CaliCat

The Law Is on the N.F.L. Players’ Side

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

If the the actual percentage of white people killed by black people was 15.7%, and we have a chart saying 81% of white people murdered were killed by black people, that is far from the truth. 

I'm still more concerned that 88.8% of all homicides are committed by males. I don't see any other group that showed up that disproportionately. We are talking about colors when the actual problem is evident.

What did you expect?  What other group is there besides females?  

And we all know women make sandwiches, men do the killing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

If the the actual percentage of white people killed by black people was 15.7%, and we have a chart saying 81% of white people murdered were killed by black people, that is far from the truth. 

I'm still more concerned that 88.8% of all homicides are committed by males. I don't see any other group that showed up that disproportionately. We are talking about colors when the actual problem is evident.

You should go to work and take a knee. Show your outrage. 

7 hours ago, eieio said:

If he did I'm sure you would love to moan about it.

It's a person kneeling. It really shouldn't be an effective form of protest, but in reality all of the complaining about it just gives it more attention. 

8 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I would be unemployed 

Who do you work for, if you don't mind my asking?

No private entity should demand loyalty to the government/country. That is pretty antiquated. This isn't the 1800s.

This is supposed to be the land of the free. We are supposed to be above these sorts of things.  I expect it in countries that demand loyalty (Thailand) of its citizens, but not the US. 

How far we've fallen.

9 hours ago, eieio said:

My employer has a policy against smoking. They don't hire anyone who has smoked in the last 6 months.  Unlike NB's employer, they don't have anything specific about kneeling. I guess everyone has their priorities.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

11 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

My employer has a policy against smoking. They don't hire anyone who has smoked in the last 6 months.  Unlike NB's employer, they don't have anything specific about kneeling. I guess everyone has their priorities.

Kneeling is linked to knee cancer.

We need to increase awareness to fight this deadly epidemic.

EDIT: Also, I love the sound of your employer.

Edited by bcking

1 hour ago, bcking said:

Who do you work for, if you don't mind my asking?

No private entity should demand loyalty to the government/country. That is pretty antiquated. This isn't the 1800s.

This is supposed to be the land of the free. We are supposed to be above these sorts of things.  I expect it in countries that demand loyalty (Thailand) of its citizens, but not the US. 

How far we've fallen.

I am in sales. That's were you are very wrong and that is what is at the base of this argument.  I could not come to work on Confederate memorial day with confederate battle flag on my shirt. employers have certain codes of conduct and are well within their rights to expect them to be followed. At the local Military base, you are not allowed to have any kind of political stickers on your car or wear them on your person. Hardly a violation of free speech. 

I am all for protest and  making statements. On your own time. 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I am in sales. That's were you are very wrong and that is what is at the base of this argument.  I could not come to work on Confederate memorial day with confederate battle flag on my shirt. employers have certain codes of conduct and are well within their rights to expect them to be followed. At the local Military base, you are not allowed to have any kind of political stickers on your car or wear them on your person. Hardly a violation of free speech. 

I am all for protest and  making statements. On your own time. 

Not being allowed to wear certain clothing at work is different than a workplace requiring you to kneel for the national anthem. It is quite standard to have "dress codes" at work. I don't think it is quite as standard to have a rule on the books saying that you have to stand for the National Anthem. I don't think it is quite standard for most workplaces to have the National Anthem come up at all.

Does your company really have a rule on the books that says when they play the National Anthem you MUST stand? Do they play the National Anthem on a regular basis at your company?

Maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you said that you would be fired if you kneeled during the National Anthem at work. How often does your company play the National Anthem? It usually doesn't come up in the workplace unless you work for the Government, I'd imagine.

Edited by bcking

19 minutes ago, bcking said:

Kneeling is linked to knee cancer.

We need to increase awareness to fight this deadly epidemic.

EDIT: Also, I love the sound of your employer.

we have nothing specific in the handbook about disrespecting the flag or wearing Confederate paraphernalia or walking around naked. Somethings are common sense. 

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

we have nothing specific in the handbook about disrespecting the flag or wearing Confederate paraphernalia or walking around naked. Somethings are common sense. 

Are you sure you have absolutely no dress code? That would be unusual.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When you protest the flag and national anthem, it just shows everyone how much you hate America.

The ratings of NFL games are going down. It is up to the owners to stop this disrespectful and disgraceful behavior. 

4 minutes ago, eieio said:

When you protest the flag and national anthem, it just shows everyone how much you hate America.

The ratings of NFL games are going down. It is up to the owners to stop this disrespectful and disgraceful behavior. 

That is a very simplistic, narrow and ultimately ignorant view of political protests.

People don't generally protest because they hate their country. On the contrary most of the time they are protesting because they love their country and want to it be "better" (in their eyes).

Edited by bcking

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I am sure there is. Handbooks are for losers. I honestly dont know 

Even if it is only one line, I'm sure they have something that could very easily be used to claim someone wearing hate speech on a shirt violates the dress code.

Again - I doubt most workplaces have anything like that which pertains to kneeling for the anthem. If you were fired for that, I imagine you would have a legal case.

Edited by bcking