mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, A-and-B said:

Filed for AOS+EAD+AP in December 2017, biometrics appointment done in January, still haven't received AP & EAD, but just received an I-485 Interview Date.

Woohoo! That's exciting because you may get your green card before you get your ead/ap and that's amazing !!!  Congrats !! When is your interview ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

What status you changing from ? 

K1/out of status. (Arrived on K1, got married within 90 days, but filed a few months after the initial 90 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Woohoo! That's exciting because you may get your green card before you get your ead/ap and that's amazing !!!  Congrats !! When is your interview ?

I don't expect to get the EAD/AP... Long story, went to an InfoPass session at the Portland USCIS office when I didn't get my AP/EAD within 3 months. The representative said there seemed to be an anomaly with our case. the AOS was almost at the last step (awaiting to schedule interview date), but the AP & EAD were still awaiting background check, but both of those forms should have been approved at the same time as the AOS as they only do one background check and normally approve (or reject) all the forms at the same time. I filed a USCIS Service Request for a case review to explain/verify why the EAD&AP hadn't been pushed through at the same time as the AOS, but still haven't received a response on that since March 26th.

I don't have the date in hand yet, I only received the e-notification that an interview date had been scheduled for my I-485. My lawyer also called to notify me and said they normally give you a date 30 to 60 days ahead.

Edited by A-and-B
typo

29 minutes ago, A-and-B said:

I don't expect to get the EAD/AP... Long story, went to an InfoPass session at the Portland USCIS office when I didn't get my AP/EAD within 3 months. The representative said there seemed to be an anomaly with our case. the AOS was almost at the last step (awaiting to schedule interview date), but the AP & EAD were still awaiting background check, but both of those forms should have been approved at the same time as the AOS as they only do one background check and normally approve (or reject) all the forms at the same time. I filed a USCIS Service Request for a case review to explain/verify why the EAD&AP hadn't been pushed through at the same time as the AOS, but still haven't received a response on that since March 26th.

I don't have the date in hand yet, I only received the e-notification that an interview date had been scheduled for my I-485. My lawyer also called to notify me and said they normally give you a date 30 to 60 days ahead.

I've seen a lot of cases where people get the AOS interview done and greencard issued before any updates on EAD/AP so I think it's pretty common since they aren't processed in the same place, especially in field offices that aren't that busy.  Our field office is one of the busiest in the country so we'll be lucky if AOS is approved before EAD/AP expires!  Congrats on moving to the last phase so quickly!

Timeline
2 hours ago, A-and-B said:

Crazy.. 

All i know is that EAD and AP are processed by the national benefit center 

And AOS is processed in a city in your State.  Thats why some people like myself wait crazy time for their AOS to be approved and some people get their AOS before their EAD/AP. and some even without an interview.

At the end of the day a green card beats ead anyday!

1 hour ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

finally, my case status has changed to

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

i hope this card comes in the mail quick.. i'm tired of sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. 127 days so far. This has been a long ride. and i expect the interview scheduling to be longer.

Congratulations! :)

Ahhhh what a great day to wake up to several identical emails from USCIS saying "We are reviewing your case..." yawn! That was round number 3!

But.... this day is too sunny: No case trackers today, no waiting. Going to Busch Gardens (amusement park) here, and spend some time in "Germany" there with my hubs! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Timeline
2 hours ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

finally, my case status has changed to

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

i hope this card comes in the mail quick.. i'm tired of sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. 127 days so far. This has been a long ride. and i expect the interview scheduling to be longer.

Congrats !!! You'll probably get the card in about 7-10 days !!! 

5 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Congratulations! :)

Ahhhh what a great day to wake up to several identical emails from USCIS saying "We are reviewing your case..." yawn! That was round number 3!

But.... this day is too sunny: No case trackers today, no waiting. Going to Busch Gardens (amusement park) here, and spend some time in "Germany" there with my hubs! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

thanks. You should get your approval soon also

3 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Congrats !!! You'll probably get the card in about 7-10 days !!! 

thanks.. yeah, i really hope it won't go past 10 days

Timeline
36 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

thanks. You should get your approval soon also

thanks.. yeah, i really hope it won't go past 10 days

I cant imagine that.

Now time to job search!!

19 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

"New Card Is Being Produced" just came in as email for the case number of my EAD.

So relieved, yay! :)

YAY!!!! So happy!  I'm sure you're gonna miss receiving those emails every week telling you they haven't touched your case :) 

14 minutes ago, spike198 said:

YAY!!!! So happy!  I'm sure you're gonna miss receiving those emails every week telling you they haven't touched your case :) 

Thanks!

That was just in time, since my dental bill will cost a new SUV and I actually wanted to hang myself, haha!

For the protocol:

The email was only regarding EAD. Online tracker old is updated on EAD, not AP. Both App trackers are updated on EAD, not AP.
And the new online tracker (the one with the security code) is not updated.

I have sent a service request for EAD and was supposed to receive a reply until April 28th, but have heard nothing yet. 

And... it is Day 132 :) 

OMG, how relieved this girl is!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

"New Card Is Being Produced" just came in as email for the case number of my EAD.

So relieved, yay! :)

Yay!!!! Finally!!!   

I knew you'd get it soon! 

Time to celebrate! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.