TRWulf

Scheduling Interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance and I have completed our DS160 form and are in the process to set up an interview date. We have paid the required fee and received a proof of payment Deposit Slip after paying the fee at a VNPost.

On the website, it requires us to enter a "Receipt Number" before we can schedule an interview date. Does anyone know where I can get this "Receipt Number?"
It isn't on the Deposit Slip that we got from the VNPost after we have paid the DS160 fee.

visa_receiptNum.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

I may be wrong but isn’t that the number you get from NVC?

I believe TNJ17 is correct. It should be on your paperwork.

Timeline
3 hours ago, TRWulf said:

Hello,

My fiance and I have completed our DS160 form and are in the process to set up an interview date. We have paid the required fee and received a proof of payment Deposit Slip after paying the fee at a VNPost.

On the website, it requires us to enter a "Receipt Number" before we can schedule an interview date. Does anyone know where I can get this "Receipt Number?"
It isn't on the Deposit Slip that we got from the VNPost after we have paid the DS160 fee.

visa_receiptNum.png

I dont remember us having to put in another receipt number. When you pay for it, the interview should open up for you in 24 hrs. 48 hrs if you paid it after a certain time of the day. NVC gives you the case number not the receipt number. So if you already paid then the receipt number should already be attached to the account.  Atleast in my experience . It should also be in your deposit slip, its called " So Hop Dong"

Edited by K&N2609

Your receipt from VNPost should have a series of numbers on it. That's your receipt number. Look for something called CGI Reference Number.

Post a pic of the receipt from VNPost.

Edited by frontgear

Irritating when an OP does not follow through with completion with their post.  This is a community help forum. Your question could be a question for others.  

Maybe stop being SELFISH and post the final answer so others who have not experienced your dilemma will know for their experience.  This will also prevent duplicate questions in the future about the same topic

4 hours ago, chi6488 said:

Irritating when an OP does not follow through with completion with their post.  This is a community help forum. Your question could be a question for others.  

Maybe stop being SELFISH and post the final answer so others who have not experienced your dilemma will know for their experience.  This will also prevent duplicate questions in the future about the same topic

Maybe he/she has not had time to re-visit the thread or forum, yet.

Timeline
On 12/14/2017 at 6:27 AM, chi6488 said:

47 minutes ago, TRWulf said:

Dude, don't be that selfish guy. At least have the decency to post an update so others may be benefited from this, so they don't have to post another thread asking about it, like you.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, frontgear said:

Dude, don't be that selfish guy. At least have the decency to post an update so others may be benefited from this, so they don't have to post another thread asking about it, like you.

First off, don't call me "dude." I'm not your dude.
Second, like everyone else, I have a busy life and don't exactly have time to post every 10 minutes.
I have no issue responding and am more than willing to follow up on an issue but when I get an attitude and lecture from some random person on the internet...

6 minutes ago, TRWulf said:

First off, don't call me "dude." I'm not your dude.
Second, like everyone else, I have a busy life and don't exactly have time to post every 10 minutes.
I have no issue responding and am more than willing to follow up on an issue but when I get an attitude and lecture from some random person on the internet...

That was a typo. Sorry, I meant to say "douchebag."

You seem to have the time to ask a bunch of questions but no decency to reply to one post. You could have posted an update in less time than it took you to quote me.

The spirit of this forum is to "give and take", not to "take and run."

Have a great day and good luck on your interview.

4 hours ago, frontgear said:

That was a typo. Sorry, I meant to say "douchebag."

You seem to have the time to ask a bunch of questions but no decency to reply to one post. You could have posted an update in less time than it took you to quote me.

The spirit of this forum is to "give and take", not to "take and run."

Have a great day and good luck on your interview.

I agree and I am sure many others think the same

• 7 months later...
Timeline
On 12/22/2017 at 10:13 AM, frontgear said:

I was looking for an answer to this exact question. My case is not approved by USCIS yet but I am trying to be as prepared as I can and not wait until the last minute for information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.