smilesammich

Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA Model And Radio Host

210 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Eric-Pris said:

unless I misread it, Franken is being accused of sexual assault for inappropriate touching, no?

you didn't misread anything. but look into the difference between sexual assault and rape. google perhaps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

you didn't misread anything. but look into the difference between sexual assault and rape. google perhaps.

One is a sub set of the other.

And if you are going to suggest people start googling around this please mention not to include Images.

Or video

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

One is a sub set of the other.

And if you are going to suggest people start googling around this please mention not to include Images.

Or video

really. so if you're charged with sexual assault, you are also charged with rape? 

had no idea that the same people who support stand your ground would be so perplexed about the concept of assault, personal space and self defense. definite head scratcher.

and i apologize, i assumed the search would be framed as a question - as in, what is the difference between sexual assault and rape. and i just searched it myself, to be sure i wasn't corrupting any of you and had no nsfw anything pop up. of course your mileage may vary. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

really. so if you're charged with sexual assault, you are also charged with rape? 

had no idea that the same people who support stand your ground would be so perplexed about the concept of assault, personal space and self defense. definite head scratcher.

and i apologize, i assumed the search would be framed as a question - as in, what is the difference between sexual assault and rape. and i just searched it myself, to be sure i wasn't corrupting any of you and had no nsfw anything pop up. of course your mileage may vary. 

Rape is one form of sexual assault, there are others which are not so intrusive.

Al sticking his tongue down your throat would be another.

Or gabbing your top bottom.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Rape is one form of sexual assault, there are others which are not so intrusive.

Or grabbing you by the p***y.

Edited by bcking

do you think i'm who posed the question? the question was "when did touching a breast become "sexual assault" (aka rape)"

1 minute ago, bcking said:

Or grabbing you by the p***y.

got to watch it when quoting POTUS, you might get a time out.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

do you think i'm who posed the question? the question was "when did touching a breast become "sexual assault" (aka rape)"

Sexual assault as I mentioned covers many things, including that example of cats. Rape is one of them not the only one.

Perhaps now would be a good time to remind everyone that VJ is a family friendly site, does make it difficult to discuss the likes of Al and Bill.

Edited by Boiler

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sexual assault as I mentioned covers many things, including that example of cats. Rape is one of them not the only one.

Perhaps now would be a good time to remind everyone that VJ is a family friendly site, does make it difficult to discuss the likes of Al and Bill.

And Moore, and Trump

Could we maybe just use the abbreviation ISC  "inappropriate sexual Contact" from here forward to describe whatever which bad boy did.

It would avoid 4 pages of 3 paragraph posts about what the proper legal charge was and who said what in which post in which thread.. Jez Louise.

I am going to say this after much reflection. I dont think what Franked did, deserves 1/2 the attention it's getting. and its certianley not removal from senate worthy.

do I think he is a MDL ####### yes. However unlike most I try to separate my political leanings from reality.  Guess that why I own the MOR 

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, bcking said:

Well we don't really need to because Franken admitted to the original accusation. 

If you'd like me to we can go through it. One accusation would have a 0% chance of being false, and if you multiply the rest of the accusations by it (regardless of their independent risk of being false) we have a 0% chance that he didn't sexually harass anyone. 

I feel like at least that level of math can be handled here.

OR it could have a 100% chance of being false.  I took statistics also.  Three times. 

1 minute ago, IDWAF said:

OR it could have a 100% chance of being false.  I took statistics also.  Three times. 

If he admitted to the accusation then that accusation is a 0% chance of being false and 100% chance of being true.

Unless he is lying about it, but that would be highly counterintuitive in this scenario. But to be fair maybe it's more of a 99% chance of truth or something, accounting for the fact that Al may also being lying.

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, bcking said:

I think I've been the only one here arguing for the (not exclusive) use of quantitative estimates of innocence for Moore. As long as we are both on the same page, I think we are good. 

You're still making the false assumption that criminal matters can be reduced to a mathematical problem with a simple solution or probability of an outcome.  Flawed thinking my friend.  This is not how statistics should be applied.