michellewillis

November 2017 I-751 Filers

2,169 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Julie+Matt said:

We got our interview date...June 13th. It says to bring evidence, but I’ve already sent them everything. So, I’m confused. 

I-751 interview or N-400 interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This is an I-751 interview 

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

8 hours ago, Julie+Matt said:

This is an I-751 interview 

I’m in the same situation as you. I got transferred on April 3rd. However up until now, the interview is still not scheduled. How long it took after transfer to get an interview scheduled notice? Also, what is your current i751 status in the tracker? And what is your local office?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, vvp said:

I’m in the same situation as you. I got transferred on April 3rd. However up until now, the interview is still not scheduled. How long it took after transfer to get an interview scheduled notice? Also, what is your current i751 status in the tracker? And what is your local office?

We got a transfer notice in the mail that stated we’d be scheduled an interview. I think that was the beginning of April...just got the notice in the mail yesterday, typed up on the 14th & mailed on the 17th. Our appointment is June 13th. I haven’t checked the tracker yet. Weird that they didn’t send me a text like normal. And my local office is Philadelphia...2 hours away at 8:40 in the morning. 

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Julie+Matt said:

We got a transfer notice in the mail that stated we’d be scheduled an interview. I think that was the beginning of April...just got the notice in the mail yesterday, typed up on the 14th & mailed on the 17th. Our appointment is June 13th. I haven’t checked the tracker yet. Weird that they didn’t send me a text like normal. And my local office is Philadelphia...2 hours away at 8:40 in the morning. 

Is the interview for I-751 or N-400?

1 hour ago, Julie+Matt said:

Yes, we are on the same timeline. I’m hoping to get my notice soon. What was the wording in the notice about the evidence that needs to be brought with you? I just want to mentally prepare myself  to what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Any November 2017 filers still waiting for approval?

i filed November 2017 to CSC and my case got transferred to Mesquite, Texas in January 2019. Received RFE in April and submitted it today. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, San_20 said:

Any November 2017 filers still waiting for approval?

i filed November 2017 to CSC and my case got transferred to Mesquite, Texas in January 2019. Received RFE in April and submitted it today. 

Did you file N-400?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Has anyone had to go through the interview yet? Mine is in 2 days. We have a problem though. Matt doesn’t have his drivers license...& we’ve gone for several ids but because his green card expired the most recent had an expiration date of a month from when it was issued & we didn’t realize it until we left. Will they accept his passport as a government id? 

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, dilip said:

Did you file N-400?

I'm curious as to how that impacts the situation?

I'm also a Nov 2017 filer, have gotten an RFE,

I have not filed N-400.

So curious as to the question and impact, please do share.

As a separate point, my RFE had a date to reply back by for May 9th,

I mistakenly thought it was June 9th and MISSED my RFE date. 

I didnt realize it until my case was updated June 6 by USCIS asking me to provide evidence by August.

I assume I've been given an extension and they won't act on my case as a 'no response' until August.

Thoughts?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Julie+Matt said:

Has anyone had to go through the interview yet? Mine is in 2 days. We have a problem though. Matt doesn’t have his drivers license...& we’ve gone for several ids but because his green card expired the most recent had an expiration date of a month from when it was issued & we didn’t realize it until we left. Will they accept his passport as a government id? 

I did not see any diver license requirement in  my interview letter.  You can take the expired driver licence and explain to them , you could not renew because you do not have green card.  I think, they will understand.

image.png

Edited by dilip

Timeline
4 hours ago, lazy said:

I'm curious as to how that impacts the situation?

I'm also a Nov 2017 filer, have gotten an RFE,

I have not filed N-400.

So curious as to the question and impact, please do share.

As a separate point, my RFE had a date to reply back by for May 9th,

I mistakenly thought it was June 9th and MISSED my RFE date. 

I didnt realize it until my case was updated June 6 by USCIS asking me to provide evidence by August.

I assume I've been given an extension and they won't act on my case as a 'no response' until August.

Thoughts?

Reply to RFE as soon as possible, they might approve your case sooner than August.  I have seen, if you apply for N-400, they stop processing I-751 ( that is case for me and a few other in this board) and usually approve I-751 at the same time with N-400 and depends on the waiting time in each local service center when you will get your N-400 interview.  In my case , I applied N-400 in Nov 2018 and got interview on June 28, 2019.  They did not process my I-751 yet ( Nov 2017).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

23 hours ago, Julie+Matt said:

Regarding the greencard expiration,

I assume you're referring to the 18m extension notice for the greencard having run it's course, is that true?

Meaning, the greencard is set to expire in Nov 2017,

I-751 was filed, but taking a long processing time,

USCIS sends notice of long processing time and extends the GC for 18 months

May 2019 that extension has also run it's course,

Meantime, due to either RFE or interview or N-400, the I-751 is still not completed and the person is in an "expired GC state"

Is that what some of us Nov 2017 people are in?

If so, is there any action we are to take regarding the expired GC state?

Timeline

I never got my 

1 hour ago, lazy said:

Regarding the greencard expiration,

I assume you're referring to the 18m extension notice for the greencard having run it's course, is that true?

Meaning, the greencard is set to expire in Nov 2017,

I-751 was filed, but taking a long processing time,

USCIS sends notice of long processing time and extends the GC for 18 months

May 2019 that extension has also run it's course,

Meantime, due to either RFE or interview or N-400, the I-751 is still not completed and the person is in an "expired GC state"

Is that what some of us Nov 2017 people are in?

If so, is there any action we are to take regarding the expired GC state?

I never got my official 18 months extension letter.  I took inforpass appointment and stamped ( I-551) my passport on Jan 3, 2019 and will expire Jan 2, 2020.  My N-400 interview is on June 28, 2019.  Hopefully,  I will get both approval on that day.   Waiting for Julie+Matt's interview experience.  They are in the Philly local office, same as mine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.