venom123

Can I expedite EAD based on a job INTERVIEW?

45 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Good news guys, woke up this morning to "Card is in proudction!"

I actually called up my congressional office yesterday and asked them to try and expedite the case for me. It's amazing how quick they were!

Congress people can't expedite anything. No one can have any influence to immigration cases. They only inquire about cases.

It was likely in queue for production anyway. Like everyone told you, it was any day now.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, NuestraUnion said:

Congress people can't expedite anything. No one can have any influence to immigration cases. They only inquire about cases.

It was likely in queue for production anyway. Like everyone told you, it was any day now.

Not true, spoke to the immigration guy at the congressional office who said he was making enquiries on my behalf to expedite the case.

Another member has done the same thing.

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

04/01/16....Met online playing Dota 2 

01/20/17....POE Chicago (Visa Waiver - Visitor)

06/27/17....Marriage at courthouse, IL 

07/11/17....AOS mailed 1.45pm  - I-130, I-130a, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 X2 (for wife and joint sponsor) - Day 0

07/12/17....AOS Packet arrived at Chicago Lockbox - Day 1

07/19/17....NOA 1 Email/Texts received 11.23pm - Day 8

07/22/17....NOA 1 physical copies arrived  - Day 11

10/17/17....We Have Ordered your new card (EAD)   - Day 98

10/19/17....Card Mailed! (EAD) - Day 100

01/12/18....Scheduled For Interview (EAD) - Day 185

02/13/18....Interviewed and Approved for 2 Year GC! :jest:   - Day 217

02/14/18....We have Ordered your new card (2 Year GC)!  - Day 218

02/15/18....Card Mailed (2 Year GC)!  - Day 219

Was a stressful journey full of ups and downs, cya in 2020 VJ. I'll be back when it's time to begin the dreaded I-751. Biggest advice - make sure you have a TON of evidence, be completely honest and you'll be fine. Good luck everyone! =)

4 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Not true, spoke to the immigration guy at the congressional office who said he was making enquiries on my behalf to expedite the case.

Another member has done the same thing.

Again. The congress person did NOT expedite your case. EAD/AP are averaging 100 days. You are just at the time to receive your card. The congress person simply inquired about your case.

Don't you think that if it was that simple to have an elected official to manipulate a case like that that everyone would have there congressperson on speed dial? It would open up all kinds of bribery.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
Just now, NuestraUnion said:

Again. The congress person did NOT expedite your case. EAD/AP are averaging 100 days. You are just at the time to receive your card. The congress person simply inquired about your case.

Don't you think that if it was that simple to have an elected official to manipulate a case like that that everyone would have there congressperson on speed dial? It would open up all kinds of bribery.

I'm sure when he enquired about my case they realised my card was overdue so they put it in production.

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

07/11/17....AOS mailed 1.45pm  - I-130, I-130a, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 X2 (for wife and joint sponsor) - Day 0

Was a stressful journey full of ups and downs, cya in 2020 VJ. I'll be back when it's time to begin the dreaded I-751. Biggest advice - make sure you have a TON of evidence, be completely honest and you'll be fine. Good luck everyone! =)

1 minute ago, venom123 said:

I'm sure when he enquired about my case they realised my card was overdue so they put it in production.

Now THAT is something we can agree on. If your are out of normal processing times we encourage members to reach out to elected officials to find out what is going on. Most times it will make the people working on the case aware of the delay.

I just didn't want others who may come across this thread in the future to get the impression that all they have to do is pick up a phone and a congressperson will personally get their case expedited.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Now THAT is something we can agree on. If your are out of normal processing times we encourage members to reach out to elected officials to find out what is going on. Most times it will make the people working on the case aware of the delay.

I just didn't want others who may come across this thread in the future to get the impression that all they have to do is pick up a phone and a congressperson will personally get their case expedited.

Yup agreed!

Do you know if there's anyway to start getting my SSN produced now? I have a job offer and the only way to accept it is to provide them my SSN. Unfortunately I only have a week to accept it and I think that's around the time my EAD will arrive in the mail :(

Edited by venom123

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

3 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Yup agreed!

