nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,so I have a question,while I wait for NVC to contact me concerning my case number what are the necessary documents I should get ready?then for the police certificate i’ll Will submit to them Can I submit the one I submitted to USCIS last year?for the photocopies i’ll Send to them are the going to be certified?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bluretto said:

Hello everyone,so I have a question,while I wait for NVC to contact me concerning my case number what are the necessary documents I should get ready?then for the police certificate i’ll Will submit to them Can I submit the one I submitted to USCIS last year?for the photocopies i’ll Send to them are the going to be certified?

You have to get a new police cert bcos according to NVC police cert last for just 1year.the document you need to prepare are your marriage cert,birth cert,passprt

For more info while you prepare for your case number go to nvc.state.gov you will see all the steps and how to prepare.Goodluck

Timeline
1 minute ago, Henken23 said:

You have to get a new police cert bcos according to NVC police cert last for just 1year.the document you need to prepare are your marriage cert,birth cert,passprt

For more info while you prepare for your case number go to nvc.state.gov you will see all the steps and how to prepare.Goodluck

Ofcourse you can submit the one you submitted to USCIS if hasn't passed 1year 

Dear all, been trying to demystify Nebraska in the past few day by reading the threads here. Just want to say thank you for contributing to the forum. I am really helped.

I have a question myself that needs enlightenment: will filing AR-11 result in transferring of processing center because of the jurisdiction? I wish a miracle happens in the next few months and hate to see any hiccup if I move.

Thanks in advance. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, NintendoXbox said:

Dear all, been trying to demystify Nebraska in the past few day by reading the threads here. Just want to say thank you for contributing to the forum. I am really helped.

I have a question myself that needs enlightenment: will filing AR-11 result in transferring of processing center because of the jurisdiction? I wish a miracle happens in the next few months and hate to see any hiccup if I move.

Thanks in advance. :D

No if you change your address it has absolutely no bearing on where your application gets processed. The service center that is selected is done so randomly. Note that many change of addresses do not go through the way they are supposed to. So make sure you have proper mail forwarding in place as there is still a very good chance correspondence will be sent to the old address.

Edited by acidrain

6 hours ago, Bluretto said:

For most of countries police certificates are valid only for 6 months, I wouldn't risk to use it for over that period.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ASMS said:

For most of countries police certificates are valid only for 6 months, I wouldn't risk to use it for over that period.

Nigeria its 3month but at nvc it's still valid for 1year Google it 

1 hour ago, Henken23 said:

Nigeria its 3month but at nvc it's still valid for 1year Google it 

Usually you don't suppose to say people to Google something you are sure about, you post the information that valid your answer in the forum.

You are talking about Nigeria, either you are assuming everyone is from Nigeria in here, or that all embassies works in the same way, and none are true. 

@Bluretto hasn't put yet his/her country, and NVC doesn't handle in the same way all the documentation equally from each country.

About the police report validity for NVC stage has the following note:

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

You are more than 16 years old;

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable police certificates, use the Document Finder above.

In some cases, it won't be valid for more than 6 months. Something that you can read from some individuals in visajourney.

I did read the information about the Nigerian police report FOR consular stage, which it says indeed that is valid for 1 year.

Edited by ASMS

5 hours ago, acidrain said:

No if you change your address it has absolutely no bearing on where your application gets processed. The service center that is selected is done so randomly. Note that many change of addresses do not go through the way they are supposed to. So make sure you have proper mail forwarding in place as there is still a very good chance correspondence will be sent to the old address.

That' great. Many thanks!

Timeline
6 hours ago, ASMS said:

Usually you don't suppose to say people to Google something you are sure about, you post the information that valid your answer in the forum.

You are talking about Nigeria, either you are assuming everyone is from Nigeria in here, or that all embassies works in the same way, and none are true. 

@Bluretto hasn't put yet his/her country, and NVC doesn't handle in the same way all the documentation equally from each country.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable police certificates, use the Document Finder above.

In some cases, it won't be valid for more than 6 months. Something that you can read from some individuals in visajourney.

I did read the information about the Nigerian police report FOR consular stage, which it says indeed that is valid for 1 year.

You are not even close to nvc stage and you are here dishing out what you don't know about I told you to go to Google and confirm from .nvc.state.gov and I told you in Nigeria police headquarters recognised by NVC the police report they give only last for 3month but NVC says it last for 1year with them.Pls read what i posted beofre you talk

Timeline
6 hours ago, ASMS said:

I only said in Nigeria I didn't tell you or write it there that the person is from Nigeria.pls make sure you read well before you reply.Thank you.I don't give information am not sure of I give information bcos I have passed thru it and tell people not to depend ONLY On what I say I back it up with evidence so they will understand better

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

Hello everyone,so while sending the police clearance,marriage certificate,birth certificate etc to NVC  do I need to send our call logs,messages to each other?

No you only send the document they request and your call logs and messages to each other are not included you could only take your call logs and messages to your interview.They will gve you a cover letter so send all the requested documents in the cover letter only 

5 hours ago, Henken23 said:

You are not even close to nvc stage and you are here dishing out what you don't know about I told you to go to Google and confirm from .nvc.state.gov and I told you in Nigeria police headquarters recognised by NVC the police report they give only last for 3month but NVC says it last for 1year with them.Pls read what i posted beofre you talk

My I-130 was already approved, so idk what you mean with me not close to the NVC stage. I'm not here just affirming so secure about my individual experience, when other people cases might fall into a different circumstances.

If you already passed everything, what are you doing in this topic? oh yes, I can imagine, thinking that own the truth just because you successfully already went through?

In so many topics in visajourney you can see more experienced members advising the police report, as the medical examination are valid only for 6 months. And it was the advice of my lawyer too.

Also, the information I give is always with evidence, I don't tell people to Google stuff.

BTW, the ",.,:,;" are not just accessories in the text, they are necessary so it doesn't seem you are just spitting out words.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.