Amica Nostra

Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/politics/trump-dossier-paul-singer.html

WASHINGTON — The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website funded by a major Republican donor, first hired the research firm that months later produced for Democrats the salacious dossier describing ties between Donald J. Trump and the Russian government, the website said on Friday.

The Free Beacon, funded in large part by the New York hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer, hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee had begun paying Fusion GPS in April for research that eventually became the basis for the dossier.

The Free Beacon informed the House Intelligence Committee on Friday that it had retained the firm. That committee is one of a number of congressional committees investigating Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 election and whether there was any collusion with Mr. Trump’s associates.

The role of the website answers one of the lingering mysteries behind the events leading up to the production of the dossier and its publication by BuzzFeed in January.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Another duplicate thread, is this a trend?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not a duplicate- thread by a different poster quoting a different article on a similar topic.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

They're crying about the Democrats funding the dossier but it was Republicans who started the whole thing, so funny.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

They're crying about the Democrats funding the dossier but it was Republicans who started the whole thing, so funny.

It has always been thought that. GPS's oppo research into Trump was funded by a Republican entity presumably another campaign. It was also known that a Dem entity picked up the funding after the primaries. Nothing in this is wrong, illegal, or unethical. (Including payments to another country)

It does seem odd that a news group would be doing this and drop it when it got interesting. 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

6 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee had begun paying Fusion GPS in April for research that eventually became the basis for the dossier

Let's completely gloss over this part and blame it all on republicans.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

6 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Lol the dossier was a Republican idea to discredit Trump, Democrats picked up when the Republicans realized Trump was going to be their nominee. Just another news story to deflect the catastrophe of a presidency.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

1 minute ago, JimandChristy said:

Lol the dossier was a Republican idea to discredit Trump, Democrats picked up when the Republicans realized Trump was going to be their nominee. Just another news story to deflect the catastrophe of a presidency.

So because it was a Republican idea Hillary is totally innocent in this even though she funded some of it? I fail to see your logic.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

6 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

So because it was a Republican idea Hillary is totally innocent in this even though she funded some of it? I fail to see your logic.

So Trump's party are guilty as well in all of this?

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Gloss over what?  A publication with the backing of a wealthy Republican donor funded a legal investigation through legal means.  After the Republican nominee was set they no longer needed that research. Folks tied to Hillary picked up the (totally ethical and legal) research and then stopped it after the election.  What am I missing? 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

4 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Gloss over what?  A publication with the backing of a wealthy Republican donor funded a legal investigation through legal means.  After the Republican nominee was set they no longer needed that research. Folks tied to Hillary picked up the (totally ethical and legal) research and then stopped it after the election.  What am I missing? 

Just a predictable tactic by Trump. Deflect attention away by bringing up Clinton again out of nothing. Clinton is no longer in the public eye and hasn't been since the election. Trump does this because he knows how to manipulate his supporters and get them more on his side because they hate Clinton more than they love Trump.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee had begun paying Fusion GPS in April for research that eventually became the basis for the dossier.

Hmm, this seems to say it was still Hillary, the DNC and Mark Elias that were behind the dossier.  Did the WFB pay for Steele?  I think not which still leaves the Hillary campaign on the hook for colluding with a foreign entity to impact the election.

9 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Colluding with a foreign agent.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Just a predictable tactic by Trump. Deflect attention away by bringing up Clinton again out of nothing. Clinton is no longer in the public eye and hasn't been since the election. Trump does this because he knows how to manipulate his supporters and get them more on his side because they hate Clinton more than they love Trump.

yeahbut....Trumps tactics are being echoed and magnified by his supporters.  This is an echo chamber promoted by the Drudge/Brietbart /Hannity axis of disinformation but readily consumed, as you pointed out, by folks ready to vilify Hillary (today) or any other target that comes along to feed their internal narrative.  They want this feeling of anger and hatred of others in their life, it is like a drug. Take the external enemy away and they will be faced with a stark reality, starker than the United States turning into Venezuela.  If Trump did not exist they would have to invent him.

This anti-left dysphoria syndrome is sad for this nation and a threat to our freedoms, I don't have a solution..All I can see now is that some sort of crisis will need to resolve it.   We live in Nixonian times, and the nation never fully bounced back from the first bout, call Roger Stone. 

10 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Hmm, this seems to say it was still Hillary, the DNC and Mark Elias that were behind the dossier.  Did the WFB pay for Steele?  I think not which still leaves the Hillary campaign on the hook for colluding with a foreign entity to impact the election.

Colluding with a foreign agent.

What collusion?  Is researching the Truth collusion?  

Edited by Il Mango Dulce

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Trump's party? 

:rofl:

Well it is, The Republicans is Trump's party. He is the leader of said party.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview