michellewillis

November 2017 I-751 Filers

2,169 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
7 hours ago, lazy said:

Regarding the greencard expiration,

I assume you're referring to the 18m extension notice for the greencard having run it's course, is that true?

Meaning, the greencard is set to expire in Nov 2017,

I-751 was filed, but taking a long processing time,

USCIS sends notice of long processing time and extends the GC for 18 months

May 2019 that extension has also run it's course,

Meantime, due to either RFE or interview or N-400, the I-751 is still not completed and the person is in an "expired GC state"

Is that what some of us Nov 2017 people are in?

If so, is there any action we are to take regarding the expired GC state?

Call USCIS now and schedule an infopass. They will do so within 2 days. They will give u a stamp valid for 1 year which you could then talk to DMV to get a driver's licence renewal with new extended status. That's what I did today

Timeline
6 hours ago, dilip said:

I never got my 

I never got my official 18 months extension letter.  I took inforpass appointment and stamped ( I-551) my passport on Jan 3, 2019 and will expire Jan 2, 2020.  My N-400 interview is on June 28, 2019.  Hopefully,  I will get both approval on that day.   Waiting for Julie+Matt's interview experience.  They are in the Philly local office, same as mine.

Mines July 8th right after yours Dilip :) out of tj same Philly office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, David1987 said:

Mines July 8th right after yours Dilip :) out of tj same Philly office

Hopefully they will approve I-751 at the same time.  N-400 interview letter did not say anything about joint interview and I sent an inquiry, but they did not reply.  I will wait for Julie+Matt's interview, which is tomorrow 6/13/2019 to get more about Philly office's standard practice.

Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, dilip said:

Hopefully they will approve I-751 at the same time.  N-400 interview letter did not say anything about joint interview and I sent an inquiry, but they did not reply.  I will wait for Julie+Matt's interview, which is tomorrow 6/13/2019 to get more about Philly office's standard practice.

My n400 didn't say anything about joint either. When I did my inquiry though, they said I'd have a combo interview. Let's wait to see how it went for @Julie+Matt

I hope they post an update today since we all patiently waiting to hear and celebrate their good news. Unless of course they out celebrating and forgot about us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, David1987 said:

My n400 didn't say anything about joint either. When I did my inquiry though, they said I'd have a combo interview. Let's wait to see how it went for @Julie+Matt

I hope they post an update today since we all patiently waiting to hear and celebrate their good news. Unless of course they out celebrating and forgot about us. 

Lol, we didn’t forget. I can’t say how your interview will go, but ours went well. I brought Matt over on a k1 visa back in 2015 & he’s finally a permanent resident! Honestly, the hardest part was the drive. We gave ourselves 3 hours for a 1:50 hour drive & made it 10 minutes before the interview time. There’s a small (probably 60 car) lot right next to the building that costs $20 to park. We were checked in and done in about an hour. We had no problem parking, but the interview was scheduled for 8:40am & by the time we left, the lot was half full. We waited about half an hour past our scheduled time to be called back. 

Good luck! Hopefully I helped some! 

992A008E-9A7A-4EA3-8AAF-453D42F7AE0E.jpeg

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Julie+Matt said:

Lol, we didn’t forget. I can’t say how your interview will go, but ours went well. I brought Matt over on a k1 visa back in 2015 & he’s finally a permanent resident! Honestly, the hardest part was the drive. We gave ourselves 3 hours for a 1:50 hour drive & made it 10 minutes before the interview time. There’s a small (probably 60 car) lot right next to the building that costs $20 to park. We were checked in and done in about an hour. We had no problem parking, but the interview was scheduled for 8:40am & by the time we left, the lot was half full. We waited about half an hour past our scheduled time to be called back. 

Good luck! Hopefully I helped some! 

992A008E-9A7A-4EA3-8AAF-453D42F7AE0E.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. I presume you Didn't apply for n400, or did u? I live in the city so it's a 4 mins drive from my house. Can you please share The details of the interview? ..like how long it was, what documents you were asked to provide and the questions you had to respond to?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, David1987 said:

Thank you for sharing. I presume you Didn't apply for n400, or did u? I live in the city so it's a 4 mins drive from my house. Can you please share The details of the interview? ..like how long it was, what documents you were asked to provide and the questions you had to respond to?

