nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Haiti
Timeline
24 minutes ago, T.R said:

My husband just got our NOA2 in the mail , super excited!!! PD february 28 2017. 

I'm confused ur timeline says 11/28. Is there something else u filed for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jenn2714 said:

I'm confused ur timeline says 11/28. Is there something else u filed for?

That’s when they received the NOA2. They received the NOA1 in February. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 11/30/2017 at 12:40 PM, JustinS said:

That's sad considering. The tier 2 rep I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about my reasons. I would think getting out of Egypt is a much better reason.  I was told 5 days but "Don't call in 5, give us 15 before you do", so I guess I'll be calling at the end of next week. 

Have you gotten an answer on your expedited request yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, T.R said:

My husband just got our NOA2 in the mail , super excited!!! PD february 28 2017. 

Hey Congratulations ;)

you are out of Nebraska finally :) yay 

good luck on NVC stage it'll be much better then Nebraska don't worry :)

24 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I have heard nothing from mine, and I did it last Monday

Well I did mine the 21st and didn't hear anything until the 4th.  And even then its a "We're on it"   not an answer.

22 minutes ago, Mme ab said:

Please in which cases can we expedicted request?

The USCIS may expedite an application or petition if it meets at least one of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation;
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JustinS said:

Well I did mine the 21st and didn't hear anything until the 4th.  And even then its a "We're on it"   not an answer.

well so much for them getting us an answer in 5-10 days

Just now, Khallaf said:

well so much for them getting us an answer in 5-10 days

Officially I-130's were 6 months too.  Now its 8-10.  I don't expect any less when the script itself says "5 days but don't call in 5 we may take up to 30"

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mme ab said:

Please in which cases can we expedicted request?

just need to look at the website or call customer care...you can ask for an expedite just need to try and figure out which reason it falls under.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JustinS said:

Officially I-130's were 6 months too.  Now its 8-10.  I don't expect any less when the script itself says "5 days but don't call in 5 we may take up to 30"

shouldn't expect anything less from the Government.

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

shouldn't expect anything less from the Government.

It's an amazing thing....  immigrate to the UK.... it only takes 6 weeks but you lose your career and need an exorbitant amount of money in the bank.... or have your family immigrate to the US.... where we keep you apart for a year just to see if you can handle it.

Timeline
Just now, JustinS said:

It's an amazing thing....  immigrate to the UK.... it only takes 6 weeks but you lose your career and need an exorbitant amount of money in the bank.... or have your family immigrate to the US.... where we keep you apart for a year just to see if you can handle it.

or at times more than a year. They prob think the longer we are apart that we will break and divorce and then they don't have to worry about finishing the papers....I am lucky to get to see my spouse every 6 months for a few weeks at a time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.