rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2019 at 4:38 AM, ratstar77 said:

Hi Bing. To my understanding, the FIN does not change if only a short amount of time had passed between jobs or between visit passes. It’s best to ask MOM/ICA but I base it on my friend’s experience. He had a new FIN when he got a new job at SG after about 10 years. Later he had the same FIN when his old pass was cancelled and he applied and got a new one (within the same year). 

Why not not try this FIN on the appeal for COC (if all else failed). Then upload a copy of the page of your passport showing the FIN.

May bayad ang appeal for COC but it’s still cheaper than going to Singapore. 

I suggest calling the SPF for further details 😅 ok naman sila kausap. 

On a side note, for overseas phone calls I use my Skype account. Cheaper than using one’s cellphone... 

hi. I would like to ask if I can use my bdo debit card in paying the coc online? Thank you so much 

3 hours ago, bing bing said:

hi. I would like to ask if I can use my bdo debit card in paying the coc online? Thank you so much 

I’m not sure - I think the BDO debit card cannot pay for international transactions - I tried before and didn’t work. You can try but it might get rejected. 

You can try getting a credit card with BDO. Or you can get a PayMaya card. 

Basically PayMaya is just another debit card that you transfer money into. But you can use it for international transactions such as PayPal because it is affiliated with Visa. I have used it overseas and it works. The only thing it needs is to have the balance. 

All one needs for a PayMaya account is a local mobile phone number. It’s associated with Smart but you can use any number. Getting a PayMaya account is faster than having a credit card approved. 

I have not tried it with the COC application but it has worked (through PayPal) for Amazon and other online shops. I have also used it to pay overseas. 

1 hour ago, Ghail said:

Hi, question po. Anong courier service ginamit nyo to send fingerprints from manila to Singapore? Ayaw po kasing tanggapin ng LBC yung papers ko wala kase akong specific name na mailagay kundi Singapore Police Force lang. super thank you po sa sasagot

Hi po. Hnd pa po ako nka send ng fingerprints ko. Pupunta pa po ako sa camp crame pag may time ako for fingerprinting. Saan po kayo nag pa fingerprints ? Regarding sa name kon ano ilagay baka pwd narin yung COC office

23 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Hi po. Hnd pa po ako nka send ng fingerprints ko. Pupunta pa po ako sa camp crame pag may time ako for fingerprinting. Saan po kayo nag pa fingerprints ? Regarding sa name kon ano ilagay baka pwd narin yung COC office

You can go to any police station. Bring your finger print form and the email from SPF 

1 hour ago, Ghail said:

Hi, question po. Anong courier service ginamit nyo to send fingerprints from manila to Singapore? Ayaw po kasing tanggapin ng LBC yung papers ko wala kase akong specific name na mailagay kundi Singapore Police Force lang. super thank you po sa sasagot

I used LBC nakarating naman. But another used DHL and it worked out 

11 hours ago, Ghail said:

Tinanggap naman ng LBC nung nagpacourier ako. I put the complete address. 

Certificate of Clearance (COC) Office

Singapore Police Force

Block D, #02-07/08

Police Cantonment Complex

391 New Bridge Road

Singapore 088762

Kailangan lang nila malaman anong opisina pupunta. Naka-abot naman. 

Edited by ratstar77

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 6:27 PM, seidj19 said:

Here's an update on my Singapore COC application so far:

• 5/12/2019 - Sent appeal online to apply for COC.
  • 5/14/2019 - Appeal was approved
  • 5/15/2019 - Applied for COC online. I chose to have a proxy pick it up as mailing it to me would take longer. Got email that I need to send hard copy of my fingerprints to the COC office.
  • 5/17/2019 - Went to Sta. Rosa Police station (I'm from Laguna) to get my fingerprints. Talked to the Desk Sergeant and explained why I need to be fingerprinted. He then directed me to the Custodial officer's office which is next to the Jail! Went to the said office, explained to the officer on duty why I need to be fingerprinted. At first he was reluctant as he said that they only fingerprint those who are going to jail. So, I politely (and jokingly) asked "Sir, do I need to commit a crime first to be fingerprinted by a police officer?" I again re-iterated, that I need the fingerprints to obtain a Singapore police clearance and that this is also a requirement to process my US Visa, and his assistance would be greatly appreciated. He then agreed to assist me. Had me go back to the main station as it's much better for me to wait there as their office is quite small and right next to the jail cells. After about an hour wait, one of the officers fetched me and asked me to go back to the custodial office. Got my fingerprints taken. I used the form that was provided on the COC site. Thanked to officer who helped me and off I went. Sent the copy of my fingerprint impressions together with the Acknowledgement page of my application and receipt to the COC office via DHL. I was told that it should arrive by Tuesday next week (5/21).

Here are further updates on my Singapore COC application:

• 5/21/2019 - Confirmed via DHL tracking that my fingerprints has been received by the COC office.
  • 5/22/2019 - Checked status of my application online and it says that it is "In Progress"
  • 5/27/2019 - Got email from COC office saying that certificate is now ready for pick up by my nominated proxy
  • 5/29/2019 - My friend picked up my COC and sent it to me via Speedpost.
  • 5/30/2019 - Got an SMS from DHL saying that they will be delivering my parcel the following day (looks like Speedpost partners with DHL for international deliveries).
  • 5/31/2019 - Received my COC :) 

The entire process took about 3 business weeks (15 business days). It was a bit faster as I chose to have a friend pick up the COC instead of the COC office mailing it to me via snail mail.

1 hour ago, seidj19 said:

Here are further updates on my Singapore COC application:

• 5/21/2019 - Confirmed via DHL tracking that my fingerprints has been received by the COC office.
  • 5/22/2019 - Checked status of my application online and it says that it is "In Progress"
  • 5/27/2019 - Got email from COC office saying that certificate is now ready for pick up by my nominated proxy
  • 5/29/2019 - My friend picked up my COC and sent it to me via Speedpost.
  • 5/30/2019 - Got an SMS from DHL saying that they will be delivering my parcel the following day (looks like Speedpost partners with DHL for international deliveries).
  • 5/31/2019 - Received my COC :) 

The entire process took about 3 business weeks (15 business days). It was a bit faster as I chose to have a friend pick up the COC instead of the COC office mailing it to me via snail mail.

Thanks for the info. And congrats that you already got your COC. 

I just sent my fingerprint impression today via lbc and it will take for 3 to 4 days to arrive. I would like to ask when you did a fingerprints at the police station did the officer putting a stamp on the fingwrprint form? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Thanks for the info. And congrats that you already got your COC. 

I just sent my fingerprint impression today via lbc and it will take for 3 to 4 days to arrive. I would like to ask when you did a fingerprints at the police station did the officer putting a stamp on the fingwrprint form? 

No stamp. The police officer just signed at the bottom of the form and indicated his rank.

Good luck on your application :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.