rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ratstar77 said:

The IPA should change with every employer. 

What’s important is to look at the FIN on the IPA page and then you can apply for your COC. 

I was working with my second employer for only a month and was transferred to the third employer which was the last employer before I left SG. The IPA that was sent by my first employer through screenshot was the IPA from second employer. I was looking for the FIN but I only seen the workpass number. Is FIN and workpass number same?

6 hours ago, ratstar77 said:

I am not sure. I do know that they issue a new IPA each time the work pass is renewed but the FIN stays the same.

The FIN is only valid with the work pass. If you left Singapore and returned later for a second job, you would have been issued a new IPA and a new FIN. If you were still in Singapore when you changed jobs it’s possible that MOM simply kept your old FIN. 

I advise to just use this FIN (from your second employer) to apply for your COC, if the clearance is for this same time period and you were with your second employer at least 6 months. The police force will anyway countercheck is it is accurate. 

I was still in Singapore when I changed/transferred to employers. I had three employers all. To the first employer I was there for 6 months. Second employer only for a month and for the third employer was there for 21 months.

18 minutes ago, bing bing said:

I was working with my second employer for only a month and was transferred to the third employer which was the last employer before I left SG. The IPA that was sent by my first employer through screenshot was the IPA from second employer. I was looking for the FIN but I only seen the workpass number. Is FIN and workpass number same?

I only heard it called a FIN. Does the work pass number have 9 characters, and starts and ends with letters? (X1234567Y). Then it’s probably the same as your FIN. 

12 hours ago, ratstar77 said:

I think so. It’s best to ask the US embassy directly or through their website. What I know is that the COC does not expire. It might be you need a new one if you still reside at Singapore, but as you left in 2018, the police record will not have changed. But as I said better to ask as visa officers are usually sticklers for rules. 

Thank you for replying. I just wonder, how do i apply for a recent one? Do i need to send again all the requirements including fingerprint impressions?

47 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Try this link to check if your work permit number was issued:

https://nric.biz/

31 minutes ago, ratstar77 said:

I only heard it called a FIN. Does the work pass number have 9 characters, and starts and ends with letters? (X1234567Y). Then it’s probably the same as your FIN. 

I was checking the work pass number on the IPA and it has 9 digits number. There's no letters on it. The FIN must have letters on it?

12 minutes ago, Lerissa said:

Thank you for replying. I just wonder, how do i apply for a recent one? Do i need to send again all the requirements including fingerprint impressions?

It would be in this website: 

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

first you need to make an appeal by filling up an online form. It’s a bit detailed. You need to upload scanned copies of your old visit pass, passport page, recent ID photo, and the document showing why you need a COC (which would be the list of requirements from the US embassy issued to you). Plus details of a valid credit card. The online form is slow and logs off if you take some time so it’s better to have all these ready. 

They will email you if your appeal is successful after which you can apply for a COC. This is the time you need to send a hard copy of your fingerprints. 

I just read the website and it does say that if your COC is older than 6 months then you need to apply for a new one. 

4 minutes ago, bing bing said:

I was checking the work pass number on the IPA and it has 9 digits number. There's no letters on it. The FIN must have letters on it?

You are right it should have a letter in front and at the end. 

I have read another thread, sometimes they write your FIN on your passport when the stamp in a multiple entry visa. Please check your old passports from that time. Baka andun 

15 minutes ago, bing bing said:

If it is really hard to find a FIN, the ideal solution is to go to Singapore directly to the Police Force. I think one can apply directly, even if you don’t know your FIN (based on threads I read). Then have a Friend pick up your COC and mail it to you; or you can give them the address of the embassy (I think they require the COC sent directly to them). 

37 minutes ago, bing bing said:

Hi Bing. Try this link again as posted by Rainey: 

https://wponline.mom.gov.sg/WPOLLoginController?action=WPOLLoginAction&actionType=WPOLNonLogin

click on “I agree”

click on “Enquire” 

click on “Foreign Worker Details”

enter your passport number and full name 

then using the information on your IPA enter your work permit number and date of application 

8D2FAB15-BDEA-47DA-A694-7EFAAE10C193.jpeg

F3A4D72F-C3F1-45E0-AB6E-EBD4EC1BA7C6.jpeg

3B4511E2-46E9-42AA-BE65-74D3C551A6D7.png

F68ECD10-DDD0-4BFE-AF29-CDDC3B570587.jpeg

44 minutes ago, bing bing said:

What I’m worried about, Bing is that even if you find out what your FIN is, you will still need to upload a photo of your work permit card (front and back) to the online form on SPF 

29 minutes ago, ratstar77 said:

If it is really hard to find a FIN, the ideal solution is to go to Singapore directly to the Police Force. I think one can apply directly, even if you don’t know your FIN (based on threads I read). Then have a Friend pick up your COC and mail it to you; or you can give them the address of the embassy (I think they require the COC sent directly to them). 

I am thinking of that too to just go to Sg directly. But I still need to figure it out. I hope still have ways to retrieve my FIN.

9 minutes ago, ratstar77 said:

Hi Bing. Try this link again as posted by Rainey: 

https://wponline.mom.gov.sg/WPOLLoginController?action=WPOLLoginAction&actionType=WPOLNonLogin

click on “I agree”

click on “Enquire” 

click on “Foreign Worker Details”

enter your passport number and full name 

then using the information on your IPA enter your work permit number and date of application 

8D2FAB15-BDEA-47DA-A694-7EFAAE10C193.jpeg

F3A4D72F-C3F1-45E0-AB6E-EBD4EC1BA7C6.jpeg

3B4511E2-46E9-42AA-BE65-74D3C551A6D7.png

F68ECD10-DDD0-4BFE-AF29-CDDC3B570587.jpeg

I've already tried on this to the WP online however I need to obtain the NRIC no. ,FIN and CPF no. and I don't have my employer's information regarding that. I contacted the Singapore Embassy in Manila and was asking them about my FIN and they referred me to contact the MOM to access my FIN. They gave me the email add and ohone number to contact MOM. And yesterday I emailed the MOM and received a reply but it was a computer-generated message. I planned to call their contact number.

Just now, bing bing said:

I've already tried on this to the WP online however I need to obtain the NRIC no. ,FIN and CPF no. and I don't have my employer's information regarding that. I contacted the Singapore Embassy in Manila and was asking them about my FIN and they referred me to contact the MOM to access my FIN. They gave me the email add and ohone number to contact MOM. And yesterday I emailed the MOM and received a reply but it was a computer-generated message. I planned to call their contact number.

Ok hopefully it will work out. 

If you can go to Singapore, you will need to stay a few days as SPF needs to verify what your FIN was. In other threads they mention having to bring proof that they tried everything but were unable to find their FIN. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.