rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jessa1927marc said:

I waited for my NOA 2 since the NOA 2 document is proof that the US embassy acknowledged your application for a K1 visa. As a supplement, I attached the K1 checklist that indicated your need to obtain clearances if you've lived abroad for more than six months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 8:15 PM, Rubelyn adorador said:

Thank you guys this very helpful  I'm so happy I got my coc day 

Belated congrats! 😀

23 hours ago, rainey0914 said:

I waited for my NOA 2 since the NOA 2 document is proof that the US embassy acknowledged your application for a K1 visa. As a supplement, I attached the K1 checklist that indicated your need to obtain clearances if you've lived abroad for more than six months.

ok thank you po....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 10/18/2017 at 12:42 PM, rainey0914 said:

Hi guys! I just want to share with you how to get your police clearance from Singapore even if you're in the Philippines. 

If you've lived in Singapore for more than six months, then yes you do need to obtain a police clearance, or rather, a COC (Certificate of Clearance)from them.

I'll be editing this as soon as I get an update.

BTW, I applied for this for my K1 (fiancee) visa.

Before proceeding, please also read the FAQs of the Singapore Police Force's website.

Here goes:

1. Apply for an Appeal by Non-Singapore citizens to Apply for Certificate of Clearance. Please click the link and read the requirements needed, and I'll be elaborating the answers to usual questions about it below. BTW, the appeal is different from the actual application for COC. SPF (Singapore Police Force) needs to go through your request / appeal first and they'll approve it. Reason being, SPF doesn't really give out COCs just because.

Requirements:

• Your FIN (Foreign Identification Number) - Just the number will do. I don't have a copy of my previous S Pass and they won't require it, just make sure that you can still remember your FIN.
  • Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose - I used my NOA2 for this. It's not indicated there that you need the clearance, so what I did was attach the K1 checklist found in US Embassy Manila's website.
  • Scanned biometric page of applicant’s valid passport - Very straightforward, just give them a copy of your passport's biometric page (where your photo is)
  • Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back - I don't have a work permit anymore, I used my SSS card for this. Create one scan for front and another for the back.
  • Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph - 400x514 pixels. Looks like Singapore's passport photo. I used a US passport-sized photo, scanned it, and cropped it to the required size. It's not exact, but it's within the 400x514 range.
  • Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment - I still have my Singapore account and I used I-banking for this. No worries if you use a normal credit card, as long as it's VISA/Mastercard and you can answer your bank's online security check that will prompt. I've read that previously they needed a bank draft, thankfully they now accept these modes of payment.
  • Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions (Optional) - Since we're not in Singapore, then we have to mail it to them. More on this later.

2. After applying for the appeal, wait for a few days for their email. I applied mine on a Friday and got their response on Tuesday that my appeal was approved, and that it was time to Apply for the Certificate of Clearance. You have all the details saved on your profile, so all you need to do is to pay them. Make sure that your browser allows popups.

3. After payment, go back to your Application Portal (the first page). You should now see your your reference number in red. Print the page (The option for printing it is somewhere there).

4. Wait for their confirmation email with the receipt. The email will prompt you : Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal

5. Time to get your fingerprints! No need to look for Singapore's fingerprint card, Camp Crame will give you a copy.

This can be obtained in Camp Crame in Quezon City. Now, this was the part where all forums didn't even specify where and how to go or navigate from the gate. Read on!

