atlus

Petitioner Must be Employed ? ( this is wrong )

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

I think you would be fine. My uncle is also a commercial pilot in an extremely similar situation but I don't think the right word is "unemployed" unless you work for different company every 6 months.

My uncle work for Iberia and he works 6 months in a row and then he is 6 months on vacation, with the exact same company. Although he is not technically working for 6 months, he is still considered an employee so he is not unemployed.

If this is your case, you are definitely not unemployed.

But even if that's the case, commercial pilots like you both make more than me and my husband working 365 hahahahaha so you will be fine

The problem here isn't about what job someone has nor how much they make in this case. Its about taxes that are or are not paid. How many months the O P works isn't important, rather what his yearly income is & if his taxes are paid. Like your relative he is employed all year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

I think you would be fine. My uncle is also a commercial pilot in an extremely similar situation but I don't think the right word is "unemployed" unless you work for different company every 6 months.

My uncle work for Iberia and he works 6 months in a row and then he is 6 months on vacation, with the exact same company. Although he is not technically working for 6 months, he is still considered an employee so he is not unemployed.

But even if that's the case, commercial pilots like you both make more than me and my husband working 365 hahahahaha so you will be fine

I am almost the same but for my 6 months off i am just considered a return to work in May. My company doesn't call it vacation they just say your seasonal. But i think its fine.

I do claim UE during that time also so i am considered lay off and will return May 1 . So i think its will be fine I hope ;-)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ning said:

The problem here isn't about what job someone has nor how much they make in this case. Its about taxes that are or are not paid. How many months the O P works isn't important, rather what his yearly income is & if his taxes are paid. Like your relative he is employed all year. 

I have not paid 2014-2015 but before the up grade of status in my country They will be paid. My attorney and 4 other separate attorneys have said that  the first interview will only want the most current year Tax return. and the other will be at the second interview for upgrade of status. So i think for now I am fine . I have current 2016 tax return and i have W2 from 2014-15  but have not paid. 

Oh well nothing I can do about it this is how it is. I will not pay 2014-15 until May and that is well before the upgrade of status.

Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Do you have assets that cover the difference? 

No I have no assets. I just work 6 months for my yearly income and the only assets would be maybe 20-30k in checking and today my attorney said they will only want most current year for the first interview so i hope he is correct and the other attorneys said the same thing so i dunno i will hope it works i cannot pay 2014-15 until May my tax man has the info and can file it with one phone call for me but i told him i will wait until May. The IRS said they didnt care just as long as I pay which i will.  ;-)

Timeline
7 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Obviously, you don’t need to be employed if you’re retired. Just saying.....

I wish i was retired or I really wish i could win power ball that would be nice.

9 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

Thanks though i hope i will be fine  ;-)

Timeline
On 10/17/2017 at 7:08 PM, Mrsjackson said:

It's not "wrong" necessarily but rather some embassies request multiple tax returns from years prior and some only require the most recent. Depends on the country. 

It doesn't matter that you do not work a 9 - 5 most of the year. They don't care. USCIS cares that you have a legitimate position (as in you don't make money illegally - commercial pilot certainly qualifies) and that you can support your beneficiary. If you make well more then the poverty income threshold for your household number then congrats, you have no problem. No need to think about it anymore. 

Billionaires can petition, yes. USCIS will look at significant assets in lieu of income. 

Wish i was a Billionaire lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, atlus said:

I have not paid 2014-2015 but before the up grade of status in my country They will be paid. My attorney and 4 other separate attorneys have said that  the first interview will only want the most current year Tax return. and the other will be at the second interview for upgrade of status. So i think for now I am fine . I have current 2016 tax return and i have W2 from 2014-15  but have not paid. 

Oh well nothing I can do about it this is how it is. I will not pay 2014-15 until May and that is well before the upgrade of status.

8 hours ago, Ning said:

6 hours ago, atlus said:

I am almost the same but for my 6 months off i am just considered a return to work in May. My company doesn't call it vacation they just say your seasonal. But i think its fine.

I do claim UE during that time also so i am considered lay off and will return May 1 . So i think its will be fine I hope ;-)

So in reality the O P isn't fully employed rather applies for U E benefits every 6 months. That will be indicated on his tax returns. This is the first case I have seen where 5 lawyers worked on the same case. Those 5 lawyers haven't offered any different methods nor action for the O P than he has received here on V J but there remains a cloud over the info it seems which cause him to continue to question the info. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ning said:

No buy its good for a laugh. 

Yep, and my company list me as on vacation return to work May 1 and i still get UE so your thoughts on that are wrong sorry . ;-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several posts have been removed for multiple Terms of Service violations.

Two more posts have been removed for noncontributory arguing.

Administrative action has been applied to the OP's account and a participant's account.

This thread is now closed to further comment.

It is not to be restarted or referred to elsewhere.

The site's Terms of Service are found here:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.