rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Thank you for your reply.
I dont have yet the schedule for the interview. My fiance will submit our K1 petition to USCIS this week. I wish to be in time with all the requirements needed during my interview. 
I am worried about the needed requirements to obtain a COC since I no longer remember my FIN and I don't have the copies of the documents of my previous employers in Sg. I tried to contact my previous agency but no reply from them. Is there other way I can do even without my FIN?

If you still remember your passport number for when you got your Employment Pass then you can try the following.

1. Go to https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLENQM007DisplayAction.do - This is the site to use to check your EP status.
  2. Enter your Passport number and then your full name then click next
  3. On the next page, go to OPTION 2. Enter your passport number and Date of birth, then click Submit at the bottom

If you entered the correct details then the next page should give you your FIN number.

Hope this helps :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, bing bing said:

I'm only a work permit holder in Sg. Is that site may apply to EP holder only?

I tried to go there but no record found.

thank you.

Hi. Yes, the previous link I provided is only for EP holders.

You can also try this link below which is for WP holders.

https://wponline.mom.gov.sg/WPOLOMController

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bing bing said:

I tried to open the link for WP holder but could not open it. Is there other link than I can use? Thank you so much

Try this - https://wponline.mom.gov.sg/WPOLLoginController?action=WPOLLoginAction&actionType=WPOLNonLogin

Timeline
1 hour ago, seidj19 said:

3 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Thank you. I tried to fill up the option 2,4 and putting my passport number but it also requires to fill up the employer's information.

Hi. Did you select the option for Work Permit Validity/Status (see attached)

If it requires the employer information, then you must also provide it. 

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other option for you to obtain your FIN#. Please go through your old documents again and see if you can find anything that contains your FIN#. 

WP.PNG

27 minutes ago, Lerissa said:

Hi i already have my COC before leaving Singapore last October 2018. My USCIS application got approved on may 2019. Do i still need to apply for a recent COC since it is stated that police clearances should be requested after the application was approved by the USCIS.

I think so. It’s best to ask the US embassy directly or through their website. What I know is that the COC does not expire. It might be you need a new one if you still reside at Singapore, but as you left in 2018, the police record will not have changed. But as I said better to ask as visa officers are usually sticklers for rules. 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:06 AM, bing bing said:

Yeah, that's what I did but it also requires FIN of the employer and I don't have contact with my employer anymore  since I went back in Philippines.

Hi Bing Bing. This might be a long shot but you might have a copy of your IPA or in principle approval from MOM. Usually your sponsor would send it to you. Mine sent it by email so I have a PDF copy and I have a hard copy as well. The IPA looks like this:

82AB32AD-B417-4528-BAA6-0FC63B11BB40.jpeg

Edited by ratstar77
Wrong photo

52 minutes ago, Lerissa said:

Hi i already have my COC before leaving Singapore last October 2018. My USCIS application got approved on may 2019. Do i still need to apply for a recent COC since it is stated that police clearances should be requested after the application was approved by the USCIS.

Also it seems to state that the COC must be sent directly from SPF to the visa office/embassy... 

13 minutes ago, ratstar77 said:

Hi Bing Bing. This might be a long shot but you might have a copy of your IPA or in principle approval from MOM. Usually your sponsor would send it to you. Mine sent it by email so I have a PDF copy and I have a hard copy as well. The IPA looks like this:

82AB32AD-B417-4528-BAA6-0FC63B11BB40.jpeg

Hi ratstar77,

Thank you for your reply. I contacted my first employer in Singapore and helped me find my FIN online but they only got my IPA and sent me a screenshot.The IPA they got is the IPA of my second employer. If I may ask, Is the IPA will change if I change employer or is IPA same with every employer?

4 hours ago, bing bing said:

Hi ratstar77,

Thank you for your reply. I contacted my first employer in Singapore and helped me find my FIN online but they only got my IPA and sent me a screenshot.The IPA they got is the IPA of my second employer. If I may ask, Is the IPA will change if I change employer or is IPA same with every employer?

I am not sure. I do know that they issue a new IPA each time the work pass is renewed but the FIN stays the same.

The FIN is only valid with the work pass. If you left Singapore and returned later for a second job, you would have been issued a new IPA and a new FIN. If you were still in Singapore when you changed jobs it’s possible that MOM simply kept your old FIN. 

I advise to just use this FIN (from your second employer) to apply for your COC, if the clearance is for this same time period and you were with your second employer at least 6 months. The police force will anyway countercheck is it is accurate. 

Edited by ratstar77

4 hours ago, bing bing said:

Hi ratstar77,

The IPA should change with every employer. 

What’s important is to look at the FIN on the IPA page and then you can apply for your COC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.