967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Olivia2804 said:

I am right there with you! I received an RFE request last Friday and sent the back docs the same day. How long did it take them to notify you that they had received it after your RFE packet was delivered?

I have read a lot that it roughly takes a week or two for them to approve after they have received it. Fingers crossed!!

I have to admit that my statut have change just 1 week after I have sent the files they were asking to tell me that they have received the files. Now I am waiting for some neeeeews. yes finger crossed !!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, butterfly789 said:

I have to admit that my statut have change just 1 week after I have sent the files they were asking to tell me that they have received the files. Now I am waiting for some neeeeews. yes finger crossed !!

@Olivia2804 is this the first RFE that you guys have? and btw is it initial or additional evidence? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, aasupp said:

@Olivia2804 is this the first RFE that you guys have? and btw is it initial or additional evidence? 

First RFE and it is initial evidence.

Which unfortunately means that for those of you who still have not heard anything yet, it might mean they haven't looked at your application at all as of now and when they do, and they realize that something is wrong/missing, they will send you an RFE. This is what happened to me, despite having already waited 5+ months and raised 2 SR (both SR were completed and said everything was fine LOL).

But the good news is, when they do send you RFE after so long, it usually means that they have actually started processing your case and they are just waiting on what is missing to finalize.

My RFE packet was delivered at Lees Summit today, so I am hoping for good news soon!

Also, contact your congressman! Mine was really helpful. Might not even have had RFE yet if he had not helped with my case.

Good luck!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Olivia2804 said:

First RFE and it is initial evidence.

Which unfortunately means that for those of you who still have not heard anything yet, it might mean they haven't looked at your application at all as of now and when they do, and they realize that something is wrong/missing, they will send you an RFE. This is what happened to me, despite having already waited 5+ months and raised 2 SR (both SR were completed and said everything was fine LOL).

But the good news is, when they do send you RFE after so long, it usually means that they have actually started processing your case and they are just waiting on what is missing to finalize.

My RFE packet was delivered at Lees Summit today, so I am hoping for good news soon!

Also, contact your congressman! Mine was really helpful. Might not even have had RFE yet if he had not helped with my case.

Good luck!

First one and initial for me too.

i was saying to myself thatbts the proof that at least they have begin to work on my case. Thank you for this little explanation ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
30 minutes ago, butterfly789 said:

First one and initial for me too.

i was saying to myself thatbts the proof that at least they have begin to work on my case. Thank you for this little explanation ;)

@Olivia2804 that’s good news, I received a RFE (initial) all the way back in December. Since then, silence. I don’t know what it means, the Ombudsman said like 10 ago they inquired with the USCIS about my case, but haven’t heard anything back. I even got the informed delivery by USPS to see if I got any mail :( I feel like I can’t wait any longer to get a job. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, aasupp said:

@Olivia2804 that’s good news, I received a RFE (initial) all the way back in December. Since then, silence. I don’t know what it means, the Ombudsman said like 10 ago they inquired with the USCIS about my case, but haven’t heard anything back. I even got the informed delivery by USPS to see if I got any mail :( I feel like I can’t wait any longer to get a job. 

I feel you, it is really slow and frustrating, but you contacted your congressman and he took action for your case. So hang in there, you will have good news soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/15/2018 at 11:57 AM, Olivia2804 said:

I am right there with you! I received an RFE request last Friday and sent the back docs the same day. How long did it take them to notify you that they had received it after your RFE packet was delivered?

I have read a lot that it roughly takes a week or two for them to approve after they have received it. Fingers crossed!!

hi based on my experience regarding RFE they dont even notify you and also even u checked ur cases status still says finger print received. so u will just need to hang and pray that they will touched ur papers fast im a nov filer and got RFE dec and within that week i sent it but its just this month of may that shows RFE response received

Timeline
15 hours ago, Emmz said:

hi based on my experience regarding RFE they dont even notify you and also even u checked ur cases status still says finger print received. so u will just need to hang and pray that they will touched ur papers fast im a nov filer and got RFE dec and within that week i sent it but its just this month of may that shows RFE response received

Thanks for sharing your experience :) I just received an email saying they received my RFE and started working on my case again. Fingers crossed!!

Timeline

Sooooo i just received a notification form the apps USCIS, telling me that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

Let’s see how many times it’s going to take! 

Timeline
On 22/05/2018 at 10:49 AM, SamSam85 said:

Hate to admit that I am still waiting for my EAD

Still waiting for it to and my AD...I am happy that the status on uscis have changed but all the rest seems “frozen”.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all! Been watching this thread for a while (first post :)  ) hoping to find someone with similar processing patterns. 

Husband applied for his AOS combo 11/6/2017, bio appt 12/15/17, received EAD/AP combo card 3/8/18.  

Up until then the case status for his AOS was "we have received your case, will let you know when it is time to schedule an interview..blah blah" then maybe coming on 2 months ago (end of march-ish) case status changed to "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."  So as per other filers suggested, we gave it some time and now I'm starting to really worry that something has happened.  We have had a very lucky time filing so far, no RFE, fairly painless.  However I'm wondering if our luck has run out.  When I call the USCIS phone number it still tells us "Your case is ready to schedule interview" but we have yet to receive anything in the mail regarding scheduling.  Our field office if Hartford CT and I just saw their processing times are horrendous but I did see some of us other November 2017 filers snuck through and got interviewed already!  Possibly this is the time to speak to a human over at USCIS just to make sure everything is still processing as it should?  Really hoping I'm not the only one experiencing this!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello guys! Just found this thread. Here is my current Status

- Sent my packet sometime in November 2017 :D

- Noa Date 11-29-17

- Biometrics Apppointment 12-21-17

- EAD/AP approved 02-14-18

- EAD/AP received 02-21-18

My issue is that the last update on my case was in January. It said that as of January 31st it was ready to be scheduled for an interview. After that I havent heard anything and its gone to "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case." 

1 hour ago, theredcomet said:

Hello guys! Just found this thread. Here is my current Status

- Sent my packet sometime in November 2017 :D

- Noa Date 11-29-17

- Biometrics Apppointment 12-21-17

- EAD/AP approved 02-14-18

- EAD/AP received 02-21-18

My issue is that the last update on my case was in January. It said that as of January 31st it was ready to be scheduled for an interview. After that I havent heard anything and its gone to "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case." 

My husband’s case was somewhat similar ... Applied in Nov, biometrics DEC, EAD/AP approved late JAN.  Our case has also been stuck on “ready to schedule interview” since Jan 31st.  But ours still says that.  So the fact that yours changed might mean something’s happening on your case!?

Strangely enough, I just received a TXT msg from USCIS indicating case # was updated.  It was for the EAD case, just now giving me the tracking # for the EAD/AP combo card that was received in January.  What a useful update :P     I wonder if maybe that means someone is updating my husband’s case file (and perhaps some action will happen on the AOS soon?) or maybe they’re all separate files/cases and it’s just someone updating status in the system for old cases.

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Put In for AOS, EA, and AP for my wife and two daughters.   On 11/27.  They sent back one of my daughters paperwork because we forgot one signature, then it was sent back again for non payment because they didn’t see we already paid for everything in the first packet.   So my daughters docs got settled in on 12/26.  

Got an RFE for my taxes information/income.   Sent back and they acknowledged 3/28.  Then got notification. They would decide our file within 90 days on that date.   Does that mean our AP and EAD or everything?   

Today they are working on 12/25 so I am going to try and open an ombudsman ticket tomorrow when they hit 12/26.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.