Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

I've contacted them, my Senator and the Ombudsman. I'm waiting on a response. 

I can't believe you're going through all of this still. It's beyond ridiculous and frustrating. You're still in my prayers. I'm mostly coming back on this board these days to make sure I'm here to celebrate with you when you FINALLY get approved! (And you will.)

Timeline
14 hours ago, JenD said:

You need the DS-160 confirmation with the barcode and the confirmation/instructions from the appointment website. What you do need for the medical, though, is something from the NVC or the embassy that says your petition was approved AND that has the case number (we had the letter from NVC, I don't think we ever got anything from the embassy other than an email to my fiancé after the DS-160 that directed him to the interview appointment website (we printed that, too).

Lol this morning, my fiance literally received a packet from the London embassy just as I was reading this. Thank you though! Looks like we have everything now!

Timeline
1 hour ago, britishandusa said:

Lol this morning, my fiance literally received a packet from the London embassy just as I was reading this. Thank you though! Looks like we have everything now!

Yay! Great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 1/26/2018 at 2:41 AM, AK&JO said:

Yes I couldn't wait for the instruction packet... 😆😂 so

step1:

I completed and submitted DS-160

(1/18)

step2:

got an interview date -earliest time it was shown on the reservation website on Feb 5th (1/18)

step3:

packet with NVC number letter came and reserved health exam

(1/21)

But according to @Minori, you can get an health exam appointment only by case number if you have enough lead time to get case number letter from embassy?

How long did it take you to get your case number letter from the embassy? I got confirmation on the NVC tracker that it is at the consulate yesterday. We went ahead and booked the medical for 2/9, hoping that the documents would come in time. I'm starting to second guess myself that a week might not be enough, but generally things get mailed pretty fast in Japan...

Any insight?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, watahana87 said:

How long did it take you to get your case number letter from the embassy? I got confirmation on the NVC tracker that it is at the consulate yesterday. We went ahead and booked the medical for 2/9, hoping that the documents would come in time. I'm starting to second guess myself that a week might not be enough, but generally things get mailed pretty fast in Japan...

Any insight?

10 days 

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

10 days 

Thank you.

I've been thinking: I have the email from NVC that has the case numbers on it. I wonder if that is enough or if they need the actual packet.

"US大使館からの書類(Case Numberが載っているもの)" or "Letter from the US embassy (Please make sure the Case Number is written)" in English. 

Will probably have him call and confirm.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, watahana87 said:

Thank you.

I've been thinking: I have the email from NVC that has the case numbers on it. I wonder if that is enough or if they need the actual packet.

"US大使館からの書類(Case Numberが載っているもの)" or "Letter from the US embassy (Please make sure the Case Number is written)" in English. 

Will probably have him call and confirm.

I think that is enough it says or!

call them though they were really nice :) 

Timeline

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Yeah, I think I'll just have him call. 

It has the case number, but since it is from the NVC it's technically not from the US Embassy. ): I'll let you know when I find out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Guys, I have a question. Is there DS260 or thats DS160? 

I am done with DS160, i haven't submitted it yet, when i pay for the visa, will i use the Invoice number that they have provided. We have the case number and invoice number, will i use the invoice number when i pay for the visa?

I am very stressed, i don't know why Singapore is making so difficult for me to receive the packet, infact its just a very small country. I need that packet or letter to request for the police clearance and CENOMAR.

I will try to request for the police clearance using the NOA2 letter like what others did here, like in tokyo. I will also use it to request for CENOMAR, but the thing is all these documents will be send directly to US embassy here. 

we are almost there, i know we are still blessed because we are already in this stage. :(

Timeline
11 minutes ago, RioMica said:

Hi Guys, I have a question. Is there DS260 or thats DS160? 

I am done with DS160, i haven't submitted it yet, when i pay for the visa, will i use the Invoice number that they have provided. We have the case number and invoice number, will i use the invoice number when i pay for the visa?

I am very stressed, i don't know why Singapore is making so difficult for me to receive the packet, infact its just a very small country. I need that packet or letter to request for the police clearance and CENOMAR.

I will try to request for the police clearance using the NOA2 letter like what others did here, like in tokyo. I will also use it to request for CENOMAR, but the thing is all these documents will be send directly to US embassy here. 

we are almost there, i know we are still blessed because we are already in this stage. :(

Ds-160

you can use either number I believe but maybe go with embassy case number.

for cenomar did you check if it can be done with noa2? 

I'm sorry... for the extra stress this is causing you..

Edited by Naes

Timeline
2 hours ago, watahana87 said:

2 hours ago, Naes said:

Yeah, I think I'll just have him call. 

It has the case number, but since it is from the NVC it's technically not from the US Embassy. ): I'll let you know when I find out!

I just called Seibo (read: he didn't want to so I called internationally :P) and they said that it doesn't have to be from the Embassy as long as it has your name and the NVC number on it. 

I'm trying to file the DS-160 today and he doesn't have his pictures taken. I'm on visajourney every day trying to figure this stuff out and he's so go-with-the-flow that it has started to drive me crazy.

BTW the soonest interview date has moved out from Feb 5th  to Feb 26th. Perhaps there was a cancel that happened and a date freed up so it looked like you could schedule an interview really fast. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, watahana87 said:

I just called Seibo (read: he didn't want to so I called internationally :P) and they said that it doesn't have to be from the Embassy as long as it has your name and the NVC number on it. 

I'm trying to file the DS-160 today and he doesn't have his pictures taken. I'm on visajourney every day trying to figure this stuff out and he's so go-with-the-flow that it has started to drive me crazy.

BTW the soonest interview date has moved out from Feb 5th  to Feb 26th. Perhaps there was a cancel that happened and a date freed up so it looked like you could schedule an interview really fast. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Wow if you told me I would call and ask!!!

yeah with japan embassy it's usually cancellations you get thank you for the info!! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, watahana87 said:

Any insight?

Hi @watahana87

I understand that is the most frustrating time before you get the letter from Embassy in Japan.

For my case I specifically called and confirmed which date my approved doc sent from NVC to embassy and that was on on Jan 10th.

And the letter from Embassy (brown envelope)arrived to my home address in Tokyo on Jan 21st. So that was about 11 days. 

Hope yours come soon!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AK&JO said:

Hi @watahana87

I understand that is the most frustrating time before you get the letter from Embassy in Japan.

For my case I specifically called and confirmed which date my approved doc sent from NVC to embassy and that was on on Jan 10th.

And the letter from Embassy (brown envelope)arrived to my home address in Tokyo on Jan 21st. So that was about 11 days. 

Hope yours come soon!

Also did you or your fiancé receive anything from NVC? Like an NVC letter? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.