The Nature  Boy

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

I tend to take this kind of news articles with a grain of salt, it's not real right?

Snopes says so.

http://www.snopes.com/detroit-firefighter-watermelon-fired/

I will have to let Katya know that watermelons are racially insensitive, she will be heartbroken as she loves watermelon.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Snopes says so.

I will have to let Katya know that watermelons are racially insensitive, she will be heartbroken as she loves watermelon.

Lol, I'm not a huge fan of watermelon, too watery... but my little biracial kids do love watermelon. It's time to tell them I'm not allowing such racist food in my house anymore. 

Really...W$&?

Edited by Beachlover

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Snopes says so.

Snopes is fake news, I have heard so on several occasions here.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Watermelon really tastes nice in hot summer weather.

5 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

Lol, I'm not a huge fan of watermelon, too watery... but my little biracial kids do love watermelon. It's time to tell them I'm not allowing such racist food in my house anymore. 

Really...W$&?

Also remember not to buy cotton plant decorations. :whistle:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Merrytooth said:

Watermelon really tastes nice in hot summer weather.

Also remember not to buy cotton plant decorations. :whistle:

I don't know, for some reason it's to much work..slicing it in half then in part and you never know what you will get and it's all messy.

Dang, they just finished their cotton balls Halloween decorations.....

Can someone please explain why watermelon is racial insensitive?

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Just now, Beachlover said:

I don't know, for some reason it's to much work..slicing it in half then in part and you never know what you will get and it's all messy.

Dang, they just finished their cotton balls Halloween decorations.....

Can someone please explain why watermelon is racial insensitive?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_stereotype

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

I personally believe that this is oversensitivity. It's a fruit and a lot of people ( me not so) love it regardless of their color or race...

Those songs might be racist, but offering co workers or friends or family watermelon is not. Unless it's done with the intention to insult. That's not what I read in the article, just a person who wants to be nice. I would probably have done the same, not watermelon because I don't like it, but something else.

Apparently I have to look up lists of food that might be insulting......

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Beachlover said:

I personally believe that this is oversensitivity. It's a fruit and a lot of people ( me not so) love it regardless of their color or race...

Those songs might be racist, but offering co workers or friends or family watermelon is not. Unless it's done with the intention to insult. That's not what I read in the article, just a person who wants to be nice. I would probably have done the same, not watermelon because I don't like it, but something else.

You would need to steer clear of bananas as well.  Like you, I am not a big fan of watermelon for the same reasons, so whenever Katya buys one, she eats the whole thing over time.  I do though love bananas, but I make sure not to leave the peels lying around.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Snopes is fake news, I have heard so on several occasions here.

I fail to see how snopes has any credibility or is an authority on anything. Snopes consists of a weird cat lady in an apartment. Someone please explain to me how snopes has become a "fact checker" for the left.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

You would need to steer clear of bananas as well.  Like you, I am not a big fan of watermelon for the same reasons, so whenever Katya buys one, she eats the whole thing over time.  I do though love bananas, but I make sure not to leave the peels lying around.

See i knew this is going be challenging....I have a kid who only likes watermelon and bananas. And it's one if my favorite fruits, right after blueberries and mango ( are those listed on the forbidden fruit list as well?)

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

6 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

well, this is an article that breitbart ran and they love anything that sows racial tension..i bring watermelon to work and so does my husband. he grows watermelon. not a big deal and i'm sure there is more to this story (or maybe less, and this is a distraction from all the current real stories). if you search watermelon and racial insensitive right now, all that comes up is this story. that tells me we should all be very upset about it.