nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

So finally my case online status was also updated yesterday and it says " case has been sent to department of state" yayyy 😁😁 I'm so excited and can't wait to contact NVC and find out about my new case number and id... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, tcy said:

So finally my case online status was also updated yesterday and it says " case has been sent to department of state" yayyy 😁😁 I'm so excited and can't wait to contact NVC and find out about my new case number and id... 

Congratulations good to hear that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Most recent updates Nebraska:

NOA1 Dec 12 - Bangladesh - Approved

NOA1 Mar 1 - Antarctica - RFE (request for evidence)

NOA1 Dec 20 - Senegal - RFE

NOA1 Feb 27 - USA (AOS) - Approved

NOA1 Mar 1 - Antarctica - RFE (request for evidence)

Antarctica?????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

NOA1 Mar 1 - Antarctica - RFE (request for evidence)

Antarctica?????

Believe it or not I saw ANOTHER approval for Antartica earlier this month with a Feb 08 NOA1 (same date as mine). I was sitting there thinking.... REALLY?

Edited by acidrain

7 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Believe it or not I saw ANOTHER approval for Antartica earlier this month with a Feb 08 NOA1 (same date as mine). I was sitting there thinking.... REALLY?

Thank you for keeping us updated. My iPhone doesn't allow me to keep track of similar cases like Android would. 

Unfortunately for me, it seems like they are catching up on Nov and Dec and then skipping right over the end of Feb. Sigh....

Congrats to everyone. A lot of approvals recently.

Feb 2, 2017...still waiting.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TX&BC said:

Thank you for keeping us updated. My iPhone doesn't allow me to keep track of similar cases like Android would. 

Unfortunately for me, it seems like they are catching up on Nov and Dec and then skipping right over the end of Feb. Sigh....

Congrats to everyone. A lot of approvals recently.

Feb 2, 2017...still waiting.

I am so sorry to hear that! I was really hoping you would have an approval by now.

I am seeing Nebraska hit Feb pretty hard so I think you and others still waiting from Jan/Feb should get something in the next couple of weeks (I am not just saying that either).

It takes about a week for them to update the website (it did for me both approvals).

I will continue to keep everyone updated as much as I can.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to @Sundee and everyone else who has received their approvals! I'm officially one week away from the one year mark (PD Dec 6) and am starting to lose all hope. About 2 weeks ago I received a response to my inquiry that said that my case is IN LINE to be reviewed by an officer, meaning that my case hasn't even been touched! Yet, people who filed MONTHS after me are getting their approvals?! I can't help but to be completely ticked off by this whole process because it is far from fair.

Are there any early December filers left who haven't received their approvals?

Edited by Alexis9294

2 hours ago, tcy said:

Many many congratulations🎉🎊

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Alexis9294 said:

Congratulations to @Sundee and everyone else who has received their approvals! I'm officially one week away from the one year mark (PD Dec 6) and am starting to lose all hope. About 2 weeks ago I received a response to my inquiry that said that my case is IN LINE to be reviewed by an officer, meaning that my case hasn't even been touched! Yet, people who filed MONTHS after me are getting their approvals?! I can't help but to be completely ticked off by this whole process because it is far from fair.

I don't mean to sound like a repetitive robot as I am sure you have been asked this before. Have you tried following up with a Tier 2 supervisor? What did they say?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I don't mean to sound like a repetitive robot as I am sure you have been asked this before. Have you tried following up with a Tier 2 supervisor? What did they say?

Actually I haven't. Do you just call and ask to speak to tier 2? Will they be able to offer information that a tier 1 can't? I always thought it was useless to call so I never tried it. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alexis9294 said:

Actually I haven't. Do you just call and ask to speak to tier 2? Will they be able to offer information that a tier 1 can't? I always thought it was useless to call so I never tried it. 

1) Call the USCIS phone number 1-(800)-375-5283

2) Explain to Tier 1 that you are out of processing times that your NOA1 date is before their current processing times on their website

3) Ask to speak to Tier 2 (try calling now or first thing in the morning)

4) Tier 2 usually takes 2-4 hours to call you back

5) Explain the situation to Tier 2 that you are out of processing times

6) Tier 2 will send a Service Request directly to Nebraska. Nebraska has up to 15 total days to respond to the SR

7) Follow up with Tier 2 every week to make sure they are making progress

Yes. Tier 2 can look at exactly what is going on with your file and if it is approved. The website takes up to a week to get updated if your case is approved and depending on where your NOA2 gets mailed to it could be even longer. Your file might actually be approved but only Tier 2 can see this information. They can see whether your file is in progress or if it has been assigned to an officer. Hope that helps :)

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
2 minutes ago, acidrain said:

1) Call the USCIS phone number 1-(800)-375-5283

2) Explain to Tier 1 that you are out of processing times that your NOA1 date is before their current processing times on their website

3) Ask to speak to Tier 2 (try calling now or first thing in the morning)

4) Tier 2 usually takes 2-4 hours to call you back

5) Explain the situation to Tier 2 that you are out of processing times

6) Tier 2 will send a Service Request directly to Nebraska. Nebraska has up to 15 total days to respond to the SR

7) Follow up with Tier 2 every week to make sure they are making progress

Yes. Tier 2 can look at exactly what is going on with your file and if it is approved. The website takes up to a week to get updated if your case is approved and depending on where your NOA2 gets mailed to it could be even longer. Your file might actually be approved but only Tier 2 can see this information. They can see whether your file is in progress or if it has been assigned to an officer. Hope that helps :)

You're awesome @acidrain thank you so much for all the information. I really appreciate it!

17 minutes ago, Alexis9294 said:

You're awesome @acidrain thank you so much for all the information. I really appreciate it!

It's definitely a good time. Tier 2 had a 4 minute wait when I called about 15 minutes ago. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alexis9294 said:

Alexis9294, thank you and yes I know how it felt to see others approved that filed after you. If you were told you are “ In Line”  actually that’s good as soon you will hear you are being “Reviewed” so hang in there. I began to believe my approval would never get here, but it did and so will yours when you least expect it and it’s a great feeling when you receive this wonderful words. 

Hang In there and keep busy..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.