We only applied for the green card. It took, maybe 10 minutes. I had already sent in everything we had (we live with my brother, so our names aren’t on the lease). The interviewer had a file of literally everything I’ve sent in-which was weird to see. We weren’t really asked questions...just asked if we had any more evidence, after answering basic questions of our names, birthdate, wedding date & where we lived. Oh, & we had to swear an oath. 

We had more of a conversation with our interviewer. When we left, we were happy & relieved & most of the people in the waiting room were watching us & pointing. 

I dont want to get into trouble for saying something I’m not supposed to. I don’t know how yours will go, but ours went well. Good luck! 

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline
10 hours ago, Julie+Matt said:

We only applied for the green card. It took, maybe 10 minutes. I had already sent in everything we had (we live with my brother, so our names aren’t on the lease). The interviewer had a file of literally everything I’ve sent in-which was weird to see. We weren’t really asked questions...just asked if we had any more evidence, after answering basic questions of our names, birthdate, wedding date & where we lived. Oh, & we had to swear an oath. 

We had more of a conversation with our interviewer. When we left, we were happy & relieved & most of the people in the waiting room were watching us & pointing. 

I dont want to get into trouble for saying something I’m not supposed to. I don’t know how yours will go, but ours went well. Good luck! 

Congratulations! for your permanent residency.  I was under the impression that you are going for comb interview.   See you in N-400 board.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

FYI I submitted by RFE to TSC Wednesday June 12 via overnight delivery.

Today Mon June 17 I received a "We received your RFE" notice / NOA.

Fingers crossed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, lazy said:

FYI I submitted by RFE to TSC Wednesday June 12 via overnight delivery.

Today Mon June 17 I received a "We received your RFE" notice / NOA.

Fingers crossed.

Change your name from Lazy to Energetic - ha ha- Best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All, 

I wanted to share a summary of my experience here for Combo Interview. (yesterday June 18) 

- GC- (18 months) extension letter expiring on july 31st.

- I-751 send to Vermont, a year later Dec-2018 transferred to texas, called USCIS May 2019 for status, file back to vermont.

- Received Invitation for N-400 interview for June 18-2019,  

- ROC-OO processing time - sent an inquiry to speedup the process on May.

- 3 weeks later received email saying will have Combo interview, need to be there both of us (wife-husband).

- Attended the interview yesterday in Mount laurel (NJ) :

* first IO called us both, asked for IDs, then asked just the applicant the spouse can wait in the waiting room, if need they will ask to came.

* After swearing, explained the process , then start with I-751 interview, this part was very difficult for me , because all document were ok, and just don't understand why it has been waiting so long to be completed. 

* IO verified documents from a huge file on her desk and taping informations on her computer, from time to time she just confirm with me what have been provided (said: you provided this and this ..... right?) , asked questions about how we met, about both families (number-place of living), any travels together,  updated tax return information, already provided, but I added 2018.this verification and update lasted 20mn, 

* IO  said now we will go through the N-400 interview: oat-6 civic questions (who wrote independence convention, how many senates, citizen duty, what did Martin luther king Jr, who became president if neither President and VP are not available, and why we fought against british).

* writing test: asked to read when is columbus day then write columbus day is on October ...

* IO went through all Yes/No questions from N-400.

* IO asked to read and sign sections from My N-400 where Ieft blanc, she write no response (it was not Applicable for me), then read and sign the oath and confirm all personnel information that should  appear in the citizenship certificate and signed. 

Last, IO said that we are done now, Interview successful, print out the Interview result, then asked to wait for 3 weeks for the letter for ceremony. the reason is because of the I-751 needs to be approved first. 

Today I checked the case status, its says still transferred on Dec 2018, but for my N-400 it says we approved your interview, last step is to wait for ceremony. 

Once again a lot off patience is needed. 

Thank you all for your help!!!

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mag&Chef said:

Hello All, 

I wanted to share a summary of my experience here for Combo Interview. (yesterday June 18) 

- GC- (18 months) extension letter expiring on july 31st.

- I-751 send to Vermont, a year later Dec-2018 transferred to texas, called USCIS May 2019 for status, file back to vermont.

- Received Invitation for N-400 interview for June 18-2019,  

- ROC-OO processing time - sent an inquiry to speedup the process on May.

- 3 weeks later received email saying will have Combo interview, need to be there both of us (wife-husband).

- Attended the interview yesterday in Mount laurel (NJ) :

* first IO called us both, asked for IDs, then asked just the applicant the spouse can wait in the waiting room, if need they will ask to came.