Do you know if there's anyway to start getting my SSN produced now? I have a job offer and the only way to accept it is to provide them my SSN. Unfortunately I only have a week to accept it and I think that's around the time my EAD will arrive in the mail :(

You should be able to get a SSN now. Take your ID and  K1 visa documentation with you to the local SS office. The SSN card will state "Valid Only with DHS Authorization". Your EAD is the DHS authorization.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

You should be able to get a SSN now. Take your ID and  K1 visa documentation with you to the local SS office. The SSN card will state "Valid Only with DHS Authorization". Your EAD is the DHS authorization.

I actually adjusted from a tourist visa

Edited by venom123

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

Timeline
2 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Went into my local Social Security Office and told them about my situation. They told me once I get my EAD I can come in and apply for a SSN. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive my SSN, but I can come back in 2 days after applying and they will give me the number in person.

Do you know if this is accurate?

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

4 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Went into my local Social Security Office and told them about my situation. They told me once I get my EAD I can come in and apply for a SSN. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive my SSN, but I can come back in 2 days after applying and they will give me the number in person.

Didn't know you were adjusting from a tourist visa. Whole different ballgame. My experience was with my wife's (then fiance) K1. We had no problem getting hers.

You may have to wait it out for the EAD. One of the pitfalls of adjusting from a tourist visa I guess.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NO, you can not get a SSN until you get your EAD!

if this is a good job, and the company wants you, trust me.. they will wait!!!! just tell them your EAD is on its way and then you will get your SSN! once that arrives you can get a number.

and no, you got your EAD bc it was 100 days and that is a normal time. but congrats! what is the job btw?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, venom123 said:

It is accurate depending on the office. Some go back the next day and get the number because it won't be given on the phone. But the card can arrive in 5 days. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/18/2017 at 8:33 AM, venom123 said:

Good news guys, woke up this morning to "Card is in proudction!"

I actually called up my congressional office yesterday and asked them to try and expedite the case for me. It's amazing how quick they were!

Did you expedite based on the job interview? 

I am in the same situation that you used to be. i have a  job interviw in hand whihc im pretty sure i will get..

Just wondering what you did 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 19/02/2018 at 3:34 PM, Laura123 said:

Did you expedite based on the job interview? 

I am in the same situation that you used to be. i have a  job interviw in hand whihc im pretty sure i will get..

Just wondering what you did 

Nope, expedited based on job offer.

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

must be nice... still waiting on EAD since 8/17...

Spoiler

November 11, 2015: Met for the first time
December 13, 2016: I-129F packet sent
December 18, 2016: I-129F delivered to Dallas lockbox
December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 
April 20, 2017: NOA2
May 12, 2017: NVC case number assigned
June 13, 2017: Medical Exam
June 27, 2017: Interview - Approved!
June 30, 2017: CEAC visa status: "Issued"
July 11, 2017: Visa in hand
July 30, 2017: POE in Fort Lauderdale
August 18, 2017: We got married!! ❤️
August 28, 2017: AOS, EAD, AP packets sent,
August 30, 2017: USCIS Received 
September 11, 2017: USCIS Cashed Check 
September 12, 2017: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
October 3, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS
October 6, 2017: Biometrics 
October 16, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS Returned

October 17, 2017: RFE Recieved by USCIS

February 21, 2018: Congressional Inquiry on EAD

March 9, 2018: EAD routed for Expedited Processing

March 23, 2018 EAD and AP Approval NOA2 received

August 10, 2020 ROC Sent to YSC

August 24, 2020 Packet Received 

Total Days For K-1 Visa In Hand : 211 Days or 6 Months 29 Days 

Total Days From AOS Packet Until NOA1: 16 Days

Total days for AOS packet sent to EAD & AP NOA2: 207 Days

Total Days for AOS NOA1 to EAD & AP NOA2: 190 Days

Total days for AOS packet including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 193 Days

Total Days from AOS NOA1 including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 179 Days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.