smilesammich

Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host

210 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The muppet is on a role. Stone needs to be investigated.

.And to think that just last week he was lecturing anyone who would listen about sexual harassment and respect for women. Lesley Stahl tape?
4 minutes ago
donald trump

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That was mentioned a few time today...

I was wondering how the MDL would spin this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, it would be a bummer if one were caught on tape talking about sexual assault.

trump gave campaign speech about how he was going to sue women who had accused him of sexual misconduct...

he really is dumb going down this path, especially as he hasn't distanced himself from Moore. He's gone silent again, probably awaiting further instructions from Stone. A lot of bad news has come out today, so he lamely attempts to distract.:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

See the difference between Moore and Franken? Franken apologies immediately, makes no excuses and even agrees to an ethics investigation. Moore on the other hand blames everyone else including his victims.

In saying that it would not surprise me over the next few weeks to hear more celebrities and politicians being accused of sexual predatory.

The difference could very well be that Moore is innocent.  Not saying he is or isn't, but you are pointing out something that would tend to happen in that scenario.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

3 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

QUOTE: Roger Stone says it's Al Franken's "time in the barrel". Franken next in long list of Democrats to be accused of "grabby" behavior.

I'm sure creepy Joe Biden will have his turn soon.

3/10/2013 - Married

05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

This was a sexual assault with real photographic evidence, committed by a current member of the U.S. Senate.  Not only should he resign, but he should be charged with a crime and prosecuted.  Due to the photo evidence, anyone supporting Franken at this point is an enabler of sexual assault.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/16/breaking-journalist-accuses-senator-al-franken-of-fondling-her-photographic-proof/

"Leeann Tweeden, a journalist who anchors the morning news at TalkRadio 790 KABC in Los Angeles, California, is accusing Senator Al Franken (D-MN) of fondling her while asleep and shoving his tongue down her throat without her consent."

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

3 hours ago, jayjayj said:

This was a sexual assault with real photographic evidence, committed by a current member of the U.S. Senate.  Not only should he resign, but he should be charged with a crime and prosecuted.  Due to the photo evidence, anyone supporting Franken at this point is an enabler of sexual assault.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/16/breaking-journalist-accuses-senator-al-franken-of-fondling-her-photographic-proof/

"Leeann Tweeden, a journalist who anchors the morning news at TalkRadio 790 KABC in Los Angeles, California, is accusing Senator Al Franken (D-MN) of fondling her while asleep and shoving his tongue down her throat without her consent."

Well said. Solid evidance. He needs to resign for the good of the party 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Well said. Solid evidance. He needs to resign for the good of the party 

What would we do if this was just anyone doing the same thing to a sleeping woman on board a commercial flight?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, IDWAF said:

It may not set well with you, but there ARE people who make false claims to exact vengeance toward others.

And while I think every single one of these dudes needs to go down if they did wrong... the women won't get much justice because they waited too long.

it may not set well with me? like i already posted..

Myths: “Lots of women cry rape when they regret sex.”

“Women accuse celebrities and athletes of rape all the time for money and attention.”

“The definition of ‘rape’ is so loose these days – women can claim anything is rape and get away with it.”

“They didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute, so she was probably lying.”

“If she was really raped she would have called the police.”

Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI). So while they do happen, and they are very problematic when they do, people claim that allegations are false far more frequently than they are and far more frequently than for other crimes.  Put another way, we are much more likely to disbelieve a woman if she says she was raped than if she says she was robbed, but for no good reason.

On a related note, only about 40% of rapes are ever reported to the police, and this is partly because victims know that if their claim becomes public, their every behavior will be scrutinized, they will be shamed for their sexual history, and they will be labeled as lunatic, psychotic, paranoid, and manipulative.  Just because someone does not report their crime does not mean it did not happen.  Furthermore, only one in two claims lead to prosecution, so if the DA decides not to prosecute, that says nothing about whether or not it happened.  (http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

it may not set well with me? like i already posted..

I don’t think anyone is saying the claims are false more often then they are not, just that a judicial process has to be followed to verify the claims first.  Just as we don’t want to incarcerate or worse yet execute an innocent person, we do not want to destroy an innocent person over these claims as well even if it is only 2%. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I remember when I first heard Franken was running for office. I had reservations then, and these events essentially confirm my initial reservations.

Being an actor and going into politics is already bad. Being a comedian and going into politics is worse. I am not surprised he had these sorts of things in his closet. I hadn't thought of him over the last couple of weeks of allegations coming out, but now that it happened it isn't that surprising. Comedy is not an "equal workplace" for men and women, and I'm sure a lot of this goes on (and that is wrong).

I'm glad he apologized and is supportive of an investigation. It does seem a little funny to me for him to essentially say it is true, and then support an investigation. If he knows he did it, he should just own up to it so people can skip the investigation. 

I agree with what others have said here. He should stand down. I have a zero tolerance policy for this sort of thing. As I said before - Congress needs an open mic night, let all of these grievances be heard, and then truly "drain the swamp" of everything. Before we can talk about differences of political opinions I think we all need to be decent human beings.

In my mind that swamp clearing would include Trump though, which I know many here would disagree with. I found it hilariously hypocritical of him in his tweet about "Where does Franken's hands go?". We all know where Trump likes to put his hands...

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

I don’t think anyone is saying the claims are false more often then they are not, just that a judicial process has to be followed to verify the claims first.  Just as we don’t want to incarcerate or worse yet execute an innocent person, we do not want to destroy an innocent person over these claims as well even if it is only 2%. 

i disagree. trump supporters quickly buy in to trump's claim that all his accusers are lying. with moore it's, gee um *head scratch* how do we figure out who's telling the truth, oh well it was a long time ago. now with franken, it seems the right is clinging to the picture when the picture isn't even the sexual assault that tweeden was most repulsed by..but let's focus on the picture because that's proof. tweeden's account of what happened with the forced kiss is secondary.

4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

It is difficult because unless the victim comes forward incredibly quickly (which doesn't happen often) actual evidence of events occurring are very hard to come by. It ends up being a "he said, she said". While in the court of law the burden lies on the accuser, knowing that many of the accusations are real saddens me to think that so many people guilty of assault would get off just because of a lack of evidence. But that frustrates me about our legal system in a lot of cases. One of the reasons I wouldn't make a good lawyer. I'd want to be Daredevil style. Try to deal with it in court, but if the court fails and I know the person is guilty I still want them to suffer.

That is why for me multiple accusations from separate unrelated people does hold a lot of weight. It still doesn't provide "proof" but as I said most of the time we will never have direct "proof".