• Bring a pen, wet wipes, and passport-sized photos with you. Each application needs 2 photos (1 for their copy and 1 for ours). I used my US visa photo so they just cut it to make it fit.
  • Go to Camp Crame. I took a Grabcar all the way from the South, but if you're commuting, alight at Santolan-Annapolis MRT Station. There are also buses through EDSA, if you prefer to take the bus.
    • Go to Gate 2. This is at the right side of the area. If you're walking, go past the vehicle entrance and you'll see another entrance for walk-ins. If I remember correctly, it's almost in front of an LBC store.
    • Since I took a Grab, once in Gate 2, go straight then turn right. There will be a small intersection and you'll see the Crime Laboratory on the left side.
    • If you're walking: Once inside Camp Crame, follow the vehicles' path from the gate. You'll see Landbank and a coffee shop/restaurants. There's also a clean restroom here. Walk past it until the non-airconditioned eatery. Turn right on the narrow street. At the end, you'll see the PNP Ladies' (I forgot the building name, but it has "Ladies" on it.) Then go to the right. You will see the Firearms building, and then the Crime Lab building.
    • Go inside the building. Leave an ID at the front desk and tell the police your purpose. They'll accompany you to the door going to the back and will lead you to the Fingerprinting Department.
    • Once there, go up then left. Enter the door and the nice old lady will give you a payment slip. Fill it out then go to Landbank. (Directions on how to go by foot: go out of the building, walk to the right, cross the street where there's a grill restaurant, walk through the narrow street, turn left.)
    • Pay the PHP200 fee. If you're obtaining multiple cards for different purposes, the fee would be higher. Note that you need to bring your fan and a small towel with you (maybe some water too!) because the aircon here is totally not working properly especially when there are lots of people. I was there for 2 hours.
    • Go back to the Fingerprinting Department and they'll give you the cards for you to fill out. If there are people queueing for fingerprints, you'll be given a number and you'll be asked to accomplish the cards downstairs. They'll call you once it's your turn. You can wash your hands there after fingerprinting. You can make use of your wet wipes here to wipe off additional ink smudges.
    • Wait for a while and then they'll release the card to you. Go home!

6. Ship the fingerprints to Singapore. (I'll be doing this tomorrow, so I'll update this soon!)

How long for them to send it to Manila embassy? 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:18 AM, Gwen07 said:

Ilan days po inabot processing ng police clearance? Nagstart po kc iprocess yun COC ko nung march 6 until now wala pdin email kung ok na..TIA

Hi Gwen, hope you got it by now. Matagal talaga. 1 week for them to process and 2-3 weeks to arrive by snail mail. They only use regular mail. 

4 hours ago, mommasjourney said:

How long for them to send it to Manila embassy? 

It took me almost a month to get mine. I had it sent to my home address. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same predicament. Just got a letter from NVC last week that I'm scheduled for interview on June 7th.

I have all the required documents except for the COC (Certificate of Clearance) from Singapore.

I need to submit this as I lived and worked there from 2007 to 2013 and I was a Singapore PR.

I already submitted the appeal online via the link below.

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

Just waiting on a response. Hopefully, I'll get the response this week.

You need your NRIC/FIN# before you can apply. Luckily, I still remember the remember and have scanned copies of my IC.

Will update this post once I get to apply online.

Judging from the previous posts, looks like it will take a while to get them as they sent thru snail mail. 

Hopefully I can get someone from SG to just pick it up for me and have it sent by courier.

Hello,

I currently in the process of my k1 visa for a month now. I started to search of what are the things to do especially now I just found out that I need to get a COC. I've been working in Singapore from 2013 to 2015 and I already forgot my FIN. Do I need to obtain the COC as soon as possible or is it too early?

I feel nervous if suddenly I have to go to US embassy For the interview. I wanna make sure I have the COC whenever they need it. Hope somebody here could help me. Thank you

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Hello,

I currently in the process of my k1 visa for a month now. I started to search of what are the things to do especially now I just found out that I need to get a COC. I've been working in Singapore from 2013 to 2015 and I already forgot my FIN. Do I need to obtain the COC as soon as possible or is it too early?

I feel nervous if suddenly I have to go to US embassy For the interview. I wanna make sure I have the COC whenever they need it. Hope somebody here could help me. Thank you

Hi. Do you already have a schedule for interview?

I suggest that you apply for a Singapore COC as soon as possible. If you read through the previous posts on this thread, it could take weeks before you get the COC and it's quite a tedious process.

Also, you would need your FIN# before you can apply. Check through your old documents or you may have a scanned copy of it somewhere in your email.

If you still have your contract of employment then I believe that would include your FIN# as well.

Thank you for your reply.
I dont have yet the schedule for the interview. My fiance will submit our K1 petition to USCIS this week. I wish to be in time with all the requirements needed during my interview. 
I am worried about the needed requirements to obtain a COC since I no longer remember my FIN and I don't have the copies of the documents of my previous employers in Sg. I tried to contact my previous agency but no reply from them. Is there other way I can do even without my FIN?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.