Aster

October 2017 filing cases

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi,

Package mailed October 05, received October 10. NAO1 October 12 thought SMS. Check used October 13. Our Document are sent to the Potomac Service center (Arlington). And it's funny because me and my spouse met , got engaged and married in Arlington ❤❤❤

Hey Guys,

Sent I-130 on 6th October 2017 NOA1 received via text on 10th October. Still waiting on official letter. So waiting to find out where it’s being processed. My husband and I got married on 19th of August this year,  but we’ve been together for over 8 years, hoping for a quick process but we all know that’s highly unlikely. Does anyone else just worry that they will deny for no reason? Trying to stay positive, it’s so weird being married and not together 😕

Timeline
14 hours ago, SophieTheGamer said:

Hey Guys,

Sent I-130 on 6th October 2017 NOA1 received via text on 10th October. Still waiting on official letter. So waiting to find out where it’s being processed. My husband and I got married on 19th of August this year,  but we’ve been together for over 8 years, hoping for a quick process but we all know that’s highly unlikely. Does anyone else just worry that they will deny for no reason? Trying to stay positive, it’s so weird being married and not together 😕

Hey,

You are supposed to receive a receipt #..... in the text. The fist 3 letters indicates where your application is being processed. 

USC = Potomac

VSC= Vermont

CSC= California

Ect....

And you can use the receipt "#......" on USICS website. You will get more information about your case. 

Many people get approved.  So there is no reason you will not. It's a long and stressful journey. So we should be positive. Let's support each other !

Good luck to everybody !

Edited by IF-Mclean

2 minutes ago, SophieTheGamer said:

my receipt says SRC, which one is that? Yeah everything will be fine, just a waiting game now.

Never mind it’s texas, Anyone know the difference in times for each service centres ?

Timeline
2 hours ago, SophieTheGamer said:

Never mind it’s texas, Anyone know the difference in times for each service centres ?

You may make research on this website to see what people said about the different centers. But I think the timeline will give you the best informations. I'm trying to keep my mind out of the process now. As I have nothing to do at this stage. 

I understand that, I’m heading over for a holiday in Feb, so keeping busy seems to be the only way to pass time.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi my fellow October filers!  I am excited that I don't have to go through this process alone.  This site seems amazing, still learning to maneuver through the topics and discussions though.

So far for us:

James/Tonya K3 or CR1-JOURNEY
4/15/2017......We first met online
6/08/2017......We first met in Manchester, England
6/09/2017......We became engaged
09/12/2017.....James came to USA
9/16/2017......***Marriage***
10/04/2017.....James went back to Scotland :(
10/14/2017.....Sent I-130 to Phoenix
10/16/2017.....Signed as recieved by Phoenix
10/20/2017.....Check cashed
10/23/2017.....email/text saying our I-30 accepted

Timeline
23 hours ago, 06dak said:

Packaged received Friday October 20th at the Chicago lockbox

Reciept notice today October 24th, sent to Texas Service Center

ugh.... the waiting!!!!

Welcome on the boat!

Timeline
3 hours ago, CO_Tonya said:

Hi my fellow October filers!  I am excited that I don't have to go through this process alone.  This site seems amazing, still learning to maneuver through the topics and discussions though.

So far for us:

James/Tonya K3 or CR1-JOURNEY
4/15/2017......We first met online
6/08/2017......We first met in Manchester, England
6/09/2017......We became engaged
09/12/2017.....James came to USA
9/16/2017......***Marriage***
10/04/2017.....James went back to Scotland :(
10/14/2017.....Sent I-130 to Phoenix
10/16/2017.....Signed as recieved by Phoenix
10/20/2017.....Check cashed
10/23/2017.....email/text saying our I-30 accepted

Welcome on the boat! On what USCIS center your application will be processed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.