CaliCat

The Law Is on the N.F.L. Players’ Side

135 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Certain  people in certain situations are forgiven..   certain apologies  are certainly   accepted 

This much I am certain of

I'll try my best to stick to your "reality" in situations like this.

Meanwhile in the real world an actual well reasoned argument (even if a bit long!) will win but I guess here that doesn't matter ;) 

Edited by bcking

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

I'll try my best to stick to your "reality" in situations like this.

Meanwhile in the real world an actual well reasoned argument (even if a bit long!) will win but I guess here that doesn't matter ;) 

A well reasoned argument, not based in fact, may win for a short period of time, if digested by sheeple.

In the end facts usually win.

you are still wrong

A well reasoned argument, not based in fact, may win for a short period of time, if digested by sheeple.

In the end facts usually win.

you are still wrong

A short succinct argument that does not accurately disclose or identify the facts is never right.

You are even more wrong.

(Am I doing better?)

Edited by bcking

33 minutes ago, bcking said:

A short succinct argument that does not accurately disclose or identify the facts is never right.

You are even more wrong.

(Am I doing better?)

succinct  Word of the day...

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, bcking said:

Who do you work for, if you don't mind my asking?

No private entity should demand loyalty to the government/country. That is pretty antiquated. This isn't the 1800s.

This is supposed to be the land of the free. We are supposed to be above these sorts of things.  I expect it in countries that demand loyalty (Thailand) of its citizens, but not the US. 

How far we've fallen.

I can tell from your post that you have never sacrificed nor volunteered to serve your country.  Your views might very well be different had you done so.

Loyalty to the country that provides your security, your freedoms, and the right to do pretty much as you see fit... I don’t see that as too much to ask.  I’d much prefer to show loyalty to the US than China or N. Korea or several other countries.  But I guess different folks take different things for granted.

6 hours ago, bcking said:

Not being allowed to wear certain clothing at work is different than a workplace requiring you to kneel for the national anthem. It is quite standard to have "dress codes" at work. I don't think it is quite as standard to have a rule on the books saying that you have to stand for the National Anthem. I don't think it is quite standard for most workplaces to have the National Anthem come up at all.

Does your company really have a rule on the books that says when they play the National Anthem you MUST stand? Do they play the National Anthem on a regular basis at your company?

Maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you said that you would be fired if you kneeled during the National Anthem at work. How often does your company play the National Anthem? It usually doesn't come up in the workplace unless you work for the Government, I'd imagine.

Not sure if you know this or not, but the US Code actually lays out the groundwork for conduct during the playing of the National Anthem.  

2 hours ago, bcking said:

I'll try my best in the future to bring myself to match your level. My apologies.

I’m sure you’re a great guy and all, but to try to bring yourself to NB’s level in this walk of life might take more than you are willing to work towards.  But I encourage ANYONE to attempt to reach the moral high ground that NB is capable of.  

Just now, IDWAF said:

I’m sure you’re a great guy and all, but to try to bring yourself to NB’s level in this walk of life might take more than you are willing to work towards.  But I encourage ANYONE to attempt to reach the moral high ground that NB is capable of.  

The scale I was referencing wasn't one of morality...

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

The scale I was referencing wasn't one of morality...

Doesn’t really matter WHICH scale you are referencing.  You were trying to insinuate that NB’s “level” is below yours, and that you need to lower yourself in order to converse with him.  Which is cute and all sitting behind a heyboard, because you don’t know the man you are dissing. 

But I can assure you that you are dead wrong.

1 minute ago, IDWAF said:

Doesn’t really matter WHICH scale you are referencing.  You were trying to insinuate that NB’s “level” is below yours, and that you need to lower yourself in order to converse with him.  Which is cute and all sitting behind a heyboard, because you don’t know the man you are dissing. 

But I can assure you that you are dead wrong.

I'll take a cue out of his book...

You're more wrong.

If it was out of my playbook you would have said wrongest

I give credit where it's due. I haven't seen you use "wrongest".

I was doing my best to honestly emulate you. I'm not here to score points or inflate anything unnecessarily.

15 minutes ago, bcking said:

I'll take a cue out of his book...

You're more wrong.

Unfortunately for your baseless argument, I have knowledge far and above yours, so I am absolutely the mostest rightest of us all, when it comes to the current discussion.  I concede your knowledge in matters medical, but not in matters NB.  Someone you have never met, nor supped with.  It’s ok, you simply cannot know what you don’t know.  But one day, perhaps you will be more privileged than you are today.  We can only hope so, for your sake.

Edited by IDWAF

5 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Unfortunately for your baseless argument, I have knowledge far and above yours, so I am absolutely the mostest rightest of us all, when it comes to the current discussion.  I concede your knowledge in matters medical, but not in matters NB.  Someone you have never met, nor supped with.  It’s ok, you simply cannot know what you don’t know.  But one day, perhaps you will be more privileged than you are today.  We can only hope so, for your sake.

You are still wrong.

I'm getting good at this :)

42 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

The thing is labor laws differ vastly from state to state as I tried to explain to him. Here in my state,  they need no reason what so ever to fire someone, as long as you don't break the law doing it. My boss or any other here could fire you for kneeling during the anthem.