rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2019 at 2:18 AM, rainey0914 said:

Hi! I'm so sorry about the promised update. After I posted this, I didn't know that the post couldn't be edited anymore. It's been a while since I did it, but I think I just mailed the receipt /invoice number and the fingerprint form. This was back in October 2016, and I think there were minimal changes in the policy. It would be helpful to go through the more recent replies to this post as they have the most recent experiences in mailing it. :)

On 7/30/2019 at 2:19 AM, rainey0914 said:

@ratstar77 Thank you for answering their questions, you're a lifesaver! 

On 7/29/2019 at 11:54 PM, ratstar77 said:

Send the fingerprint impressions and a copy of the eCOC Acknowledgment Slip to the address mentioned on the website. 

All the info is here: https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

Thank you for taking time and answering. I have received their email regarding documents you will be sending to them along with the fingerprints, I have sent my COC to Singapore now. Thank you

Just to share to everyone who are also working on this:

• I went to Makati Police Headquarters (Yakal St cor Ayala Avenue) - since I live in Makati
  • Look for their Fingerprint Technician, he will be willing to assist you with your fingerprints
  • This assistance is actually no charge, but since we're in the Philippines and the technician told me "ikaw na bahala" I gave him 250 (haha)
  • He advised me not to fold the documents to not messed up the fingerprints sample as this might be sent back to you by Singapore to get another one
  • I sent my documents with the tax invoice receipt COC emailed me and shipped it to their address via DHL. - I advise to get DHL as they have thick folder they can give you to ship their documents and they can add a note that says "Do not Fold, handle with care". LBC cannot guarantee you that. I paid almost PHP 1,200 - ship for 3 working days. I sent it Thursday night so I'm expecting Singapore will receive it Monday or Tuesday

That is all, I'll try to update my process here from time to time also to help other people.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys! You’re advises are really lifesavers!!! Just want to ask few questions. Thank u in advance for answering. 

1. To print the Singapore Fingerprint Form is it okay in a normal bond paper? 

2. Is anyone here for K1 visa? As they said the COC obtained from SG ,SPF  will mail  directly to US Embassy. Is it correct?

3. If we’re the one who will mail to US Embassy here in Manila  , any idea how long they will send back ur passport with Visa? (Claiming to get a Visa soon) 😊

thank u guys!!! 

Hi sis you can check my vlog too (ghailtv) https://youtu.be/iYLTJ_Vdgro yes you can print the form using a regular bond paper, if you’re going to have your fingerprints done at Camp Crame, they will give you the cardboard version too. I requested my COC to be sent to my home address and i personally brought it with me on the day of my interview. Good luck and God bless!

Edited by Ghail

ratstar77

can you go over from start to  finish what it took to get your Singapore police clearance ?

did you have to get the USA embassy to request it ?

was there a option of them mailing direct to  you ?

On 12/6/2019 at 1:37 AM, Ghail said:

Hi sis you can check my vlog too (ghailtv) https://youtu.be/iYLTJ_Vdgro yes you can print the form using a regular bond paper, if you’re going to have your fingerprints done at Camp Crame, they will give you the cardboard version too. I requested my COC to be sent to my home address and i personally brought it with me on the day of my interview. Good luck and God bless!

Thank u soo much sis ❤️

On 12/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Curt R said:

ratstar77

can you go over from start to  finish what it took to get your Singapore police clearance ?

did you have to get the USA embassy to request it ?

was there a option of them mailing direct to  you

you can check my vlog too (ghailtv) https://youtu.be/iYLTJ_Vdgro I requested my COC to be sent to my home address and i personally brought it with me on the day of my interview. Good luck and God bless!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there everyone,

Can you please give me an example of Appeal Plea for Singapore Police Certificate/Clearance, I'm from Philippines, I need it for my US K1-Visa Application...And what is Date of Departure?Should i put any date for my Departure that may work?Is it required?Please Help...Thank you very much in advance...

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

I am trying to get my documents together for when my case gets to the NVC and I can progress stuff. I lived in Singapore as a student for 12 months so I believe I will need a COC.

I am sorry for posting in this thread despite not living in the Philippines, but it seems to be the best source of information regarding COC from Singapore in this forum.

I have a few questions regarding the process:

1. Under the state.gov website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Singapore.html?fbclid=IwAR0F-qdhsV88Sx8L3X2U44Z_YJ9l2y9XSScxvFYAHqLLFa0VMXFC8JwayqA) it gives me a letter template (https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/reciprocity/Singapore COC request letter.pdf) to provide during my application. Do I print this and edit it via a PDF-Editor or how do I go about filling in my information?
  2. In the same letter - what is my case number? Do I need the one from the NVC, so need to wait until they have my case before I can proceed?
  3. I changed my name after marriage, so the letter / case is under my married name whereas I lived in Singapore under my old name - will this be an issue?
  4. I saw that the website to apply requires your FIN - I hope I can find it, but what's the work-around if I can't?
  5. I now live and am applying from the UK - where is the best place to get my fingerprint hardcopies taken to send to Singapore?
  6. How do I obtain the COC after I mail off the fingerprints?

Thank you all in advance! :)

Edited by Pat2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.