JJBUI3

November 2017 AOS

365 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
22 hours ago, Annicam said:

I’m on day 200 waiting for EAD/AP. After 2 service requests I received a letter 1-2 months later saying “you will hear something soon”. Not sure what “soon” is to them, cause it has now been 3 weeks since I received that letter. I see people that applied long AFTER me, receiving their EAD as early as February/March, so I’m worried something is wrong. But I guess they are working on my case as I received that letter, but I’m a little puzzled why it has taken so long when it says normal processing is 2-3 months, and I have almost waited 7 months (and that is just for the EAD!!)

I can’t believe that :( have you tried contacting the ombudsman or congressperson? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, I received this email yesterday: 

"Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office.  We have reviewed your request for case assistance and determined that USCIS recently issued a decision regarding the application/petition referenced in your request for case assistance.  If you do not receive the decision within 15 days, please contact USCIS"

I received the EAD about a month ago.. Do you think this is in regards to the case itself? Does it mean I am going to receive the interview letter?

I contacted them about the EAD a few months ago when it was taking a while.

05/13/2017 | Spouse entered U.S.

07/17/2017 | First date

10/13/2017 | Married! (L)

11/07/2017 | AOS Package sent via Fedex to USCIS

11/09/2017 | Package received! 

11/27/2017 | Receipt Notice Texts & Emails @ 11pm 

12/01/2017 | Hard copies of Receipt Notice in the mail

12/15/2017 | Biometrics Appointment letter received 

12/26/2017 | Biometrics Appointment

03/06/2018 | Called USCIS to open Inquiry for EAD

03/14/2018 | Opened Service Request online for EAD

03/23/2018 | Status Updated to "We are producing your card and will mail it to you"

03/26/2018 | Status Updated to "We approved your case"

03/29/2018 | Received EAD

Timeline
5 hours ago, davidindallas said:

Hi everyone, I received this email yesterday: 

"Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office.  We have reviewed your request for case assistance and determined that USCIS recently issued a decision regarding the application/petition referenced in your request for case assistance.  If you do not receive the decision within 15 days, please contact USCIS"

I received the EAD about a month ago.. Do you think this is in regards to the case itself? Does it mean I am going to receive the interview letter?

I contacted them about the EAD a few months ago when it was taking a while.

How long did the ombudsman take to help you with the EAD? I made a request five weeks ago and a month ago they said they reviewed my case and contacted USCIS...and since then, nothing. Five weeks, you may think they’re more helpful than that. 

13 hours ago, valkener said:

It seems like November filers are starting to get interviews? We got the EAD ~65 days after for which we were super thankful. Prayers to all.

Can I ask where you are seeing this, that November filers are starting to get interviews?

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

10 hours ago, Alex3344 said:

Can I ask where you are seeing this, that November filers are starting to get interviews?

Sure, on page 18 of this thread there are two users (Ansbekk and mrshoon) who wrote they were interviewed and approved. They seem to be November filers of 2017. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Interview has been scheduled. Now waiting for that letter to come through with a date! Hope status changes are beginning to happen for others too! 

Timeline

guys my EAD changed to "new card is being produced" i'm so happy! finally after +200 days waiting!

do you guys know how long it takes since they order it till it gets to me? i'm soo soo happy! can't wait!

Hey guys! so I got my letter for my interview and just curious what is meant by "all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status"? 

Also it asks for my husbands proof of residence which he happens to have LOST! his passport recently. we have applied for a new one today but they took his original birth certificate. (We are getting a new one from city clerk)! what other evidence could we provide? He has drivers license and SS Card.

Be great to get some advice! thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/7/2018 at 6:17 PM, Sarah_k92 said:

Hey guys! so I got my letter for my interview and just curious what is meant by "all documentation establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status"? 

Also it asks for my husbands proof of residence which he happens to have LOST! his passport recently. we have applied for a new one today but they took his original birth certificate. (We are getting a new one from city clerk)! what other evidence could we provide? He has drivers license and SS Card.

Be great to get some advice! thank you!

Our lawyer asked us to bring to our interview all the documents that will prove our marriage is bonafide, e.g. joint bank statement of accounts,  proof of joint health insurance(s), joint car insurance policies, joint car registrations, utility bills under both of our names,  apartment lease under both of our names, letter from my spouse's company HR stating his employment title, salary amount, if his job is full/part-time and me as an emergency contact person, my spouse's pay-stubs, photos (dating and wedding) establishing our relationship, Income Tax filed jointly and W2s and Original/Certified true copy of our marriage registration. (We are AOS based on marriage so these are the proof of our eligibility for lawful permanent residence)

If your husband is USC through birth, he has to bring his original birth certificate and US Passport and if he is naturalized US Citizen, he must also bring his Naturalized Citizen Certificate. Both of you must bring your state ID (if you have it). Our lawyer also said to bring all the correspondence/letters we received from the USCIS (NOA, I-485 interview and Biometrics appointment letter)

I was (beneficiary) told by our lawyer to bring my current and old passports,  original birth certificate (with English translation),  EAD/AP card and all documents establishing my legal entry to the US (In my case my H1B documentation, including my NOA), including my I-94.

We already submitted the Form I-693, Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination record when submitted our I-485 so we don't have to bring that to the interview. However, if you have not submitted it yet, you must bring that also to your interview.

He said to get copies for each of the Original documents that we will bring to the interview also. 

I hope that answers your question.

Timeline

Reposting on this thread too: I already have my EAD and AP combo card and I got the SSN card at the same time! Wohoo!

As soon as they produced it they mailed it like in two days! I got it here today because I guess they don’t mail on weekends. 

Anyways good luck to everyone! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, update!!

Last night we got an email stating case is ready for an interview. Now waiting for the letter to come through with a date! Hope status changes are beginning to happen for others too! 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Morty92222 said:

I filled on Nov 3rd and still waiting for anything regarding I-130 and I-485!!! I'm in San Antonio. That's insane! My passport expires in Jan 2019 :(

My passport was stolen during the process and I just reapplied for a new one. They don't compare the passport numbers at interview. You will be fine! Have you called or sent a inquiry? You should do that to chase it!

4 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

My passport was stolen during the process and I just reapplied for a new one. They don't compare the passport numbers at interview. You will be fine! Have you called or sent a inquiry? You should do that to chase it!

I did and they just told me it's waiting to be scheduled but the status online says "Recieved" I don't know if that means the online status will go directly to interview scheduled or still go to "Waiting to be scheduled for an interview." Do I need my passport to be valid during my interview? Have you had yours yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.