Cheddar Cheeze

Filling Out I-129F - "Additional Info" Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Simple question. When adding additional information in Part 8, do you write "see part 8 for additional information' or fill it out the best you can then continue in Part 8?

Also, in regards to photo evidence, we are putting the evidences onto a word document in a clear book. We have 6 pages based on the date taken with 3 photos on each page. Does it matter if it is in chronological order? I was thinking of putting the latest page of photos first. And how many photos is sufficient? I'm seeing mixed answers of 6-8, or as much as you can. Any advise is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I imagine everyone did it a different way, probably, but I did something similar to you. My fiancé's address was five-ish lines long, so I just wrote, "see part 8" every time it was referenced. As long as you have some system of organization, hopefully they'll be able to figure it out. And as for pictures, I think it depends on how much other evidence you have. Boarding passes, receipts, passport stamps, etc are just as effective as pictures, so if you have a good balance of "hard" evidence, then probably you wouldn't need more than ten pictures or so. But, that being said, frontloading your case can make things go smoothly later on, so a good amount of all kinds of evidence might help down the road. Just don't overdo it--I saw a thread on here where someone had roughly 100 photos in their file, and that's just too much. The officer reviewing it needs evidence that you have a relationship with your fiancé, so however much evidence is necessary to tell that story.
And again, organization is probably appreciated by the USCIS officer reviewing your file, but I don't think having the photos out of order would disqualify your case. But the easier your case is to follow, the better.

Edited by Kush_Omaded

You are definitely free to say "see part 8" rather than cutting off information. In fact, I'm sure they'll prefer that.

Photos are ALWAYS secondary evidence and are not really considered during the I-129f filings. They can show that you both were at a location at a certain date IF it is also backed up by I-94 entry, credit card statements, boarding passes, etc..

For example:

A photo of you and your fiance taken at London Bridge at what looks to be summer time. Included primary evidence includes boarding passes at London England airport in August.

A photo of an engagement ring. Included primary evidence would be an engagement ring receipt.

A photo of you both having a fancy meal together. Included primary evidence would be a receipt from the restaurant on the same date printed on the back of the photo.

Include as many photos as you can. Even just a couple are fine. Remember they are secondary and should be backed up by primary evidence!

Each photo should be on its own page with the names of who appears in the photo / date / location listed on the back of the photo.

Edited by Peot

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kush_Omaded said:

I imagine everyone did it a different way, probably, but I did something similar to you. My fiancé's address was five-ish lines long, so I just wrote, "see part 8" every time it was referenced. As long as you have some system of organization, hopefully they'll be able to figure it out. And as for pictures, I think it depends on how much other evidence you have. Boarding passes, receipts, passport stamps, etc are just as effective as pictures, so if you have a good balance of "hard" evidence, then probably you wouldn't need more than ten pictures or so. But, that being said, frontloading your case can make things go smoothly later on, so a good amount of all kinds of evidence might help down the road. Just don't overdo it--I saw a thread on here where someone had roughly 100 photos in their file, and that's just too much. The officer reviewing it needs evidence that you have a relationship with your fiancé, so however much evidence is necessary to tell that story.
And again, organization is probably appreciated by the USCIS officer reviewing your file, but I don't think having the photos out of order would disqualify your case. But the easier your case is to follow, the better.

Thank you for your response. Next question would be, should I type "See part 8" in 1 line of the address section, or all lines? I believe we have around 30 pics, in which some were from over 2 years ago. So we may cut those out, and leave most from 2017. 

9 hours ago, Peot said:

You are definitely free to say "see part 8" rather than cutting off information. In fact, I'm sure they'll prefer that.

Photos are ALWAYS secondary evidence and are not really considered during the I-129f filings. They can show that you both were at a location at a certain date IF it is also backed up by I-94 entry, credit card statements, boarding passes, etc..

For example:

A photo of you and your fiance taken at London Bridge at what looks to be summer time. Included primary evidence includes boarding passes at London England airport in August.

A photo of an engagement ring. Included primary evidence would be an engagement ring receipt.

A photo of you both having a fancy meal together. Included primary evidence would be a receipt from the restaurant on the same date printed on the back of the photo.

Include as many photos as you can. Even just a couple are fine. Remember they are secondary and should be backed up by primary evidence!

Each photo should be on its own page with the names of who appears in the photo / date / location listed on the back of the photo.

Thank you for the tip, that was very detailed. We'll keep that in mind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I just left it at the top of the first line, and I think that ought to do it.

As for the pictures, I'd recommend having some from every year of your relationship. The ones from two years ago can be valuable in showing how your relationship has progressed until now. So maybe a good mixture from each year. Just corroborate them with receipts or passport stamps, if you have them, and you should be in business.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Kush_Omaded said:

I just left it at the top of the first line, and I think that ought to do it.

As for the pictures, I'd recommend having some from every year of your relationship. The ones from two years ago can be valuable in showing how your relationship has progressed until now. So maybe a good mixture from each year. Just corroborate them with receipts or passport stamps, if you have them, and you should be in business.

👍Great answers! I'll do just that. Thanks a bunch! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.