JJBUI3

November 2017 AOS

366 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

Quick update on my interview (AOS) at Nashville.

I had my interview on 11/13/2018. Our appointment time was at 8 am but we arrived early around at 7.30 am. We went through the security check-up. Need to show your ID and appointment letter. Got a token number like thing after security checkup. we were called in (20 min late than our appointment time). The person who  took our interview was the same person who called us in. Interviewer welcome us politely, asked how was our journey till here in the morning and always had a smiling face. As soon as we get in the office, interviewer ask to stand behind the chair and finish the oath thing. After that she ask to look into webcam like camera for biometric  and also did the both hand index finger scanning. Then she asked for both of our passports (my wife's passport was expired, USC), birth certificate and marriage certificate. Then she asked me my (beneficiary) full name, date of birth, country, date of marriage (she joked here 'million dollar question'), my wife name, her date of birth and finally verifying my signature on the application? If I am still  working at the same place as mentioned in the form? then she went the questions (yes/no) in the form about trafficking, terror activities, weapons, etc. Then she asked how we met, my wife answered most of the following questions (not directed particular to anyone but my wife volunteer for the questions). who pursued who? when friendship turn romantic? since when we are living together? how long you stayed together before you decide to get married?  any previous marriages, kids? who attended the wedding? why not big wedding (we just had court ceremony, we explained we are saving money for big wedding and travelling) ? then she asked if we got any financial mingling documents (we provide her bank statements, credit card copies) ? Any other copies you want to show me (I gave her bunch of copies of our bills, electric, internet, phone) ? Then we mentioned about the pictures too, she said she don't have to see any but few if we would like to show her.

She said everything looks good and she will run something and will let us know about her decision within 3-4 weeks. She walk us through till the exit. We spend 15-20 mins inside her office.

She was very polite and friendly. Every staff member we encountered were all nice and respectful. I would like to leave review about the center but the center option is not there in the drop down menu.

Good luck.

Edited by Aj-Ind

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

11/09/2018---  Intreview scheduled and receipt will be mailed to you
11/17/2018--- receipt received and interview is scheduled on 12/18/2018 at Santa Ana, CA office

Anyone knows if my wife and I are allowed to bring our 3 months old baby? not to prove the relationship because we can do that with birth certificate but just because no one around to keep our baby with during that time.

21 hours ago, 8eitghy2wo said:

Anyone knows if my wife and I are allowed to bring our 3 months old baby? not to prove the relationship because we can do that with birth certificate but just because no one around to keep our baby with during that time.

Yes, baby is allowed to attend. Hopefully, the baby won't be disruptive during the interview.

Spoiler

Aug 2011 - Arrived on F1 visa

09/06/2015 Started exchanging messages

10/13/2015 We met in person

07/01/2017 We got engaged!

10/31/2017 We got married!

11/08/2017 AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

(Priority Mail - USPS autocorrected zipcode to 60680-4187)

11/12/2017 Package delivered (Delayed due to USPS mistakenly took it to 60624 and Veteran's Day) 

11/13/2017 Received Date (Priority Date)

11/21/2017 Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (01:30 AM EST); checks cashed

11/28/2017 Received 4 NOA1 hard copies

12/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for i-485 and i-765)

12/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment

01/08/2018 **I-765 and I-131 Approved** (61 days)

01/16/2018 %%Received combo card%% (tracking shows USCIS sent it on Jan 11 from MO, then Jan 15 USPS closed for MLK day) 

01/20/2018 Received approval letters for EAD and AP

09/20/2018 Received text 'Interview was scheduled' and interview notice will be mailed

09/27/2018 Received Interview notice by mail

10/25/2018 Interview day

10/26/2018 I-485 case status updated to "We ordered your new card"

10/29/2018 Case Status updated to "We approved your Form I-485"

10/31/2018 Case Status updated to "We mailed your new card"

11/01/2018 My card was picked up by the USPS with tracking number assigned

11/05/2018 Green Card Received 

Side note: I turned my maiden name into second middle name. In the combo card, my given name is First Firstmiddleinitial, however on the back of the card, they attempted to list my second middle name. 

My application package:

Interview Experience:

On 11/19/2018 at 1:59 PM, 8eitghy2wo said:

11/09/2018---  Intreview scheduled and receipt will be mailed to you
11/17/2018--- receipt received and interview is scheduled on 12/18/2018 at Santa Ana, CA office

We brought our baby to the interview (~20 months old so technically a toddler, not a baby anymore). He was behaving really well at first, but when we were finally called inside after an hour wait, he (naturally) started to get antsy and refused to being held or sit still, insisted on walking around the room grabbing whatever he could grab. Looking back it's actually pretty funny, but we were pretty stressed that he'd upset the officer. At one point he ran towards the officer's desk while she was interviewing my wife and started to crawl underneath it. Luckily she's really nice and even joke around with us about it. 

Three month-old baby should be relatively much safer to bring along. If you managed to time it well you can even match the interview time with the baby's feeding schedule and hopefully he'll just sleep through the whole thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.