Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, AandH said:

Yeah the word refused threw me off and I assume that Covid-19 is slowing it down.. 

so you think once this kind of slows down they’ll probably issue the visa?  
I am gonna try to call the embassy Monday and see what they say.. it sucks because they refused word makes me nervous but then I also feel like it’s because of the Covid-19 virus. 
what do you think?

Their is no need to call to Embassy because all over the world US Embassies are closed, There are two reasons for REFUSED, due to corona virus all visas are halted and the second thing may be the I-864 Financial Sponsor does not meet the requirement or Medical Expire, Which  one is true no idea about it, I was also on REFUSED status when I gave the interview and it took me  months to get the visa from REFUSED then A.P then ISSUED.

Trump Says He'll Suspend All Immigration Into The United States Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

President Donald Trump said Monday he would suspend all immigration into the United States for an undisclosed amount of time as the nation reels from the ongoing spread of COVID-19.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” 

In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-suspends-immigration-coronavirus-022125650.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, M.Ali said:

Trump Says He'll Suspend All Immigration Into The United States Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

President Donald Trump said Monday he would suspend all immigration into the United States for an undisclosed amount of time as the nation reels from the ongoing spread of COVID-19.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” 

In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-suspends-immigration-coronavirus-022125650.html

There is a thread in the COVID forum that is focused on this announcement. Head there for good discussion.  

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

There is a thread in the COVID forum that is focused on this announcement. Head there for good discussion.  

• even this is the promise of trump 2016 campaign to slow the immigration.
  •  

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shakeel48 said:

Hi is the embassy open or closed ? My wifes case been in ap since 13 jan. Case updated 15 may. I did not send inquiries 

No idea about the embassy but people are getting updates these days

hello everyone!

i need information that:

1) how long duration it takes when a case returns to US consulate (ISB) once reaffirmed by USCIS officer?

2) what next is expected from CO officer in US consulate (ISB) as soon it reach out to him/her?

3) how long it will take to make decision and issue a visa for (221g) case, if interview in past already done

also, a case with noir status, what need to do considering noir notice might be in transit from USCIS. can applicant/petitioner himself/herself respond? and how long it takes for a final outcome of nior?

can @Ahmed&Freda, or anyone had similar experience will answer above.

Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, Shakeel48 said:

Hi is the embassy open or closed ? My wifes case been in ap since 13 jan. Case updated 15 may. I did not send inquiries 

We also got update today May 18 without inquiry. AP since march 2020

Timeline
On 5/16/2020 at 5:44 AM, silverhawk said:

hello everyone!

i need information that:

1) how long duration it takes when a case returns to US consulate (ISB) once reaffirmed by USCIS officer?

2) what next is expected from CO officer in US consulate (ISB) as soon it reach out to him/her?

3) how long it will take to make decision and issue a visa for (221g) case, if interview in past already done

also, a case with noir status, what need to do considering noir notice might be in transit from USCIS. can applicant/petitioner himself/herself respond? and how long it takes for a final outcome of nior?

can @Ahmed&Freda, or anyone had similar experience will answer above.

Every case is different I've seen some wait a year before even getting a NOIR in the first place.  Our case was returned in January 2018 uscis notified us in February they had it for review and we received the NOIR in June.  We responded in about 2 weeks and it was reaffirmed in under 2 weeks after they received it.  The petitioner is the one who responds to a NOIR and is given 30 days to do so.

32 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Every case is different I've seen some wait a year before even getting a NOIR in the first place.  Our case was returned in January 2018 uscis notified us in February they had it for review and we received the NOIR in June.  We responded in about 2 weeks and it was reaffirmed in under 2 weeks after they received it.  The petitioner is the one who responds to a NOIR and is given 30 days to do so.

Thank you very much, also can you respond to 1, 2, 3 if you are aware of anything (or anyone from group)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aslaam akeum all.

I hope everyone are doing fine an safe.. so i finally got response on May 12, 2020 from US embassy Islamabad that my mother visa is ready to be process after has been in AP since June 14 2017 😍 , while my father case is still under AP🤕 not what else they are checking and wish to process his case now since it has been now almost 3 years in AP. and here is the response from Embassy below

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process only for your father  and we shall contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process.  Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted. If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.

Our office is ready to process visa for your mother while your father he can get his visa later on upon completion of his administrative processing.

Please write us back if you want us to process your mother’s visa before your father so we can forward the request to the consular officer for review.

Please be prepared to experience significant delays in further processing of your case.  As of March 17, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services.  We will resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.  On April 22, President Trump signed a proclamation suspending entry into the United Sates of certain immigrants who present risk to the U.S. labor mark during the economic recovery following the COVID-19 outreach.  The proclamation is in effect for 60 days and prevents consular officers from issuing new visas to certain immigrants.   We appreciate your patience during this time. 

Edited by Zaib212

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 2:42 PM, Shakeel48 said:

I think its closed for public however they are still working inside.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Neemo said:

No idea about the embassy but people are getting updates these days

yes agreed

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 5/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, Meryemabbasi said:

We also got update today May 18 without inquiry. AP since march 2020

AP can vary from case to case. I know someone who has been on AP for over two years at ISL

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

21 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

Aslaam akeum all.

I hope everyone are doing fine an safe.. so i finally got response on May 12, 2020 from US embassy Islamabad that my mother visa is ready to be process after has been in AP since June 14 2017 😍 , while my father case is still under AP🤕 not what else they are checking and wish to process his case now since it has been now almost 3 years in AP. and here is the response from Embassy below

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process only for your father  and we shall contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process.  Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted. If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.

Our office is ready to process visa for your mother while your father he can get his visa later on upon completion of his administrative processing.

Please write us back if you want us to process your mother’s visa before your father so we can forward the request to the consular officer for review.

Please be prepared to experience significant delays in further processing of your case.  As of March 17, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services.  We will resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.  On April 22, President Trump signed a proclamation suspending entry into the United Sates of certain immigrants who present risk to the U.S. labor mark during the economic recovery following the COVID-19 outreach.  The proclamation is in effect for 60 days and prevents consular officers from issuing new visas to certain immigrants.   We appreciate your patience during this time. 

Cangradulation finally your mother got the visa.I was following your posts from 2 years ,your parents case were the only case older than mine on the forum.I am in A.P from feb 2018 IR 1 category.Can you tell us how the embassy responded you E.mail or paper mail.InshAllah your Dad will get the visa soon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.