2,950 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2018 at 4:09 PM, Nikkosan said:

Long story short, it sucks. I'll try to get another appointment for Monday to see what's going on once again. I did print a screenshot of someone who just got approved (just the date and the "we approved your case" information), and hopefully they will be able to do something about it.

I would hazard against using the screenshot.  In my past experiences with CO,'s they do not want to be told how USCIS operates nor want to hear from you that you possibly know more than them.  Just my word of caution.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, mrs thb said:

I would hazard against using the screenshot.  In my past experiences with CO,'s they do not want to be told how USCIS operates nor want to hear from you that you possibly know more than them.  Just my word of caution.

I agree and decided against it.

I'll just chill out and keep my travel plans as is, and simply wait for the Oath Ceremony letter when it comes.

Thanks for chiming in!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Good luck Nikkosan......you are further ahead than most of us.  That's a lot to be happy about :) 

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The interview went ok, I passed the tests, but officer said he is in charge of 400 only, he has to talk to his supervisor about my husband's tough situation(My husband has been in the hospital in and out for almost a month he is on feeding tube and the recovery is unclear), he said they have to approve 751 first, I submitted the request to expedite the oath ceremony, and I had additional evidence for 751 with me, he said he did not need anymore evidence since we had submitted enough of it. I showed the evidence of Stan's medical condition and dr's letters and explained the urgency of expediting the oath ceremony based on humanitarian ground(Stan's last wish to see me become a citizen), he said he would talk to the supervisor tomorrow. One more thing is that there is an IRS bill of 236 dollars, he told me I might need proof of that we paid(we did), and then he said he would just forget about it, he said just wait, there may or may not be a 751interview, but they may waive the interview due to Stan's critical medical condition. Very frustrating they can't reach a decision today, but I am not surprised, if they have to reschedule the interview, I will get my lawyer and have a medical team right next to my husband from the hospital. It is just grueling. I hope the supervisor will see the medical evidence I submitted and approve my application before it is too late. Just have to wait and see at this point

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

The interview went ok, I passed the tests, but officer said he is in charge of 400 only, he has to talk to his supervisor about my husband's tough situation(My husband has been in the hospital in and out for almost a month he is on feeding tube and the recovery is unclear), he said they have to approve 751 first, I submitted the request to expedite the oath ceremony, and I had additional evidence for 751 with me, he said he did not need anymore evidence since we had submitted enough of it. I showed the evidence of Stan's medical condition and dr's letters and explained the urgency of expediting the oath ceremony based on humanitarian ground(Stan's last wish to see me become a citizen), he said he would talk to the supervisor tomorrow. One more thing is that there is an IRS bill of 236 dollars, he told me I might need proof of that we paid(we did), and then he said he would just forget about it, he said just wait, there may or may not be a 751interview, but they may waive the interview due to Stan's critical medical condition. Very frustrating they can't reach a decision today, but I am not surprised, if they have to reschedule the interview, I will get my lawyer and have a medical team right next to my husband from the hospital. It is just grueling. I hope the supervisor will see the medical evidence I submitted and approve my application before it is too late. Just have to wait and see at this point

Thanks for the update. Fingers cross and hopefully, you will hear from them this week. Prayers for you and Stans's health. I understand how stressful it is. Take care of yourself, dear. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Thanks for the update. Fingers cross and hopefully, you will hear from them this week. Prayers for you and Stans's health. I understand how stressful it is. Take care of yourself, dear. 

Thanks a lot for your support, I have been staying strong and hopefully I will hear from them soon. Hope Stan will recover.

Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, Jebee said:

Don't worry, they'll just gonna review your ROC first if they need anything like RFE or interview from you they will probably notify you by mail. If everything is good on your ROC application most likely they will approved your N400 and schedule you for Oath. This what happened to me. Check my timeline below.

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

I passed the test and interview too today, the officer also told me the same thing, he said they have to review my 751. The difference is my husband is I  critical condition, so I put up a packet requesting an expedited oath ceremony based on humanitarian ground arguing the anti gay laws put us in the situation where my husband may not be able to fulfill his wish of seeing me become a citizen during to his age and critical condition. He is in no condition to do a interview, I provided letters from the doctors and medical records and pictures of my husband's hospitalization, so I hope I will hear from them soon.

2 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I passed the test and interview too today, the officer also told me the same thing, he said they have to review my 751. The difference is my husband is I  critical condition, so I put up a packet requesting an expedited oath ceremony based on humanitarian ground arguing the anti gay laws put us in the situation where my husband may not be able to fulfill his wish of seeing me become a citizen during to his age and critical condition. He is in no condition to do a interview, I provided letters from the doctors and medical records and pictures of my husband's hospitalization, so I hope I will hear from them soon.

Thank you for the update. That’s very nice of you. Congratulations on passing. I had a feeling they haven’t look at your ROC yet. I hope and I’ll be praying you’ll get an approval within this week. Keep the faith. Mine took about 6 days before I got approved. I also hope your hubby will get better soon. 😍😘♥️

Timeline
Just now, Jebee said:

Thank you for the update. That’s very nice of you. Congratulations on passing. I had a feeling they haven’t look at your ROC yet. I hope and I’ll be praying you’ll get an approval within this week. Keep the faith. Mine took about 6 days before I got approved. I also hope your hubby will get better soon. 😍😘♥️

Thanks for your wish. The officer had my two applications on his desk, but who knows whether they have looked at my 751 that was submitted almost 20 months ago. I hope I will hear from them soom, thanks for the wish, congrats again.

4 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for your wish. The officer had my two applications on his desk, but who knows whether they have looked at my 751 that was submitted almost 20 months ago. I hope I will hear from them soom, thanks for the wish, congrats again.

True. Mine as well was at his desk when I had my interview but I was upset at the end of the interview when he told me he never looked at yet. Lol. Anyway, keep me updated. 🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jebee said:

True. Mine as well was at his desk when I had my interview but I was upset at the end of the interview when he told me he never looked at yet. Lol. Anyway, keep me updated. 🙏🙏🙏

Will keep you posted. I requested the expedited ceremony based on USCIS policy manual chapter 6, part B. I repeatedly and politely reminded the officer the urgency of it, he said he would talk to the supervisor tomorrow, so I guess I am in good shape, let's see if they will grant my expedited ceremony request and approve my 400 and 751. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jebee said:

Thanks. I am praying every day too on hope that my husband will get better.

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

Will keep you posted. I requested the expedited ceremony based on USCIS policy manual chapter 6, part B. I repeatedly and politely reminded the officer the urgency of it, he said he would talk to the supervisor tomorrow, so I guess I am in good shape, let's see if they will grant my expedited ceremony request and approve my 400 and 751. 

I am waiting for your interview today, congrats for passing the N400 interview. However, is this always be the case to combine i751 and N400 together? Because I just filed my N400 and my I751 has been sitting there 14 months, I wish they could approve my I751 first then N400. 

Sorry for your partner's health. If they denied you or delay the process, you may sue them and big change to win since you saw they have your applications there and choose not to process based on their own policy. 

Keep us updated! 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, asdfzc said:

I am waiting for your interview today, congrats for passing the N400 interview. However, is this always be the case to combine i751 and N400 together? Because I just filed my N400 and my I751 has been sitting there 14 months, I wish they could approve my I751 first then N400. 

Sorry for your partner's health. If they denied you or delay the process, you may sue them and big change to win since you saw they have your applications there and choose not to process based on their own policy. 

Keep us updated! 

Thanks for the wish, I hope my man starts feeling better, but he is almost 90 years old, it might take a long time to recover, that is what I tried to explain to the officer and rescheduling the interview, I told him by the time they reschedule the interview, my man may not be around anymore, and I threw a whole bunch of evidence in their faces just to prove my husband's critical illnesses nesses. The officer did listen and he said he understood my pain, but he still has to ask for his supervisor tomorrow to clear my 751. Hopefully my expedited request will help a bit. It seems unlikely they will approve your 751 prior to 400, they will combine them, but that does not mean they will adjudicate on the same day, 400 seems to trigger the 751 adjudication, so technically, you can say they are combined, but maybe back to back within a short period of time. I have seen many gotten 751/4]0 approved a week after a big interview, I hope it will happen to me soon. Good luck to you too.

Edited by Zombie69

15 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the wish, I hope my man starts feeling better, but he is almost 90 years old, it might take a long time to recover, that is what I tried to explain to the officer and rescheduling the interview, I told him by the time they reschedule the interview, my man may not be around anymore, and I threw a whole bunch of evidence in their faces just to prove my husband's critical illnesses nesses. The officer did listen and he said he understood my pain, but he still has to ask for his supervisor tomorrow to clear my 751. Hopefully my expedited request will help a bit. It seems unlikely they will approve your 751 prior to 400, they will combine them, but that does not mean they will adjudicate on the same day, 400 seems to trigger the 751 adjudication, so technically, you can say they are combined, but maybe back to back within a short period of time. I have seen many gotten 751/4]0 approved a week after a big interview, I hope it will happen to me soon. Good luck to you too.

thank you for the detail explanation. So basically CSC gonna transfer my I751 to local office( or where they process my N400, which is in DTLA)? CSC wont keep my application and process as others who havent filed the N400? I feel like I mad the mistake to file the N400 which gonna take another year or so

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.