* After swearing, explained the process , then start with I-751 interview, this part was very difficult for me , because all document were ok, and just don't understand why it has been waiting so long to be completed. 

* IO verified documents from a huge file on her desk and taping informations on her computer, from time to time she just confirm with me what have been provided (said: you provided this and this ..... right?) , asked questions about how we met, about both families (number-place of living), any travels together,  updated tax return information, already provided, but I added 2018.this verification and update lasted 20mn, 

* IO  said now we will go through the N-400 interview: oat-6 civic questions (who wrote independence convention, how many senates, citizen duty, what did Martin luther king Jr, who became president if neither President and VP are not available, and why we fought against british).

* writing test: asked to read when is columbus day then write columbus day is on October ...

* IO went through all Yes/No questions from N-400.

* IO asked to read and sign sections from My N-400 where Ieft blanc, she write no response (it was not Applicable for me), then read and sign the oath and confirm all personnel information that should  appear in the citizenship certificate and signed. 

Last, IO said that we are done now, Interview successful, print out the Interview result, then asked to wait for 3 weeks for the letter for ceremony. the reason is because of the I-751 needs to be approved first. 

Today I checked the case status, its says still transferred on Dec 2018, but for my N-400 it says we approved your interview, last step is to wait for ceremony. 

Once again a lot off patience is needed. 

Thank you all for your help!!!

Congratulations!.  It is very helpful

Hey everyone - 

My 18 month extension from my i-751 expires in August. I made an infopass appointment to go to my local field office for the i-551 stamp. The officer told me I could get the stamp, but that he would have to take away my plastic green card since it was expired anyway. He told me if I come back in July (1 month before 18 month extension expires), he could give me the stamp and I could probably keep my expired green card as well.

Questions

1. For those who have gone in for the i-551 stamp, did they also take your expired green card?

2. Have folks had experience traveling outside the US with only the i-551 stamp (without the expired green card)?

Thanks!

I-130 process (CR-1):

Spoiler

I-130 sent: October 27, 2014

NOA1: October 30, 2014 (Nebraska Service Center)

NOA2: March 31, 2015

DS-261 completed and AOS bill paid: April 27, 2015

AOS & IV packages sent: May 20, 2015

Checklist for IV fee: June 26, 2015

IV fee paid: July 27, 2015

DS-260 completed: August 10, 2015

Checklist for benificiary's proof of legal residence: September 11, 2015

Beneficiary's proof of legal residence sent: September 15, 2015

Case complete (3 N/A's & confirmation via phone): October 13, 2015

Case complete e-mail received: October 20, 2015

Interview scheduled (P4 received): October 23, 2015

Interview: December 1, 2015 (APPROVED!)

Visa in hand: December 10, 2015

I-751 process (Removal of Conditions):

I-751 sent: December 5, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

NOA received: December 8, 2017 (GC extended until February 2019)

NOA received: August 6, 2018 (GC extended until August 2019)

Transferred to local field office: April 9, 2018

Interview (combo with N-400): August 6, 2019

New card is being produced: August 9, 2019

N-400 process (Naturalization):

N-400 filed: December 3, 2018 (filed online; Hartford, CT field office)

Biometrics letter received: December 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: December 27, 2018 (walked in on December 17, 2018)

Interview: August 6, 2019 ("A decision cannot yet be made about your application")

In line for oath: August 9, 2019

Oath: September 17, 2019

So grateful for visajourney, but so happy to not need it anymore! Good luck to all.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, kkg325 said:

Hey everyone - 

My 18 month extension from my i-751 expires in August. I made an infopass appointment to go to my local field office for the i-551 stamp. The officer told me I could get the stamp, but that he would have to take away my plastic green card since it was expired anyway. He told me if I come back in July (1 month before 18 month extension expires), he could give me the stamp and I could probably keep my expired green card as well.

Questions

1. For those who have gone in for the i-551 stamp, did they also take your expired green card?

2. Have folks had experience traveling outside the US with only the i-551 stamp (without the expired green card)?

Thanks!

[1] They took my expired green card ( Philly) and stamped I-551.  I requested to keep  , they said no, you can' t have two green card, since i-551 is temporary green card.

[2] I traveled with I-551 to India and no issue in India, but at JFK, need to go for the secondary inspection, only issue 1 hr waiting time otherwise no questions ask

55 minutes ago, kkg325 said:

Hey everyone - 

Questions

Thanks!

I got the stamp about a month ago. They did not take my card, so I still have it. I did not attempted to travel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.