nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Crysta said:

What fantastic news!!! My pd is December 30, 2016. I hope I'm near. Congratulations!! Onward you go!

Thank you very much dear! Yes inshaAllah you also hear something very soon..stay positive!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, tcy said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share good news..alhamdulillah my petition got approved on 22 November after almost 344 days lonnng waitt...my i-129 was closed on same date as well.i just got call from my in laws...they got the letter in the mail this morning U.S. time. 😁😁😁 My PD was Dec 13 so I hope my approval should give hopes for all my vj member friends who are still awaiting their NOA2. Good luck to all of them ☺ and don't loose hope! InshaAllah all of us will get through this process someday 

Congratulations. I'm so happy for u. My PD day is also Dec 13th 2016 and yet nothing from USCIS. No RFE or approval. I'm so sad and frustrated. I don't even know how I'm feeling again. I'm so emotional right now. I'm so tired

1 hour ago, MrsKhan said:

Hi tcy. Looking  at your timeline I see you are from UAE. I m currently in London but lived in UAE all my childhood until I was 19. Can you guide me how can i get police certificate from UAE. What's the procedure? Tia

Hi Mrs khan. I think if you've lived in UAE before and  now are  currently living outside then I guess you'll have to personally go to UAE embassy in London and apply and request for one. That's one way but there might be other options. Anyways I just googled and found some information for you. Hope this helps you. Below is the link to that page. Please read through it and see if it assists you in someway 😊

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp

18 minutes ago, Oladipo said:

Congratulations. I'm so happy for u. My PD day is also Dec 13th 2016 and yet nothing from USCIS. No RFE or approval. I'm so sad and frustrated. I don't even know how I'm feeling again. I'm so emotional right now. I'm so tired

Ohh i understand but please don't loose hope...they're clearing lots of Dec 13 cases so it could be any day. you never know Maybe tomorrow will be your day ...you're very close to getting out of it. It will happen soon :)

Btw did you guys also apply for both i129 and i130? Keep checking for online updates....in my case I got online update on 23rd that my i129 was closed on 22nd november and that itself is a strong sign that your approval is just about to come...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, tcy said:

Ohh i understand but please don't loose hope...they're clearing lots of Dec 13 cases so it could be any day. you never know Maybe tomorrow will be your day ...you're very close to getting out of it. It will happen soon :)

Btw did you guys also apply for both i129 and i130? Keep checking for online updates....in my case I got online update on 23rd that my i129 was closed on 22nd november and that itself is a strong sign that your approval is just about to come...

Yes we filed both I-130 and 129f. And nothing yet. My hubby called USCIS this evening, a lady picked it up. Is that tier 2 or he suppose to still ask for his call to be transfer to tier 2? Bcos nothing from the Lady since, Still the same old story( under processing). I really need to unite with my husband soon. This pain is too much. Tired of crying my eyes out

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Oladipo said:

Yes we filed both I-130 and 129f. And nothing yet. My hubby called USCIS this evening, a lady picked it up. Is that tier 2 or he suppose to still ask for his call to be transfer to tier 2? Bcos nothing from the Lady since, Still the same old story( under processing). I really need to unite with my husband soon. This pain is too much. Tired of crying my eyes out

To talk to Tier 2 you must call USCIS and request to be transferred. Most often a Tier 2 Supervisor will call you back several hours later as they are overwhelmed with calls.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, acidrain said:

To talk to Tier 2 you must call USCIS and request to be transferred. Most often a Tier 2 Supervisor will call you back several hours later as they are overwhelmed with calls.

Thank you. Will do just that

Edited by Oladipo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, luckyniz said:

Hi, please tell me which app i should install on my Iphone to track my I-130 status onward.   Thankyou in advance,

It is the USCIS APP. You can set your settings to follow cases like yours. But you first have to add your case. I am unsure if Iphone allows this app as I have an android.

I went to USCIS office and talked with an officer directly using infopass. The officer asked me why I applied for I130 for my spouse in USA as she is living abroad. This is so weird!! I can’t apply for 130 in her home country as I live in USA.

Next I asked her when I will get NOA2. My PD is February 3rd. She told me my wife might get letter for fingerprinting. Is this normal? I never heard of fingerprinting before NOA2. The officer I talked to seemed really confused. I told her that I know guys who applied after me and for NOA2 without fingerprint. She was really surprised to hear that. Finally she wasn’t able to give me more info about why fingerprinting is needed and told me just to wait. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Adlsdk said:

I went to USCIS office and talked with an officer directly using infopass. The officer asked me why I applied for I130 for my spouse in USA as she is living abroad. This is so weird!! I can’t apply for 130 in her home country as I live in USA.

Next I asked her when I will get NOA2. My PD is February 3rd. She told me my wife might get letter for fingerprinting. Is this normal? I never heard of fingerprinting before NOA2. The officer I talked to seemed really confused. I told her that I know guys who applied after me and for NOA2 without fingerprint. She was really surprised to hear that. Finally she wasn’t able to give me more info about why fingerprinting is needed and told me just to wait. 

It sounds to me the officer you got was under the impression you were doing AOS (adjusting status) instead of completing Consulate Abroad.

My suggestion would be to call USCIS and request to speak to a Tier 2 supervisor. If they ask why simply state you would like to know whether your case is being worked on. Some Tier 1 reps will not allow the transfer if you are considered within normal processing times. Just keep calling until you get someone who agrees to put in the request and then Tier 2 will call you back (usually 2-4 hours later). Tier 2 has access to your file and can tell you whether your file is being worked on.

Unfortunately it does not sound like the person you spoke to today was helpful in any way.

19 minutes ago, Adlsdk said:

That officer obviously doesn't know anything. You filed the right petition, you did nothing wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline

Well, I finally received a reply for the service request I had submitted on Nov. 2nd. At least now I have hope that an officer has picked up my file and it's not collecting dust somewhere. Now, we continue to remain calm and patient and not lose our minds lol. Thought I'd keep you all posted. PD DECEMBER 30, 2016.

status.jpg.fc14f9813529a3aedb594077100a944d.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Well, I finally received a reply for the service request I had submitted on Nov. 2nd. At least now I have hope that an officer has picked up my file and it's not collecting dust somewhere. Now, we continue to remain calm and patient and not lose our minds lol. Thought I'd keep you all posted. PD DECEMBER 30, 2016.

status.jpg.fc14f9813529a3aedb594077100a944d.jpg

That is great news. When I received that very same email I was approved in abt 3 weeks..So basically you are under background check now..

Its coming... Keep your faith and I’m so happy to see progress.

Edited by Sundee
Meant email not text

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.