting. Staff overall was very warm and welcoming. My last advise is to no worry to much, I did and it was not necessary.

Thank you all, my journey ends here!

NJGuy

Congratulations!  

Timeline
On 8/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, HemSur said:

Hello ALL,

I am also done with my N400 journey today. The interview was simple and quick.

Thank you all forum members. Past posts helped me in preparation.

I hope all will soon get the interview. 

Thanks

Hello ALL,

Here is the status for our Passport.

Aug 26 : Passport appointment in local post office (took appointment 10 days before). Applied regular service (12 weeks , but told 3-4 months)

Sep 14 : Application Approved

Sep 20 : Received by mail.

25 days to get the passport. Original certificate take another 2 weeks in another mail.

Thanks

Edited by HemSur

3 hours ago, HemSur said:

Hello ALL,

Aug 26 : Passport appointment in local post office (took appointment 10 days before). Applied regular service (12 weeks , but told 3-4 months)

25 days to get the passport. Original certificate take another 2 weeks in another mail.

Thanks

Quick, I applied expedited on the 14th. Hopefully I can have it soon as I travel mid-October.

Timeline
16 hours ago, HemSur said:

Hello ALL,

Thanks

That is quick - I applied for expedited on September 13 and was told up to 3 months.

12 hours ago, NJGuy said:

Quick, I applied expedited on the 14th. Hopefully I can have it soon as I travel mid-October.

Please keep us posted as I have similar timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.